LB Corps the new (not) South Side Hitmen?

adam

chi_a_anderson_williams_b1_576.jpg lance-briggs.jpg tumblr_mcon4gDFHx1r2ct63o1_500.jpg 7002286.jpg

I know there are a lot of if's, but if the 2 vets work out, and the rookies play to their potential, could this possibly be the best group of LB's ever? Just seems like I have never seen a team with 5 LB's that could potentially be starters. I am really excited about this bunch.

Yea, it's hard to beat Singletary, Wilson, Marshall, Harris and Rivera. That group was elite.

Did they ever play LB in the same year? I thought Harris moved to DE in 1986 and didn't play in 1985, which was Rivera's first real year. So they never actually played LB at the same time, only 4 of them.

I am just saying the potential is there with the mix of veterans and youth to have an incredible year.

Did they ever play LB in the same year? I thought Harris moved to DE in 1986 and didn't play in 1985, which was Rivera's first real year. So they never actually played LB at the same time, only 4 of them.

I am just saying the potential is there with the mix of veterans and youth to have an incredible year.

85 was the infamous holdout year of Bell and Harris. They missed the boat in a legendary way on that one. I still count them on the team though.

chi_a_anderson_williams_b1_576.jpg lance-briggs.jpg tumblr_mcon4gDFHx1r2ct63o1_500.jpg 7002286.jpg

I know there are a lot of if's, but if the 2 vets work out, and the rookies play to their potential, could this possibly be the best group of LB's ever? Just seems like I have never seen a team with 5 LB's that could potentially be starters. I am really excited about this bunch.

That is a little bit of a stretch, best ever? they would have to be all pro. Super Bowl LBs easily fit that comment. Could be a better group than we have had since then, but remember two past Pro Bowlers were on the team the last few years.

Why would they be south side anything? They're based in Lake Forest (Northern Suburb) and play downtown which is the middle of everything.

Why does that matter? I was just using a random Chicago nickname. I wasn't saying that was their name, just that they could end up being a really good LB group. Thanks for the geography lesson though.

I hear the powers that be want run a 2-5 defense. May even go 1-6 on some plays with SMC lined up as an LB....The question now is will they ever move to a straight 7 LB defense with Washington standing up as well.

That would really throw off the offense.

Why does that matter? I was just using a random Chicago nickname. I wasn't saying that was their name, just that they could end up being a really good LB group. Thanks for the geography lesson though.

No worries. I guess I've been annoyed by too many south side Sox fans that insist that I declare a preference for a Chicago baseball team.

No worries. I guess I've been annoyed by too many south side Sox fans that insist that I declare a preference for a Chicago baseball team.

Oh no, I could care less what baseball team you root for. I have friends that like the Cubs, Sox, Cardinals, and Brewers, yet we all are Bears fans, that is all that really matters. I was just thinking "Hitmen" since this LB corps really fits that label.

Oh no, I could care less what baseball team you root for. I have friends that like the Cubs, Sox, Cardinals, and Brewers, yet we all are Bears fans, that is all that really matters. I was just thinking "Hitmen" since this LB corps really fits that label.

I hate the Sox being a cubs fan but love that nickname. Would be nice to have a LB core that we constantly worry about injuries and who plays the Sam backer. Seems like good depth for once

I hate the Sox being a cubs fan but love that nickname. Would be nice to have a LB core that we constantly worry about injuries and who plays the Sam backer. Seems like good depth for once

The Midway Mafia? The Hit Squad? The Really Good LB Corps from Chitown?

Yeah, and I like the versatility of the rookies, they can play multiple positions, and all these LB's can hit.

Briggs:

Greene:

Same hit:

Bostic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCEWISyExwk

Same hit:

Williams:

The Midway Mafia? The Hit Squad? The Really Good LB Corps from Chitown?

Yeah, and I like the versatility of the rookies, they can play multiple positions, and all these LB's can hit.

Briggs:

Greene:

Same hit:

Bostic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCEWISyExwk

Same hit:

Williams:

I could totally get into midway mafia or the hit squad Lol. Those were some nasty hits

My one concern with Bostic and Green is they both seem to have a tendency to lead with the helmet, compare that to the clip of Williams leading with the shoulder still rocked his man but less likely to draw some laundry. Don't get me wrong I like the big hits, the intensity, but in todays NFL you have to play smart too, you can still lay a guy out just need to be aware of the fact that if it even looks close to helmet to helmet you'll get a personal foul call. Personally I think the league gets a bit over cautious with this and quick to throw the flag. But it is what it is. That big hit loses it's luster when it cost the team 25 and an automatic 1st especially if you have the team stopped on 3rd down and give them new life.