Url wants to be remembered for his blocking!

madlithuanian

That was indeed one of his most memorable. I still remember playing that video backwards and forwards over and again for my friend, making sound effect noises as Url speeds into frame, passes Hester and takes out his second would-be tackler in one play. So funny.

The other things that come to mind are in his first 2 or 3 years, meeting the ball carrier in the hole and planting him on his ass, then standing just over him with a big grin...really epitomizing the kind of dominance he brought to the field. And any of you ever play Madden/NCAA a couple of years ago where the linebacker could jump up and pick passes even when they were seemingly 15 ft in the air? Url had several in his career that reminded me of that. If I remember correctly, he had a hit on a reciever that jarred a ball loose that Mike Brown returned for a last second game winning TD. It was in one of those games where Brown did it twice back to back.

Oh, and i just thought of all those early career sideline-to-sideline plays where he'd run down some speedy back back before the guy could turn the corner and the back would get up looking all flustered, and the announcers would ooh and ah. That was back when he was freakishly fast and our big uglies kept the blockers off him too, so he could just attack. Good times.

I specifically remember him chasing and bringing down Vick in his prime...

Oh, and i just thought of all those early career sideline-to-sideline plays where he'd run down some speedy back back before the guy could turn the corner and the back would get up looking all flustered, and the announcers would ooh and ah. That was back when he was freakishly fast and our big uglies kept the blockers off him too, so he could just attack. Good times.

I remember the look on Vicks facr afterwards. Dude was scared to scramble against us after that play

That's how I remember it too. I remember thinking, "We own the Falcons as long as Vick is their QB. Thanks Urlacher."