State of the defense

Wesson44

DT

Melton, Collins, Paea

DE

Peppers, McBride, McClellin, Ozougwu, Whiteside, Wootton

COMMENTS: We have only three tackles on the roster with the loss of Toeaina, so I see us signing or drafting one,or do we resign either Idonije or Okoye and I see both Ozougwu, Whiteside both getting cut at DE and picking up a FA to fill that spot

SLB

Briggs, Franklin, Trahan

MLB

Costanzo, DeCicco

WLB

Williams,Thomas, Wilson

COMMENTS:With the loss of Urlacher, Roach and Hayes we need help here. Picking up Williams was good but is he the replacement for Urlacher or Roach i say Roach, so we need a MLB, I say Franklin,Trahan and Wilson get cut. Is there still a chance we get Urlacher back after he finds the market for him is not there at what he wants? Kiko Alonso or Jon Bostic would be nice here if we go OL in the first

RC

Jennings, Bowman, Frey

LC

Tillman, Lewis, McManis

SS

Wright, Walters, Nelson,Zbikowski

FS

Conte, Hardin, Quarles, Steltz

COMMENTS:We are good here with the back six for now with all four starters back we got Lewis for Moore aneyd might add another CB for Hayden if he does not resign or can either Frey or McManis step up? We might get a CB in the later RDS of the draft not a real need. I see Quarles,Nelson and Walters getting cut along with Frey

DT

Melton, Collins, Paea

DE

Peppers, McBride, McClellin, Ozougwu, Whiteside, Wootton

COMMENTS: We have only three tackles on the roster with the loss of Toeaina, so I see us signing or drafting one,or do we resign either Idonije or Okoye and I see both Ozougwu, Whiteside both getting cut at DE and picking up a FA to fill that spot

SLB

Briggs, Franklin, Trahan

MLB

Costanzo, DeCicco

WLB

Williams,Thomas, Wilson

COMMENTS:With the loss of Urlacher, Roach and Hayes we need help here. Picking up Williams was good but is he the replacement for Urlacher or Roach i say Roach, so we need a MLB, I say Franklin,Trahan and Wilson get cut. Is there still a chance we get Urlacher back after he finds the market for him is not there at what he wants? Kiko Alonso or Jon Bostic would be nice here if we go OL in the first

RC

Jennings, Bowman, Frey

LC

Tillman, Lewis, McManis

SS

Wright, Walters, Nelson,Zbikowski

FS

Conte, Hardin, Quarles, Steltz

COMMENTS:We are good here with the back six for now with all four starters back we got Lewis for Moore aneyd might add another CB for Hayden if he does not resign or can either Frey or McManis step up? We might get a CB in the later RDS of the draft not a real need. I see Quarles,Nelson and Walters getting cut along with Frey

I still think Idonije is still in the mix if he comes back at our price, and still drafts a prospect late in draft. If we dont sign anyone else in FAgency and a BPA scenario exists if we get extra picks, we could be drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd.

I think Brown ends up being a OLB, so I think Minter becomes the best of the MLBs in the draft.

I would take Brown, Minter, Ogletree, Bostic, or Reddick for MLB, or take one of these guys, stick him on the outside while he learns the defense, and plug Williams in the middle for this season.

Arthur Brown?

I'd be down with that, NFL.com has him as the top graded LB in the whole draft. "Some will question his size, but Brown plays much bigger than his frame suggests due to strong hands and a physical attitude on contact." Navarro Bowman, a guy Brown is being compared to (perhaps only because of his size), is 6'0" and he's one of the best MLBs in the league. I've read a Ray Lewis comp as well, Ray is only 6'1".

I'd be down with that, NFL.com has him as the top graded LB in the whole draft. "Some will question his size, but Brown plays much bigger than his frame suggests due to strong hands and a physical attitude on contact." Navarro Bowman, a guy Brown is being compared to (perhaps only because of his size), is 6'0" and he's one of the best MLBs in the league. I've read a Ray Lewis comp as well, Ray is only 6'1".

Actual height is sort of deceiving because some guys have no neck and are 2 inches shorter than the guy next to them but their shoulders are at the same height. So if he has good arm length, it can negate some of the height issues.

Well we just signed Anderson so that makes 2 gained for 3 loss but fro me it has to be either Bostic, Minter or Alonso

For the defense in the draft, it looks like the order of priority would be LB, DT/CB. The draft is really starting to take shape. If we stay with 5 picks, I can see us going OL, WR, LB, DT, CB. If we get some extra picks by trading down, then we can always draft 2x OL or maybe a late round QB.

Best available in Rd 1 now and I don't even mind if that's a CB. Tillman isn't getting any younger.

As long as it is from the pool of: (OL, WR, LB, CB). Those are the only 4 positions I can see using a 1st rounder on. They all could come and immediately fill a need or provide youth/depth.

Guest TerraTor
I think Brown ends up being a OLB, so I think Minter becomes the best of the MLBs in the draft.

id stay far away from Minter. at least at 20. If we trade back for a 3rd, maybe

I didn't want to start a new thread but was curious if these last few moves are indicating a change to the 3-4. Williams and Anderson both have experience in a 3-4. The draft is freeing up, where we can use a couple picks to fill the missing pieces. There is also articles on web that suggest this also released today. The next few weeks will be telling...

I didn't want to start a new thread but was curious if these last few moves are indicating a change to the 3-4. Williams and Anderson both have experience in a 3-4. The draft is freeing up, where we can use a couple picks to fill the missing pieces. There is also articles on web that suggest this also released today. The next few weeks will be telling...

We all know my thoughts on this but I don't see it happening.