Arbitrator overturns Saints Player suspensions

balta1701-A

I can't read the link but did see a blurb on a newswire about it. FWIW, I think its unfortunate. The fact these guys were INTENTIONALLY trying to hurt other players is near criminal. And that they were ONLY suspended is being let off easy. If you or I had started a "bounty" for hurting others, we would be sitting in jail....and probably become unemployed.

It's far from over. The league will end up suspending them again, and they will have to sit. Just down the road a bit after the NFL shores up its charges.

I can't read the link but did see a blurb on a newswire about it. FWIW, I think its unfortunate. The fact these guys were INTENTIONALLY trying to hurt other players is near criminal. And that they were ONLY suspended is being let off easy. If you or I had started a "bounty" for hurting others, we would be sitting in jail....and probably become unemployed.

Goodell stood his ground and refused to name his sources for the evidence. Without putting forth his witnesses, and subjecting them to cross-examination, he didn't have enough evidence of the players involvement. I believe that will be a different story if the coaches try the same path. For one he has a video of Williams exhorting his players to injure other players. This wasn't a criminal case so I assume it's not the same burden of proof requiremen but Goodell has to have some evidence to support his case. Can the league find a way to use their evidence against the players without revealing their sources? I tend to doubt it.

While there are plenty of whistleblower protections that would prevent an employer from taking actions against them, releasing their names to the league in a sport where violence is "contained" could put those players at risk for severe injury. Especially when you consider we already had most of the Saints defenders wanting to injure players. If Goodell has to let these players back on the field to protect the whistleblowers then I'd accept that. At least has the ring leaders out of the league for now.

Hey! Welcome! Cool looking banner. I'll say having Gould in the group is acceptable but Podlesh? Really? Where the heck is Forte? How about someone like Bush or Conte? Still. Awesome looking.

The Bears put that banner out. He didn't make it.

All of this came out before Forte was signed. He also isn't on any of the game tickets.

Hey! Welcome! Cool looking banner. I'll say having Gould in the group is acceptable but Podlesh? Really? Where the heck is Forte? How about someone like Bush or Conte? Still. Awesome looking.

Thanks, but I didn't make it. I found it online somewhere. Trust me, I was wondering where Forte was, too. :lol: