Robert Griffin major knee reconstruction

adam

Yeah, because Webb was constantly getting Cutler's ass reemed by opposing pass rushers, game after game, year after year. Webb is lucky Cutler didn't smash his face with the gatorade cooler. Seriously, what if during your job, you had the same asshole interfering with you? Let's say you write reports for a company. What if some goof, every few minutes, came by and slapped the pen as you were writing, causing a huge, permanent, unprofessional line across the page? After about 30 minutes, your paper would look pretty f***ed up, no? You'd probably also like to kick him sterile, no?

And if Urlacher b*tched cutler out on the sidelines after Cutler threw one of his clearly unnecessary picks? Same level of fairness?

And if Urlacher b*tched cutler out on the sidelines after Cutler threw one of his clearly unnecessary picks? Same level of fairness?

J'Marcus Webb has been one of the worst offensive lineman in NFL history for 3 years. He's practically ruined the Bears 3 pick-1 QB-$8m/year investment, single handedly.

Jay Cutler has done nothing but win since he's come here. That wouldn't make sense for Urlacher to do that.

J'Marcus Webb has been one of the worst offensive lineman in NFL history for 3 years. He's practically ruined the Bears 3 pick-1 QB-$8m/year investment, single handedly.

Jay Cutler has done nothing but win since he's come here. That wouldn't make sense for Urlacher to do that.

For the record, I usually come down on the side that defends Jay's attitude. So Jay aside, it's not 7th round draft pick Jamarcus Webb's fault that he may be the best we have to offer at LT. Or that we traded away a crazy amount of value that could have been used to obtain OL. That was on Jerry Angelo, and obviously he didn't get a return on his investment quickly enough to save his own job, so you can't say no one's been held accountable either.

I want to add that Jamarcus didn't all of a sudden start playing worse than usual after that spat (as some suggested he might), and Cutler didn't show any lingering signs of anger towards him. Apparently we're the only ones who can't let it it go.

For the record, I usually come down on the side that defends Jay's attitude. So Jay aside, it's not 7th round draft pick Jamarcus Webb's fault that he may be the best we have to offer at LT. Or that we traded away a crazy amount of value that could have been used to obtain OL. That was on Jerry Angelo, and obviously he didn't get a return on his investment quickly enough to save his own job, so you can't say no one's been held accountable either.

I want to add that Jamarcus didn't all of a sudden start playing worse than usual after that spat (as some suggested he might), and Cutler didn't show any lingering signs of anger towards him. Apparently we're the only ones who can't let it it go.

Actually J'Marcus started playing better in games after that incident. But you know, getting in someone's face never works and that's why Peyton Manning and Tom Brady never do that.

Cutler has his problems be it ignoring fundamentals in throwing technique, lack of throwing the ball away while hoping for or trying to force a big play, ignoring open receivers underneath the coverage. Nonetheless it still amazes me that some people are more concerned about his interview skills and/or demeanor. Not once explained is how interview skills win football games and they don't make you a leader in the locker room, they make you a leader in the media's eyes. He criticized J'Marcus Webb. Wow. He criticized Brandon Marshall publicly during an interview. Oh my! Brandon continued on to be our best WR ever.

If I'm wrong explain how Urlacher is the leader of our defense because his interview skills are worse than Cutler's. Urlacher even criticized us fans and I ripped him for it. He's still the leader of the D. As far the media opinion goes there are few, if any, I trust or care about. Imagine if Cutler had said the same thing Urlacher said about Bears fans? Julius Peppers is a great interview too.

People put up with Peyton Manning's crassness because he wins. People put up with Eli Manning's seeming indifference on the sidelines (it's a strength for him but not for Cutler) because he wins. I'll focus on Cutler's performance on the field when criticizing him because I believe improving those things will lead to more wins. Improving interview skills or smiling for the cameras while on the sideline so the media likes him better will not.

Imagine if Cutler had said the same thing Urlacher said about Bears fans?

That would've been ridiculous. If he called out the fans for booing? I cannot even fathom the backlash that he would've received. They would probably ban him from the game and every Bears fan that doesn't like him would be calling for Sexy Rexy to come back to the Bears and throw some more picks.

That would've been ridiculous. If he called out the fans for booing? I cannot even fathom the backlash that he would've received. They would probably ban him from the game and every Bears fan that doesn't like him would be calling for Sexy Rexy to come back to the Bears and throw some more picks.

I guess all of the people who point out Cutler's attitude are completely off base and just imagining the problem? I think not.

I believe that a QB is the face of the franchise and has an obligation to present the city he represents in a positive light.

And if he is unable/unwilling to behave in a mature way how can his leadership skills possibly be up to the task?

Regardless, once again, I am sure that Emery will ensure he has on offensive line that is solid in the near future and we will then be able to definitively grade his performance fairly.

I guess all of the people who point out Cutler's attitude are completely off base and just imagining the problem? I think not.

I believe that a QB is the face of the franchise and has an obligation to present the city he represents in a positive light.

And if he is unable/unwilling to behave in a mature way how can his leadership skills possibly be up to the task?

Regardless, once again, I am sure that Emery will ensure he has on offensive line that is solid in the near future and we will then be able to definitively grade his performance fairly.

