RT competition

bowlingtwig

Guess who is taking all 1st team snaps at RT. What happened to having a true competition at that position like so many were on my case saying there would be. According to brad Biggs its all Webb at that position And Scott is only taking snaps with 2nd trk or when Webb needs a breather. This is not a competition. I hope this staff knows what its doing cuz if webb blows again and gets jay hurt again there's going to be a lot of pissed off ppl for not even allowing someone to at least push Webb. What's wrong with opening things up at a position where no one has earned it.

No surprise. They said he's be the first guy looked at at that slot. Let's see who is there at the first pre-season game... Lots of time still...

Guess who is taking all 1st team snaps at RT. What happened to having a true competition at that position like so many were on my case saying there would be. According to brad Biggs its all Webb at that position And Scott is only taking snaps with 2nd trk or when Webb needs a breather. This is not a competition. I hope this staff knows what its doing cuz if webb blows again and gets jay hurt again there's going to be a lot of pissed off ppl for not even allowing someone to at least push Webb. What's wrong with opening things up at a position where no one has earned it.

No surprise. They said he's be the first guy looked at at that slot. Let's see who is there at the first pre-season game... Lots of time still...

I know its extremely early and all but in 1 on 1 he's getting owned by SMC its just not a good thing. I have no confidence in him like many of us but I at least want to see a competition

Hurray for bringing this up after 1 day of pads...smh.... If Scott looks good playing with the 2nd team then he'll get a shot with the first team, it's that simple. Our DEs go somewhat deep so I venture to believe Scott is going up against some talented pass rushers on the 2nd team.

Also, not that I don't believe you, where did you see that SMC is owning Webb? SMC is a speed rusher, and they're going 1 on 1 ie in space, that's what Webb struggles, it's no surprise he's getting burned. Chances are in the regular season he won't be going 1 on 1 vs a speed rusher though.

Hurray for bringing this up after 1 day of pads...smh.... If Scott looks good playing with the 2nd team then he'll get a shot with the first team, it's that simple. Our DEs go somewhat deep so I venture to believe Scott is going up against some talented pass rushers on the 2nd team.

Also, not that I don't believe you, where did you see that SMC is owning Webb? SMC is a speed rusher, and they're going 1 on 1 ie in space, that's what Webb struggles, it's no surprise he's getting burned. Chances are in the regular season he won't be going 1 on 1 vs a speed rusher though.

If he plays the same way moving forward as he did today, he wont get the chance to be a starter on day 1 of the season. I wish him to succeed but if he fails someone else will take his place. The old regime keep giving him chances and believed in him, but the new guys look at production and he may be there or may not. There will be no more excuses from him or you, he will play well or will sit.

If he plays the same way moving forward as he did today, he wont get the chance to be a starter on day 1 of the season. I wish him to succeed but if he fails someone else will take his place. The old regime keep giving him chances and believed in him, but the new guys look at production and he may be there or may not. There will be no more excuses from him or you, he will play well or will sit.

Can someone link me to the reports on how bad he was? Only thing I've read was the right side of the line still looked iffy. Once again not saying you guys are wrong I'd just like to see the reports.

Maybe I'm missing a good person/site to follow training camp....The usuals I follow didn't mention anything about Webb in particular.

Can someone link me to the reports on how bad he was? Only thing I've read was the right side of the line still looked iffy. Once again not saying you guys are wrong I'd just like to see the reports.

Maybe I'm missing a good person/site to follow training camp....The usuals I follow didn't mention anything about Webb in particular.

It wasnt much. There was basically a tweet from someone saying that SMC went by Webb in 1 on 1 drills a couple of times.

I understand your trepidation. But, I am not worried. The coahes will be putting the best guy out. I think they just want to give him a fair shake first.

I know its extremely early and all but in 1 on 1 he's getting owned by SMC its just not a good thing. I have no confidence in him like many of us but I at least want to see a competition

Thanks twiggy, Jackman is the only guy i wasn't following...saw the Webb tweet....Still very early though. I'd like to see SMC on Webb all camp, he's our best speed rusher and thats what Webb needs to work on.

No way. I want to see Webb go against different guys. Webb hasn't struggled against only speed guys. He's struggled against bull rushers and guys with more than 1 move. He needs go see it all as on the field he won't always get the same matchup every play

No way. I want to see Webb go against different guys. Webb hasn't struggled against only speed guys. He's struggled against bull rushers and guys with more than 1 move. He needs go see it all as on the field he won't always get the same matchup every play

I'm just saying last year against non speed guys he held his own. For example he gave up just 1 sack in 4 games vs Jared Allen and Cliff Avril who are more technique based pass rushers. I'd like to see him get more reps vs SMC than Peppers who I think Webb can handle.

