Undrafted free agents

sulster

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

So far we signed one OT, two saftey guys, two LB and a RB???????? Is it all about defense this year?

Troy offensive lineman James Brown The Bears also agreed to terms with six other undrafted free agents: S Trevor Colston, LB Ronnie Thornton, RB Alvester Alexander, LB Adrien Cole, DT Ronnie Cameron and S Jeremy Jones.

I like what the NFL.com says about the OL we brought in, he is #1 of the top UFA that were available, the first being a RB.

2. James Brown, G, Troy -- Brown has very long arms (34½ inches) and big hands. He has the athletic ability to play left tackle and eventually can develop into an NFL starter.

All nice pickups. A good way to fill out the roster, get some fodder, and potentially find a gem. But let's not kid ourselves, the chances of any of these guys sticking, much less doing well, are slim. There is a reason they were not drafted. This ain't the 50s and the 60s where scouting was so unadvanced that guys like Dent slipped to the 8th round. The success percentage of undrafted players is lesser and lesser as we compare to lower and lower rounds.

I hope a few of them turn out great, but I'm not holding my breath.

All nice pickups. A good way to fill out the roster, get some fodder, and potentially find a gem. But let's not kid ourselves, the chances of any of these guys sticking, much less doing well, are slim. There is a reason they were not drafted. This ain't the 50s and the 60s where scouting was so unadvanced that guys like Dent slipped to the 8th round. The success percentage of undrafted players is lesser and lesser as we compare to lower and lower rounds.

I hope a few of them turn out great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jason I aree with your assessment to a certain degree but this staff added 11 UDFAs last year in a shortened TC. Kyle Adams, Armando Allen, Dom De Cicco, Ricky Henry, Levi Horn, Dane Sazenbacher, Andre Smith, Patrick Trahan, Winston Venable and Anthony Waters during the last season. When its all said and done this staff is who is making the final decision on the fringe players on the roster