Mini controversy?

Alaskan Grizzly

So this article caught my attention yesterday:

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_22440...r-bill-callahan

Although I'm not quite sure what happened in reading this article Trestman's silence is worth noting. That and stories that have circulated that Trestman has been difficult to work with in the past could gain traction and especially explain why he didn't get his chance in the big time until as of late.

I can tell you that Callahan is in fact a pile of dung. Being a follower of Nebraska football I can tell you between he and AD Peterson in the early 2000's they knocked Nebraska football back a few years by tinkering with what worked for decades. Callahan was hired because he was an "NFL guru" that understood the new and exciting West Coast offense and some alums were hoping to make it big time after spending big bucks on Memorial stadium upgrades etc in Lincoln. However after a few years of sub-mediocrity, Callahan was fired (thankfully) by former coaching legend and new AD Tom Osbourne. Anyhow the damage that Callahan brought (to include some of his recruits ) had been done. Since, it seems that Nebraska has never been quite the same.

At any rate, didn't mean to prolong this, but I hope that Brown and Rice don't have dirt that includes Trestmans implication and this becomes a "non-story".

Although I'm not quite sure what happened in reading this article Trestman's silence is worth noting. That and stories that have circulated that Trestman has been difficult to work with in the past could gain traction and especially explain why he didn't get his chance in the big time until as of late.

I can tell you that Callahan is in fact a pile of dung. Being a follower of Nebraska football I can tell you between he and AD Peterson in the early 2000's they knocked Nebraska football back a few years by tinkering with what worked for decades. Callahan was hired because he was an "NFL guru" that understood the new and exciting West Coast offense and some alums were hoping to make it big time after spending big bucks on Memorial stadium upgrades etc in Lincoln. However after a few years of sub-mediocrity, Callahan was fired (thankfully) by former coaching legend and new AD Tom Osbourne. Anyhow the damage that Callahan brought (to include some of his recruits ) had been done. Since, it seems that Nebraska has never been quite the same.

At any rate, didn't mean to prolong this, but I hope that Brown and Rice don't have dirt that includes Trestmans implication and this becomes a "non-story".

I don't think there is too much to this. Callahan changed the game plan days before the Super Bowl and it didn't work. Trestman is doing the smart thing and not getting involved. If Brown believed Trestman was involved, I would think that would've been brought up already.

I don't think there is too much to this. Callahan changed the game plan days before the Super Bowl and it didn't work. Trestman is doing the smart thing and not getting involved. If Brown believed Trestman was involved, I would think that would've been brought up already.

Yeah i agree. We haven't heard trestmans name brought up so im not sure it will at any point

On Wisconsin. (Not too soon)