Mike Simms Walker

GrizzlyBear

I did know he was available this year. He still has not signed with a team yet. I would take shot at him for sure. He was one the up and comers a couple of seasons back , And he is only 27. Take a chance?

Ok I get your point, but the point is what would we do with him?He does not play special teams and is not that great of a WR. So where would he fit.. Lets just see....replace Marshall......well thats a big no, lets see again replace Jeffrey....I dont think so Jeffrey is younger,faster and a better target. moving on replace Bennett, I dont think that would be wise to replace one of Cutlers most dependable targets. So that leaves Hesters spot....now didn't they just say that they were going to have a Devin package this year so cant see him being replaced. So that leaves Thomas and Weems. Now Thomas and Weems are both WR and ST players with skills we need. So that si spots. Bottom line we dont need Walker.

Ok I get your point, but the point is what would we do with him?He does not play special teams and is not that great of a WR. So where would he fit.. Lets just see....replace Marshall......well thats a big no, lets see again replace Jeffrey....I dont think so Jeffrey is younger,faster and a better target. moving on replace Bennett, I dont think that would be wise to replace one of Cutlers most dependable targets. So that leaves Hesters spot....now didn't they just say that they were going to have a Devin package this year so cant see him being replaced. So that leaves Thomas and Weems. Now Thomas and Weems are both WR and ST players with skills we need. So that si spots. Bottom line we dont need Walker.

First, you don't want another WR?! Did you know MSW is 6'2"?! C'mon!~!!!

Also, MSW has a single year of 63 rec, 869yds, 7 TDs on a bad Jacksonville passing offense. In one season he's done almost exactly (4 less catches, more yards/TDs) what Weems and Thomas have done their entire careers.

Also, MSW has a single year of 63 rec, 869yds, 7 TDs on a bad Jacksonville passing offense. In one season he's done almost exactly (4 less catches, more yards/TDs) what Weems and Thomas have done their entire careers.

The main problem is that he doesn't fit the job description because he doesn't play special teams. I also don't think he'd be interested because he would know that couldn't make the team without playing special teams - which he does not do.

LOL you aaare funny.......We have Marshall and Jeffrey at 6'4 Thomas at 6'2 then we have the snurfs Bennett, Hesterr Weems and Knox if he gets well. All I'm saying is that with the new offense we wont need Walker. Thomas, Heste,r and Weems all play ST as were Walker does not. You and I both know that Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett, Hester will be on the field and with Davis and Rodriguez at TE along with Forte(when signed) there is no need for Walker. Now you want to compare his numbers with Thomas and Weems......you are not seeing that Thaoms played for the Giants who have or had Barden, Cruz, Hixon, Nicks and Manningham so he wasnt getting time therer,anf Weems came from the Falcons who have White and Jones, Douglas, Meier and Gonzales at TE so Weems wasnt playing there other than St & mop up Now Walker played with ????????? you go and check thier roster and find a #1 is was Walker or he was the #2.

The main problem is that he doesn't fit the job description because he doesn't play special teams. I also don't think he'd be interested because he would know that couldn't make the team without playing special teams - which he does not do.

I realize that; I was just giving wesson a hard time.

If MSW didn't get picked up by a team he may have to bite his tongue and get in on some ST play. If so, he's a better option than Thomas at the very least. But then again, if frogs had wings...

LOL you aaare funny.......We have Marshall and Jeffrey at 6'4 Thomas at 6'2 then we have the snurfs Bennett, Hesterr Weems and Knox if he gets well. All I'm saying is that with the new offense we wont need Walker. Thomas, Heste,r and Weems all play ST as were Walker does not. You and I both know that Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett, Hester will be on the field and with Davis and Rodriguez at TE along with Forte(when signed) there is no need for Walker. Now you want to compare his numbers with Thomas and Weems......you are not seeing that Thaoms played for the Giants who have or had Barden, Cruz, Hixon, Nicks and Manningham so he wasnt getting time therer,anf Weems came from the Falcons who have White and Jones, Douglas, Meier and Gonzales at TE so Weems wasnt playing there other than St & mop up Now Walker played with ????????? you go and check thier roster and find a #1 is was Walker or he was the #2.

Just giving you a hard time.

But you're making too much out of the time Thomas spent in NY. He had almost four full years before that in Washington and Carolina where he did squat. And the Falcons weren't exactly stacked during Weems' tenure in Atlanta. He couldn't beat out Jenkins and Finneran; he's not that good. This is 100% about ST, but in a world where MSW is willing to play ST, he's preferred over either Thomas or Weems on a team that already has the greatest return man in NFL history.

Guest TerraTor

the clowns we signed dont play Wr

In recent memory MSW was a UFA campaigning to play for the Bears but, they showed moderate interest at the time. Why? I believe he is a me first type player and when he did put up those stats in Jax they decided to let their leading WR go FA. That says it all to me. I'd pass.

Just giving you a hard time.

But you're making too much out of the time Thomas spent in NY. He had almost four full years before that in Washington and Carolina where he did squat. And the Falcons weren't exactly stacked during Weems' tenure in Atlanta. He couldn't beat out Jenkins and Finneran; he's not that good. This is 100% about ST, but in a world where MSW is willing to play ST, he's preferred over either Thomas or Weems on a team that already has the greatest return man in NFL history.

Yes I understand, but the main reason why we dont want Walker is he didn't play ST. Yes i know Thomas and Weems are no more than a #5 or #6 WR on some teams but we got them for ST first and WR last....lol

And yet, both have more catches in the last two years than Sims-Walker does. No thanks.

And yet, both have more catches in the last two years than Sims-Walker does. No thanks.

No they don't. That's unequivocally false. Check their stats again (make sure you scroll past thier primary accomplishments as returners).