Chris Spencer

scs787

I know it's PFF and it won't please everyone but this says Spencer was the worst guard in the league...

3. Chris Spencer, Chicago Bears

2012 Cap Hit: $4.3m

2012 Performance Based Value: $825k

Value Differential: -$3.4m

Spencer started the first two games of the season for Chicago before getting benched in favor of Chilo Rachal. He got his job back in Week 13 but a knee injury cost him two more games, and he finished the season with only 350 snaps. Spencer allowed 13 QB disruptions in only 172 passing plays in 2012, and his 93.9 Pass Blocking Efficiency rating would have been at the bottom of the list for guards had he played enough snaps to qualify.

I know he was bad but i thought there had to be SOMEONE worse.

Paying that man 4.3M last year make me wanna puke....I woulda done better and would have gladly takin the 825k he was worth

I know it's PFF and it won't please everyone but this says Spencer was the worst guard in the league...

Paying that man 4.3M last year make me wanna puke....I woulda done better and would have gladly takin the 825k he was worth

Extremely over pd and was bad. However throw out stats because its such a small sample size. Some players get better with more reps while some get worse. U just don't know. That said i don't want him back any ways

He is a FA , he is no longer here, he doesnt matter.

Extremely over pd and was bad. However throw out stats because its such a small sample size. Some players get better with more reps while some get worse. U just don't know. That said i don't want him back any ways

A backup has to be tolerable in a limited amount of PT.

With a rookie or a 2nd year player, you tell yourself "Maybe I can still develop him".

Spencer was 30 last year. If he can't come out of the gate and do the best he can, especially with his 2nd year in the same roster, then hes' just that bad.

A backup has to be tolerable in a limited amount of PT.

With a rookie or a 2nd year player, you tell yourself "Maybe I can still develop him".

Spencer was 30 last year. If he can't come out of the gate and do the best he can, especially with his 2nd year in the same roster, then hes' just that bad.

Dude please read everything i sai. I did say he was bad. I did say i don't want him back. I wasn't trying to justify how bad he was or anything like that. I was just simply saying due to the extreme small sample size of of playing time that i ignore what the stats say. I make decision more on what eyes tell me at that point. Small sample size could look really ugly although it may have just been 1 game that he was bad. I know that my eyes tell me he was just plain bad and looked like he had no clue what he was supposed to do

Dude please read everything i sai. I did say he was bad. I did say i don't want him back. I wasn't trying to justify how bad he was or anything like that. I was just simply saying due to the extreme small sample size of of playing time that i ignore what the stats say. I make decision more on what eyes tell me at that point. Small sample size could look really ugly although it may have just been 1 game that he was bad. I know that my eyes tell me he was just plain bad and looked like he had no clue what he was supposed to do

If it's a sample size issue, then there's deeper problems. You can't sign a guy to be a plausible backup and then blame sample size. If you're a coach, you cant' blame sample size when your backup is worse than an average replacement.

The people who made the decisions there, who signed him and put him in that spot, are gone, for a reason. If he needs 16 games to look average, go find me someone else, there's better uses for that money.

Sample size? How much did anyone need to see before he killed our team? He was the starter and got yanked in favor of someone equally horrible. He and Rachal may not be fit for the CFL.

Ok got it y'all can't read obviously. I said he was horrible. Do y'all need me to spell it out anymore. I also said he needs to be gone. I'm not justifying how bad he was get a grip and stop over reacting to everything. All i said is i don't look at stats because of the small sample size. He deserved to be benched. I was screaming for it right away. In no way what so ever am i making an excuse for how horrible he was cuz there is none. Trying reading nxt time

Ok got it y'all can't read obviously. I said he was horrible. Do y'all need me to spell it out anymore. I also said he needs to be gone. I'm not justifying how bad he was get a grip and stop over reacting to everything. All i said is i don't look at stats because of the small sample size. He deserved to be benched. I was screaming for it right away. In no way what so ever am i making an excuse for how horrible he was cuz there is none. Trying reading nxt time

Aren't we a little chippy? When you make a statement like that, just know it better be on point or we will get you. I know I read that, due to sample size, we couldn't quantify how horrible he was.(BTW - you never used the word horrible like you claimed you did) Has was obviously and undoubtedly the worst lineman in the NFL last year regardless of how long he was the starter.

Back to the turd analogies. No matter how much poop you smell, it still smells like poop and never stops smelling like poop.

Aren't we a little chippy? When you make a statement like that, just know it better be on point or we will get you. I know I read that, due to sample size, we couldn't quantify how horrible he was.(BTW - you never used the word horrible like you claimed you did) Has was obviously and undoubtedly the worst lineman in the NFL last year regardless of how long he was the starter.

Back to the turd analogies. No matter how much poop you smell, it still smells like poop and never stops smelling like poop.

You're right i didn't use "horrible". I used the word "bad". How dumb of me thinking y'all were smart enough to actually read what i wrote

Did Spencer suck? Yes.

Are we glad he's gone? Yes.

Maybe when the Bears signed him to be a replacement at Center he should have been used, oh, I don't know, at Center?

It's likely he would have still been in the bottom half of the league, but he would probably have been better.