What's going on?

Wesson44

So we still need help at the G,C,QB, DT, LB and WR positions

California C/G Brian Schwenke is scheduled to visit the Chicago Bears today .......and the Bears are one of two teams that have shown the most interest in free-agent QB JaMarcus Russell, we just signed defensive tackle Andre Fluellen, defensive end Kyle Moore and center Taylor Boggs. And we are bringing in Brown LB as well.....so this makes for and interesting draft. If we are filling all the spots we need help at then it maybe a playmaker at WR or CB with the first pick we have,,,but with the moves we are making...who knows right?

So we still need help at the G,C,QB, DT, LB and WR positions

California C/G Brian Schwenke is scheduled to visit the Chicago Bears today .......and the Bears are one of two teams that have shown the most interest in free-agent QB JaMarcus Russell, we just signed defensive tackle Andre Fluellen, defensive end Kyle Moore and center Taylor Boggs. And we are bringing in Brown LB as well.....so this makes for and interesting draft. If we are filling all the spots we need help at then it maybe a playmaker at WR or CB with the first pick we have,,,but with the moves we are making...who knows right?

I don't know if I've said this quite this clearly, but, I expect the Bears to trade down and try to wind up with 3 picks in the 2nd round, giving them a shot at a WR/TE, OL, and 2nd round rated defensive player.

I don't know if I've said this quite this clearly, but, I expect the Bears to trade down and try to wind up with 3 picks in the 2nd round, giving them a shot at a WR/TE, OL, and 2nd round rated defensive player.

I would love to see that happen. The talent this year is deep, and the 20 spot (thanks for winning that last meaningless game AGAIN, Lovie) is far enough down that the elite talent has a good chance of being gone.

That scenario is basically a way of saying you hope a trade happens with either the 49ers or the Bengals, the only teams with multiple picks in the 2nd round. The #20 pick is worth 850, and the 49ers' two picks are 852, with the Bengals being a bit more pricey at 900.

If that were to happen, which three players/positions would you like to see? The 2nd round appears to be pretty deep this year.

I would love to see that happen. The talent this year is deep, and the 20 spot (thanks for winning that last meaningless game AGAIN, Lovie) is far enough down that the elite talent has a good chance of being gone.

That scenario is basically a way of saying you hope a trade happens with either the 49ers or the Bengals, the only teams with multiple picks in the 2nd round. The #20 pick is worth 850, and the 49ers' two picks are 852, with the Bengals being a bit more pricey at 900.

If that were to happen, which three players/positions would you like to see? The 2nd round appears to be pretty deep this year.

You mean winning the game that we needed to win for a chance at the playoffs? Ya shame on you Lovie Smith. If we lost that game they would have MAYBE moved up 1 spot, I'm not sure how the tie breaker between us and NYG would have worked.

As for you're question. If we can get San Frans 2 2nd rounders I would love for us to go with Jonathon Banks/Arthur Brown/Jesse Williams...If the Bears don't think highly of Gabe Carimi at OG (I personally think it should be his spot to lose) then I'd go with Warford/Brown/Amerson. That's just going off of the WF mock draft which I suspect is rather unrealistic.

You mean winning the game that we needed to win for a chance at the playoffs? Ya shame on you Lovie Smith. If we lost that game they would have MAYBE moved up 1 spot, I'm not sure how the tie breaker between us and NYG would have worked.

As for you're question. If we can get San Frans 2 2nd rounders I would love for us to go with Jonathon Banks/Arthur Brown/Jesse Williams...If the Bears don't think highly of Gabe Carimi at OG (I personally think it should be his spot to lose) then I'd go with Warford/Brown/Amerson. That's just going off of the WF mock draft which I suspect is rather unrealistic.

I actually think it will be a 2nd, 3rd and 5th for our first round. I dont see 49ers giving away that much to move up 10 spots for a pick. I having been reading different positions and after Millner,Rhoades, I think Banks is the next best CB in the draft.

Forgive me. I got years and situations confused. It's just that Lovie has won a meaningless game at the end of the season and tanked draft position in multiple seasons. I forgot this miserable team was vying for a final playoff spot at the end of the year last year.

I actually think it will be a 2nd, 3rd and 5th for our first round. I dont see 49ers giving away that much to move up 10 spots for a pick. I having been reading different positions and after Millner,Rhoades, I think Banks is the next best CB in the draft.

Just because one team won't give up 2 2nd rounders to move up doesn't mean the bears can't parlay that first rounder into a pair of 2nd rounders if they work through a couple teams.

I'll take a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th too if they don't wanna give us their 2 2nds. The draft is deep enough that the Bears should be able to find some good value at pick # 74 and also get some depth with the added 5th rounder.

Right now Mayock has Banks as the #5 CB in the draft behing the 2 you mentioned, Trufant, and DJ Hayden (Ironic name).

:blink: You would have three 2nd round picks, and your first choices are CB, LB, and 3-4 NT? :shakehead

Be honest, you absolutely hate Cutler and want to see him crippled. First you advocate harder for Webb than his own family, comparing him to Bushrod even though the entire football watching world realized Webb sucked and Bushrod was far superior, but now, in this fictitious scenario, you are given THREE 2nd Round picks and you use them all on defense? Even though three of the weakest positions on the entire team are OG, C, and RT?

I think I finally cracked the case as to your identity. Nice to meet you, Lovie.

:blink: You would have three 2nd round picks, and your first choices are CB, LB, and 3-4 NT? :shakehead

Be honest, you absolutely hate Cutler and want to see him crippled. First you advocate harder for Webb than his own family, comparing him to Bushrod even though the entire football watching world realized Webb sucked and Bushrod was far superior, but now, in this fictitious scenario, you are given THREE 2nd Round picks and you use them all on defense? Even though three of the weakest positions on the entire team are OG, C, and RT?

I think I finally cracked the case as to your identity. Nice to meet you, Lovie.

Notice how I have a 2nd set of picks should the Bears not think highly of your boy Gabe Carimi at RG, a spot that I believe is his for the taking. Expand my little mock draft further and I'd have us taking Schwenke in the 4th setting the line up to be Bushrod-Slausson-Schwenke-Carimi-Webb.

I'm still waiting for your analysis on the Webb/Bushrod vs SF data we talked about weeks ago. Going back and watching the tape, at least from facing one of the best Ds in the NFL, I stand by my claims.

Your quite funny today, you need to be more like this than the negative poster were accustom to . One thing we have always agreed on was the OL upgrade as being the most important.

Just because one team won't give up 2 2nd rounders to move up doesn't mean the bears can't parlay that first rounder into a pair of 2nd rounders if they work through a couple teams.

There is only a few teams with multi picks in the second. Miami, SF and Cinn. Of them the only I see making a trade to move up is SF. They have a ton of picks and will easily not offer 2 2s. Very few will make there roster, and keeping the picks at the upper end of the draft will be paramount.

Don't you like Carimi? If so, then why should they draft a RT?

with all free agency the Bears have done I do not see a OL or LB taken till later on, With the roster set as it is I would lean toward DT or Trade down. We only have 3 DTS on the roster right now and it is a definate need.

Sir are are misinformed....we actually have four DT'S on the roster as in Melton, Paea, Collins and Fluellen

Sir are are misinformed....we actually have four DT'S on the roster as in Melton, Paea, Collins and Fluellen

If you wanna get technical they have 5 with Turk McBride as well(I'm sure there's a guy on the practice squad also). Fluellen and McBride aren't guys I'd hang my hat on though.

like I said 3, other are camp fodder

Maybe and maybe not Collins made the team last year and Fluellen played for the Lions so they might make the roster depending on what we do in the draft and during the rest of the post draft cuts. I will say this.......they signed him for a reason(Fluellen) and it may not be to be just camp fodder as you say

Don't you like Carimi? If so, then why should they draft a RT?

I do like him, but I don't pretend he was good last year. I'm just holding out hope that his injury and unfamiliarity with the right side were the primary reasons he didn't do so well. It's not beyond me that there is a possibility the Bears front office disliked him enough last year to view his position as one in need. I hope they don't give up on him just yet.

Notice how I have a 2nd set of picks should the Bears not think highly of your boy Gabe Carimi at RG, a spot that I believe is his for the taking. Expand my little mock draft further and I'd have us taking Schwenke in the 4th setting the line up to be Bushrod-Slausson-Schwenke-Carimi-Webb.