Last i heard his teammates love him. What's more important his teammates have his back or his fans like him. And almost every qb has had run ins with coaches and players. Including brady rodgers

Last i heard his teammates love him. What's more important his teammates have his back or his fans like him. And almost every qb has had run ins with coaches and players. Including brady rodgers

I have seen little indication that his teammates love him, and if there has been some expression of this sort do you wonder what the consequences would be for a player who said that they did not love Cutler? Especially under Lovie, with various examples of players being cut for reasons which seemed based on issues outside of the playing field.

Every QB has run-ins with coaches and players? I don't see that much generally, how many QB's have accosted a teammate on the sidelines?

Obviously there are many who still question Cutler and I don't see him having a great number of fans considering his position as QB of one of the greatest franchises in the NFL.

I have seen little indication that his teammates love him, and if there has been some expression of this sort do you wonder what the consequences would be for a player who said that they did not love Cutler? Especially under Lovie, with various examples of players being cut for reasons which seemed based on issues outside of the playing field.

Every QB has run-ins with coaches and players? I don't see that much generally, how many QB's have accosted a teammate on the sidelines?

Obviously there are many who still question Cutler and I don't see him having a great number of fans considering his position as QB of one of the greatest franchises in the NFL.

We saw brady couple yrs ago go after his offensive coordinator i believe it was. And Rodgers did it in that 2nd game against us when james jones ran wrong route. Prove to me his teammates dont care for him. Even fotmer teammates ive heard come out and say he gets the raw deal from media and fans but inside that locker room the players(whose opinions i trust more than fans/media) genuinely love the guy. I don't necessarily want a qb that's all buddy buddy with fans and media. I want a qb whos teammates care for him and a qb who can win games. He does that. U know if cutler throws a beautiful ball that WR drops and cutler doesn't confront the guy then mefia and fans will say"he doesn't care"

We saw brady couple yrs ago go after his offensive coordinator i believe it was. And Rodgers did it in that 2nd game against us when james jones ran wrong route. Prove to me his teammates dont care for him. Even fotmer teammates ive heard come out and say he gets the raw deal from media and fans but inside that locker room the players(whose opinions i trust more than fans/media) genuinely love the guy. I don't necessarily want a qb that's all buddy buddy with fans and media. I want a qb whos teammates care for him and a qb who can win games. He does that. U know if cutler throws a beautiful ball that WR drops and cutler doesn't confront the guy then mefia and fans will say"he doesn't care"

If Cutler ever wins a Superbowl all that will go away. That's just the nature of the business. Eli Manning was heavily scrutinized for having poor body language for years until he won a ring. Where's that all now? Cutler is made to be an easier target because of his inconsistent play, combined with his hot headed antics, and the lack of playoff success. That's a bad combination.

If Cutler ever wins a Superbowl all that will go away. That's just the nature of the business. Eli Manning was heavily scrutinized for having poor body language for years until he won a ring. Where's that all now? Cutler is made to be an easier target because of his inconsistent play, combined with his hot headed antics, and the lack of playoff success. That's a bad combination.

Sorry im not convinced it will ever go away even if he wins SB

Who said that? It is not all black and white, right and wrong here. Does Cutler have a personality that rubs people the wrong way, absolutely, but that should not take away from what he does on the field.

The face of the franchise is normally the best player or the player most associated with that franchise. Megatron is more the face than Stafford, AP more the face than Ponder, etc, etc.

What do you mean is he unable or unwilling to behave in a mature way

Brady yelling at OC:

Manning yelling at Center, but if NFL Network makes light of it, its ok:

It is exactly like the old argument in baseball, which my dad constantly reminded me of when I was on the mound, "If a defender behind you boots a ball while you're on the mound- don't show any frustration and keep your cool. It would be the same as if you gave up an extra base hit or a home run....they shouldn't come and scream at you for giving up that hit."

However, Cut is exempt from this line of thought for how badly he has been beaten the past few years. I'm hoping someone is capable of doing analysis of how many times Cut had to plant his foot and instead of actually looking down field, he had to run up or out of the pocket because the protection broke down immediately. I'd be willing to bet my retirement Cut has had to do that more than any QB in current league during his time in Chicago.

If the only real incident Cut has had with his offensive line was that bumping on Webb....then Cut is a better man than most. If the assignment of the play was for Webb to absolutely at all cost not get beat inside on that play....just let him go outside....and Webb gets beat inside....yeah. You'd go batsh*t, too. Cut went crazy on Webb because he knew and knows that coaching staff never would.

Exactly!

Who said that? It is not all black and white, right and wrong here. Does Cutler have a personality that rubs people the wrong way, absolutely, but that should not take away from what he does on the field.

The face of the franchise is normally the best player or the player most associated with that franchise. Megatron is more the face than Stafford, AP more the face than Ponder, etc, etc.

What do you mean is he unable or unwilling to behave in a mature way

Brady yelling at OC:

Manning yelling at Center, but if NFL Network makes light of it, its ok:

He has not done all that much on the field firstly, in light of the team behind him.

When/IF Cutler ever wins a Super Bowl then get back to me on the comparison with two QB's who have each won several.

There are many QB's who get sacked and don't behave in that way. It is unhelpful and immature and would never result in a positive outcome.

True on both accounts. But I think there is a degree of difference when comparing the Cutler and the Bears' OL over the past three or so years, and the other QBs people would attempt to throw into this conversation/comparision. Cutler has taken way more heat, way more pressure, way more hits, face way more scrutiny, and I imagine it's exhausting. Especially since it hasn't been fixed the entire time he's been in Chicago.