What can Tice do better to win a game

50england50

Yeah, I think it starts with just being able to get a play in. It's a joke that the last two coordinators have not managed to do the most simplest part of their duties, which is actually calling a play, and they can't even do that right.. Progress would be us not having to burn a timeout at any point in the game because of play calling.

Yeah, I think it starts with just being able to get a play in. It's a joke that the last two coordinators have not managed to do the most simplest part of their duties, which is actually calling a play, and they can't even do that right.. Progress would be us not having to burn a timeout at any point in the game because of play calling.

It's because Tice sends the play to Bates who then has to give it to Cutler. I don't get why Tice doesn't give it right to Cutler. That could save multiple timeouts and 5-7 seconds on every play clock.

Id bench Marshall for the first few drives of the game, maybe even a whole game. Get Cutler used to throwing to other people again and getting his confidence up in them.

When I first read this, I thought it was an incredibly stupid idea. I still think it is, but it gave me an idea. If you think about it, it might work, but I'd wait until they get up big on Arizona, which they should because they are f***ing horrible. Then, I'd let Cutler play with just Bennett, Hester and Jeffery. I'd rather wait until they're winning rather than to do it right at the start of the game. Tell Marshall to take a seat and get ready for Detoilet.

When I first read this, I thought it was an incredibly stupid idea. I still think it is, but it gave me an idea. If you think about it, it might work, but I'd wait until they get up big on Arizona, which they should because they are f***ing horrible. Then, I'd let Cutler play with just Bennett, Hester and Jeffery. I'd rather wait until they're winning rather than to do it right at the start of the game. Tell Marshall to take a seat and get ready for Detoilet.

Its late in the year to fix anything. I do think that should have been addressed earlier in the year, even if it was when the team was up like you said. He needs confidence in more than one player. And like others have said, more screens. Forte is too much of a passing threat to not be used more in the passing game.

Its late in the year to fix anything. I do think that should have been addressed earlier in the year, even if it was when the team was up like you said. He needs confidence in more than one player. And like others have said, more screens. Forte is too much of a passing threat to not be used more in the passing game.

It's funny how they only run draws and screens when they have 2nd or 3rd and long. In Tennessee, they ran a draw on 3rd and 16 or so and got 17. In the same game, Forte had a screen and got 60 out of it. Last week, Allen got 14 (IIRC) yards on a screen on a 3rd and long.

DO THEM ON 1ST OR 2ND DOWN AND SHORT ALSO.

It's funny how they only run draws and screens when they have 2nd or 3rd and long. In Tennessee, they ran a draw on 3rd and 16 or so and got 17. In the same game, Forte had a screen and got 60 out of it. Last week, Allen got 14 (IIRC) yards on a screen on a 3rd and long.

DO THEM ON 1ST OR 2ND DOWN AND SHORT ALSO.

Exactly my point. The defense then has to honor those plays and the pass rush is reduced.

For Marshall, I don't think there is anything wrong with his amount of targets. He leads the league in receptions, but is 3rd in targets behind Megatron and Wayne. The injuries to Bennett and Jeffery have also played a factor in his numbers as well. Every QB needs his outlet, most teams don't have Kellen Davis as their TE, so they have a reliable outlet. For the Bears, Marshall is the biggest threat and the most reliable target. To me, the other WR's need to step up. I have to believe that Jeffery will have 2 decent games to finish the season. Besides for the OPI, he didn't look that bad.

Exactly my point. The defense then has to honor those plays and the pass rush is reduced.

For Marshall, I don't think there is anything wrong with his amount of targets. He leads the league in receptions, but is 3rd in targets behind Megatron and Wayne. The injuries to Bennett and Jeffery have also played a factor in his numbers as well. Every QB needs his outlet, most teams don't have Kellen Davis as their TE, so they have a reliable outlet. For the Bears, Marshall is the biggest threat and the most reliable target. To me, the other WR's need to step up. I have to believe that Jeffery will have 2 decent games to finish the season. Besides for the OPI, he didn't look that bad.

Except he had 3 OPI's and a dropped TD the week before in Minnesota.

As I'm sure you all know, I'm not as high on Jeffery. His feet are incredibly slow, so that effects his speed as well as his route running which all results in flags. His hands were his strength but he's had a few dropped passes as well. Also, he's already had a hand and knee surgery.