I'm still waiting for your analysis on the Webb/Bushrod vs SF data we talked about weeks ago. Going back and watching the tape, at least from facing one of the best Ds in the NFL, I stand by my claims.

That's why I said your "first choices" were all defense. Which is simply indefensible.

The Webb/Bushrod thing may take quite some time. I'm not purposely dodging it, but I do most of my posting on this board while at work, and the one thing I can't do very much is stream large amounts of video without being noticed. Time at home to watch video is nearly nonexistent.

That's why I said your "first choices" were all defense. Which is simply indefensible.

The Webb/Bushrod thing may take quite some time. I'm not purposely dodging it, but I do most of my posting on this board while at work, and the one thing I can't do very much is stream large amounts of video without being noticed. Time at home to watch video is nearly nonexistent.

I can care less about the Webb/Bushrod analysis, it's over with so don't worry about it.

Yes, my first choices were all defense because I think they should try to get something out of Gabe and I believe he can be our RG of the future. Drafting a OC in the 4th also sets up Garza to compete at RG and I also have some hope for James Brown as well meaning we'd have a 3 guys fighting for RG (Carimi, Garza, and Brown). Then at RT they can potentially have 3 guys fighting for the position as well (Webb, Scott, and then Carimi again). I'm hoping an intense battle will light a fire under someones ass at each spot to solidify the right side of the line.

I wouldn't be opposed to taking an OL piece for the right side over a DT but I can see a few stud DTs falling to us at the end of the 2nd. The mock I was looking at has Jesse Williams and John Jenkins, who are not just 3-4 DTs IMO, there for the taking and I'd be all over one of them.....Maybe I'm just being biased because Jesse Williams played rugby like I played rugby and I really wanna root for the guy as a Bear.

Yes everyone wants to trade down but in this not-so-talented but deep and balanced draft who wants to trade up? For who? I've read more about the teams that like QBs might as well take them in the 1st round. Are they worth the value of the pick? No but they might not be there when you get to your second round pick?

So trade up from the second and grab your QB. Why? Isn't it better to grab the QB in Rd 1 and then your Oline, WR, or whatever in Rd 2 and 3? Yes there will be trades but I think it's going to be hard to find trading partners and so that will make it more of a buyers (moving up) market.

Fact is things have changed now that their are salary slots for the rookies so the risk/reward of what teams pay a 1st Rd pick isn't as great. Plus, something I didn't know is that teams drafting a QB in Rd 1 (or any player) can keep them with an option for the 5th year. Gives you a little more time for these guys to develop before that next big contract.

Players worth trading up for are the top 3 OTs. Beyond that who or what position? I suspect there will be some trades for QBs in the late first but can't see teams giving up a lot to go get any of these guys. I can see some trades similar to what we did last year trading up just 5 picks to grab Alshon Jeffrey but that doesn't generate an extra early round pick. There might be some interest in some of the early defensive players too. Then again, draft day always has some interesting twists!

For the moment for the first time in years I'm comfortable saying we won't be picking a S in the 3rd Rd.

I can care less about the Webb/Bushrod analysis, it's over with so don't worry about it.

Yes, my first choices were all defense because I think they should try to get something out of Gabe and I believe he can be our RG of the future. Drafting a OC in the 4th also sets up Garza to compete at RG and I also have some hope for James Brown as well meaning we'd have a 3 guys fighting for RG (Carimi, Garza, and Brown). Then at RT they can potentially have 3 guys fighting for the position as well (Webb, Scott, and then Carimi again). I'm hoping an intense battle will light a fire under someones ass at each spot to solidify the right side of the line.

I wouldn't be opposed to taking an OL piece for the right side over a DT but I can see a few stud DTs falling to us at the end of the 2nd. The mock I was looking at has Jesse Williams and John Jenkins, who are not just 3-4 DTs IMO, there for the taking and I'd be all over one of them.....Maybe I'm just being biased because Jesse Williams played rugby like I played rugby and I really wanna root for the guy as a Bear.

