Capers/Greene

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Mongo on ESPN 1000 just now said that he has talked to Kevin Greene (HOF player, current OLB coach in Green Bay) and Greene told him that Dom Capers is extremely interested in the Bears' head coaching job if it becomes available. If it happened, Greene would come with as the DC.

per @bestof1000 twitter

Mongo on ESPN 1000 just now said that he has talked to Kevin Greene (HOF player, current OLB coach in Green Bay) and Greene told him that Dom Capers is extremely interested in the Bears' head coaching job if it becomes available. If it happened, Greene would come with as the DC.

No. Look at Capers in Carolina and Houston. Greene is a punk POS. And they both stink of GB.

And look at Carroll before USC and Belichick before New England.

"They both of GB?" Yeah, because who would want coaches from a winning organization?

Capers failed not once but twice as an HC. Different than Carroll* and Belichick.

*I would caution to compare Carroll and Belichick in same sentence.

And speaking on "coming from winning organizations" and sticking with the Bellichick pedigree. How are Romeo Crennel, Josh Daniels and Charlie Weis doing these days?

Unless you're comparing coaches who have failed and now are successful, then it's alright to use them however you want. I never said Carroll = Belichick. I said Belichick and Carroll have failed and now are good coaches.

I say no to Capers for the simple fact that the Bears' need an offensive coach.

As for your last point, I never said it's going to work. I said "stink of GB" is a dumb reason not to hire a coach. Because they currently coach on a team that continuously beats the Bears' ass doesn't make them bad choices.

Capers wasn't that bad in Carolina. He only had chances on expansion teams so I would probably be okay giving him another shot, however, the young talent on this team is on the offensive side of the ball, and as far as I'm concerned, there is a lot of talent on this offense (Forte, Alshon, Marshall, and Cutler) when it comes to skill positions, so I want to put that talent with a really good offensive mind.

Now if that means bringing in Norv Turner as the OC to support Capers, then I'm all for it.

The fact this is being talked about publicly means around the league people know Lovie is most likely headed out the door.

I really don't think it is the forgone conclusion many people say it is. I think fact of the matter, if the Bears win next week (playoffs or not) Lovie stays. However, I personally think it should be playoffs or bust (and preferably a playoff win) for Lovie to keep his job. If only Lovie could have hired the right offensive mind to be the OC. Either way he's got no one to blame but himself.

I really don't think it is the forgone conclusion many people say it is. I think fact of the matter, if the Bears win next week (playoffs or not) Lovie stays. However, I personally think it should be playoffs or bust (and preferably a playoff win) for Lovie to keep his job. If only Lovie could have hired the right offensive mind to be the OC. Either way he's got no one to blame but himself.

I did say "most likely" there is a small chance he remains and I think that chance is smaller than what you believe. In other words this team will need a significant improvement not only getting into the playoffs but probably winning a playoff game.

From Emery's perspective, he has to decide if it's a lack of talent on this roster or a lack of coaching. If it's talent then he's hitching his wagon to Lovie for another 4 years. If he has even some hesitancy on the coaching aspect then he has to wonder if he really wants to work with Lovie for another 4 years. For Lovie's entire tenure our offensive game plans have never been good and quite often don't (or can't) take advantage of the other team's weakness. Good coaches win without elite talent, maybe not in the playoffs but they can still win. Does anyone think Lovie can win games with average talent?