With our combination

Wesson44

I'm leary of nearly all rookie WR's. I don't factor Broyles at all until I see otherwise.

You list Jeffery in the mix but leave out Broyles, when he falls in the same situation. I dont think you can have it both ways. You have to either leave out rookies or add all of them in. Broyles is in just a good a situation as Jefferys is with us. We dont know how it pans out.

I am not expecting big things from Jeffrey this year either. I do like his size versus a guy like Broyles because I think it helps him compete quicker in ways Broyles can't. If I take it they are equal on route running and recognition of coverages, then I still like Jeffrey because he can go over the top of CBs to catch passes. Even if he doesn't run the route correctly there is still a window of opportunity for him to make the play. Jeffrey will also be a bigger factor as a blocker in the running game than a guy like Broyles, and he seemingly did well at that last year.

Stat of the Week I

Thanks to Dan Pompei of National Football Post for reminding me Sunday morning of the change of the guard in the Chicago Bears receiver group, prompting this note:

The Chicago Bears could field the tallest set of receivers in club history -- and, in fact, one of the tallest ever to take the field -- this year, depending on the play-calling whimsy of offensive coordinator Mike Tice.

If the Bears line up in a five-receiver set, with two tight ends and three wide receivers, here's how they could threaten the opposition:

At wideout: The 6-4½ Brandon Marshall and 6-3 rookie Alshon Jeffery could line up split out, with 6-0 Earl Bennett or 5-11 Dane Sanzenbacher the third receiver; Sanzenbacher is more suited to play inside. This is dependent, too, on the recovery of 5-11 Johnny Knox from a severe late-2011 back injury.

At tight end: Returning are 6-7 Matt Spaeth and 6-6½ Kellen Davis, who could be used as sixth, or sixth and seventh linemen to buttress a shaky line. And fourth-round pick Evan Rodriguez, an athletic 6-2 tight end, could get some playing time if he proves his worth as a receiver too.

Conjures memories of the Chargers two years ago, when they could send three receivers 6-4 or taller downfield -- Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd and tight end Antonio Gates -- with the 6-2 Legedu Naanee in reserve.

Pretty tall group in Chicago. Not to mention the league's tallest offensive coordinator too. Tice is 6-7.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writ...l#ixzz1ur12xRg2