It must be the bias then, because the thought of this Bears team trading down, getting three 2nd rounders, and then picking defense for all three picks, is sub-moronic. This team has needed offense for a ridiculously long time, and it clearly needs the most help there. With the supposed problems the defense had, and the player movement, they still managed to be significantly better than the offense. The offense is just not good. In fact, it sucked.

I would have been fine if you said any realistic combination of offense and defense, but for the Bears to do what you initially proposed would be absolutely ridiculous. It would be once again putting Cutler into the hands of a collection of guys (aside from Bushrod) who either suck, are well past their prime, have injury issues, need to learn the intricacies of a new position, or some combination of the above. It's classic Lovie, realizing the bigger needs are on offense, and still focusing the majority of emphasis on defense. I hope the entry of Emery and Trestman marks the end of that philosophy, and the beginning of a new brand of Bears football that actually threatens the opponents' defense instead of hoping to hold on for a 17-14 win.

Yes everyone wants to trade down but in this not-so-talented but deep and balanced draft who wants to trade up? For who? I've read more about the teams that like QBs might as well take them in the 1st round. Are they worth the value of the pick? No but they might not be there when you get to your second round pick?

So trade up from the second and grab your QB. Why? Isn't it better to grab the QB in Rd 1 and then your Oline, WR, or whatever in Rd 2 and 3? Yes there will be trades but I think it's going to be hard to find trading partners and so that will make it more of a buyers (moving up) market.

Fact is things have changed now that their are salary slots for the rookies so the risk/reward of what teams pay a 1st Rd pick isn't as great. Plus, something I didn't know is that teams drafting a QB in Rd 1 (or any player) can keep them with an option for the 5th year. Gives you a little more time for these guys to develop before that next big contract.

Players worth trading up for are the top 3 OTs. Beyond that who or what position? I suspect there will be some trades for QBs in the late first but can't see teams giving up a lot to go get any of these guys. I can see some trades similar to what we did last year trading up just 5 picks to grab Alshon Jeffrey but that doesn't generate an extra early round pick. There might be some interest in some of the early defensive players too. Then again, draft day always has some interesting twists!

For the moment for the first time in years I'm comfortable saying we won't be picking a S in the 3rd Rd.

I think with the value of QBs these days several teams need a QB, and there value isnt there early in the draft but could move up to get ahead of there competition to grab a QB later in the first. Cele, Buff, Jacksonville, and Oakland all have a stake in getting a upgrade at QB. I also think Arizona could grab one even with Palmer there. With the 20th pick there is a chance a player with a greater value could slide and someone with extra picks, Miami, SF, or Balt could want them bad enough to move up.

It must be the bias then, because the thought of this Bears team trading down, getting three 2nd rounders, and then picking defense for all three picks, is sub-moronic. This team has needed offense for a ridiculously long time, and it clearly needs the most help there. With the supposed problems the defense had, and the player movement, they still managed to be significantly better than the offense. The offense is just not good. In fact, it sucked.

I would have been fine if you said any realistic combination of offense and defense, but for the Bears to do what you initially proposed would be absolutely ridiculous. It would be once again putting Cutler into the hands of a collection of guys (aside from Bushrod) who either suck, are well past their prime, have injury issues, need to learn the intricacies of a new position, or some combination of the above. It's classic Lovie, realizing the bigger needs are on offense, and still focusing the majority of emphasis on defense. I hope the entry of Emery and Trestman marks the end of that philosophy, and the beginning of a new brand of Bears football that actually threatens the opponents' defense instead of hoping to hold on for a 17-14 win.

Sub-moronic? lol gtfo. I believe my explanation behind the line is pretty valid. The Bears are gonna threaten defenses with what they have already, I'm sure of it.

Since you're such a know it all who would you want to see us draft with 3 2nd rounders? Seems all you wanna do is sit around and let others throw guys names out there while you sit back and bash.

If you think Carimi is either gonna take the RT spot or won't even see the field then thats fine, that's why I put up 2 sets of picks. I personally see him as our starting RG which is why I threw out that first set of picks. It all depends on how the Bears view Carimi. I would be fine with them going Warford, then Brown (who I believe would be phenomenal value in the 2nd), and the David Amerson with their 3rd pick.