I, for one, said two things on this:

1.) It was too early to get this excited about a "lack of competition".

2.) If Webb wins the job, despite sucking, it's because we don't have a better option.

You never quite came to understand those very clear and logical positions on the matter which you then interpreted as "getting on your case."

If Webb continues to suck and nobody we have or can find out there can step up, god save us. This would certainly put a crimp in what Nerdboy wants to do with this offense.

I, for one, said two things on this:

1.) It was too early to get this excited about a "lack of competition".

2.) If Webb wins the job, despite sucking, it's because we don't have a better option.

You never quite came to understand those very clear and logical positions on the matter which you then interpreted as "getting on your case."

If Webb continues to suck and nobody we have or can find out there can step up, god save us. This would certainly put a crimp in what Nerdboy wants to do with this offense.

1 thing u still haven't come to terms on though is this. If Webb sucks ass but no one is even given a shot to take that spot from him how do we truly know that no one was good enough. I've said many many times that even SCS has understood. If Webb beats someone in a competition yet he still sucks I won't complain cuz he was at least given competition. What's so hard to understand that

Well with Bushrod having his foot in a boot Scott might be getting reps with the first team the next few practices but at LT...This could either put a damper on any kind of RT comp, Scott could be awful, or Scott could show enough at LT to garner a competition.

Also just because Scott wasn't playing with the 1sts doesn't mean he isn't competing. I'm sure if shows enough playing against the 2nds that he'll get a shot to play against some of the 1sts

Early tweets say that he's already been beat by both SMC and Pep.

Well with Bushrod having his foot in a boot Scott might be getting reps with the first team the next few practices but at LT...This could either put a damper on any kind of RT comp, Scott could be awful, or Scott could show enough at LT to garner a competition.

Also just because Scott wasn't playing with the 1sts doesn't mean he isn't competing. I'm sure if shows enough playing against the 2nds that he'll get a shot to play against some of the 1sts

Early tweets say that he's already been beat by both SMC and Pep.

With Scott I wanna see him there with 1s for than just 1 practice. I will say if he's there with 1s for a little while in practice and is getting totally manhandled I'll shut up regarding competition because then it will be clear who the better turd is

1 thing u still haven't come to terms on though is this. If Webb sucks ass but no one is even given a shot to take that spot from him how do we truly know that no one was good enough. I've said many many times that even SCS has understood. If Webb beats someone in a competition yet he still sucks I won't complain cuz he was at least given competition. What's so hard to understand that

We'll know something more on all of this next Friday night at about 8 PM. Until then nobody here knows anything about how these coaches have evaluated the talent they have in the O Line. If we see Webb out there for the entire first half, there isn't a competition and they're trying to "coach him up" because they know (feel) he's all they have. If we see other guys rotating into that position then they aren't satisfied with what they've seen in practice and think they might have better options elsewhere. You can't go by one f*%king tweat on the first weekend of camp. Chicken Little Twig may think the sky is falling but I'm not getting my undies in a bunch until these coaches prove themselves, one way or the other.

With Scott I wanna see him there with 1s for than just 1 practice. I will say if he's there with 1s for a little while in practice and is getting totally manhandled I'll shut up regarding competition because then it will be clear who the better turd is

It's very likely they both suck.

We'll know something more on all of this next Friday night at about 8 PM. Until then nobody here knows anything about how these coaches have evaluated the talent they have in the O Line. If we see Webb out there for the entire first half, there isn't a competition and they're trying to "coach him up" because they know (feel) he's all they have. If we see other guys rotating into that position then they aren't satisfied with what they've seen in practice and think they might have better options elsewhere. You can't go by one f*%king tweat on the first weekend of camp. Chicken Little Twig may think the sky is falling but I'm not getting my undies in a bunch until these coaches prove themselves, one way or the other.

Damn dude chil the crap out. I have said on several occasions in several different threads that its extremely early and also said "if" in regards to biggs's comment. However your the only 1 that hasn't understood that yet

Damn dude chil the crap out. I have said on several occasions in several different threads that its extremely early and also said "if" in regards to biggs's comment. However your the only 1 that hasn't understood that yet

Well, "if" the Bears aren't giving him any competition it'll be obvious to me next Friday night at 8 PM. Until then, try not to panic.