Tony Dungy

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor
Please elaborate. I've never heard him be racist. Truth speaking but not racist

Just the stuff about the AfAmerica coaches and stuff.

Always backing Mike Vick.. and mentoring him.. he knew him for 3 months

"COlts would be crazy to take Luck over Rg3"

And constantly reminds people he was the first AA to win a SUperBowl... guess what Tony, you inherited Peyton Manning anyway.

This isn't it. There's more to just this generic BS...

I read something eons ago about something involving him and some of his family. And, I can't recall for the life of me what it was. At the time i didn't put much credence into it, but I definitely recall some kind of story on it.

And constantly reminds people he was the first AA to win a SUperBowl... guess what Tony, you inherited Peyton Manning anyway.

Guest TerraTor
This isn't it. There's more to just this generic BS...

I read something eons ago about something involving him and some of his family. And, I can't recall for the life of me what it was. At the time i didn't put much credence into it, but I definitely recall some kind of story on it.

Im trying to find the article about "The crackers"

I don't know if he's referring to the statement that Dungy made about the last african american coach to be hired through an external search and that it was 6 years ago.

There apparently are some feathers being ruffled over the results of the filling of the coaching vacancies this offseason. And talk of tweaking the "roony rule" to better ensure diversity in coaching and GM management roles in the NFL. Personally I think imposing requirements like the Rooney rule that teams have to interview a minority candidate. Rules that say you must have this many minorities, or you must interview this many minorities regardless of how qualified they are is the wrong way to go about it. I believe coaches should be interviewed and looked at for their ability to do the job not the color of their skin. How many candidates that have been interviewed post Rooney Rule were essentially token interviews to fill a requirement. It's becoming a joke. If a coach can do the job or has the resume that suggests he can then interview him. It should be about bringing in the right guy who's the right fit for the team.

Guest TerraTor
I don't know if he's referring to the statement that Dungy made about the last african american coach to be hired through an external search and that it was 6 years ago.

There apparently are some feathers being ruffled over the results of the filling of the coaching vacancies this offseason. And talk of tweaking the "roony rule" to better ensure diversity in coaching and GM management roles in the NFL. Personally I think imposing requirements like the Rooney rule that teams have to interview a minority candidate. Rules that say you must have this many minorities, or you must interview this many minorities regardless of how qualified they are is the wrong way to go about it. I believe coaches should be interviewed and looked at for their ability to do the job not the color of their skin. How many candidates that have been interviewed post Rooney Rule were essentially token interviews to fill a requirement. It's becoming a joke. If a coach can do the job or has the resume that suggests he can then interview him. It should be about bringing in the right guy who's the right fit for the team.

Dont have to be more qualified in todays world. Just complain more

Looking at the past season, I would take Luck over RG3 and I assure you I am not a racist because of my opinion. I just feel that long term Andrew Luck will have greater success. Both certainly proved to be excellent QBs this year. But I still take Luck over RG3.

This all stems from the lack of a minority hire this year. To me it is pretty simple, Caldwell crashed Indy to a 2-14 team, why would anyone hire him? Lovie? We all know enough about him to understand the reluctance to hire him.

If they want to talk about diversity, where are the women coaches? Just saying.

Guest TerraTor
This all stems from the lack of a minority hire this year. To me it is pretty simple, Caldwell crashed Indy to a 2-14 team, why would anyone hire him? Lovie? We all know enough about him to understand the reluctance to hire him.

If they want to talk about diversity, where are the women coaches? Just saying.

See, that argument would never fly... But it is totally true

Looking at the past season, I would take Luck over RG3 and I assure you I am not a racist because of my opinion. I just feel that long term Andrew Luck will have greater success. Both certainly proved to be excellent QBs this year. But I still take Luck over RG3.

I agree. I love RG3 but i don't care qbs who make a career with running. I dont mind the occasional scramble when needed but there shelf life isnt that great. I prefer a pocket passer who has the ability scramble if need beto

Im not gonna call him racist cuz of rg3 over luck. Many ppl were split between that. I think the rule is stupid and ppl making a fuss about should examine things. League has become an offensive league. Almost every HC that was hired has an offensive background and the majority of offensive minded candidates out there were primarily white. It sucks but facts are facts.

Guest TerraTor
I agree. I love RG3 but i don't care qbs who make a career with running. I dont mind the occasional scramble when needed but there shelf life isnt that great. I prefer a pocket passer who has the ability scramble if need beto

Dungy didnt argue the QBs based on style