Offensive guru, eh?

CrackerDog

Dude, tell me where I'm wrong! They kept Cutler and the starters out there much longer than planned and they produced SQUAT. As I said, it's one PS game but I saw little on O to get excited about.

Then don't get excited. It was their first time in a real football game since December, and their #1 and #3 WR's didn't play.

BTW, this is the exact offense GB runs. It's dink and dunk and eventually hit a big pass play.

Cutler has to play a completely different way this year. Last year, they talked about how he wasn't a timing QB, always had to see the guy open to hit them. It was more instinctual. He through a much larger percentage of passes to Marshall than any other QB/Receiver pairing. Now, he is expected to use timing plays and work through his progressions. There hasn't been much time to work on it, and it will take some time to adjust to if he can.

The offensive line has a different starter at 5 positions. Once they get a chance to "gel" and if Cutler can adjust, this should be a much different offense.

Dude, tell me where I'm wrong! They kept Cutler and the starters out there much longer than planned and they produced SQUAT. As I said, it's one PS game but I saw little on O to get excited about.

Upon futher review, Webb still sucks, Marshal didn't play , and to early to make stupid comments that you made.

I will say this, all of the rookies have looked really good in Game 1. Long held his own, Bostic with the pick 6 and a couple of nice chasedowns, Greene had a couple of stuffs against the run, Mills opened up a hole during the TD run, Washington flashed his speed on a few plays, and then of course Marquis Wilson's playmaking skills in the passing game showed up today. It was a good day for Emery.

The 4th string offensive line was a disaster.

Really can't jump to conclusions without Marshall on the field. He's obviously a game changer. I liked how quick Jay got rid of the ball, after that pick, which was Alshons fault, he looked pretty good. It looks like they can nickel and dime defenses all day.

Cutler throws a lot of interceptions. I wouldn't be so quick to throw it on alshon. The one year he lead the league in interest, most all were blamed on someone else.simple fact.is someone was there if Alston was or not.

Cutler throws a lot of interceptions. I wouldn't be so quick to throw it on alshon. The one year he lead the league in interest, most all were blamed on someone else.simple fact.is someone was there if Alston was or not.

It was pretty clear that Alshon stopped on that play, had he continued to run he would have been in front of that defender and at the very least the INT wouldn't have happened. He looked to have lead him nicely with that ball.

It was pretty clear that Alshon stopped on that play, had he continued to run he would have been in front of that defender and at the very least the INT wouldn't have happened. He looked to have lead him nicely with that ball.

But he stared down Alshon, and it went straight to a defender. He made it easy on the defense atleast.

I listened to game on radio and the announcers put it on cutler for this very reason. All that said I cant say I was disappointed in the 1st string. If u take away that pick cutler performed pretty good. Was 4 of 5 without that pick. Another thing I liked was the quick slants that just always seemed to work. At least this is what I caught on radio. My wife recorded game so I can watch it when I get home.

But he stared down Alshon, and it went straight to a defender. He made it easy on the defense atleast.

Well let me just say this, at the very least there was a miscommunication from one of the 2. Jeffery stopped when it looked like Jay was trying to lead him, like we saw him do on his other throws. If Alshon was supposed to stop then it was on Jay, if Alshon was supposed to run a straight slant then it was on him.

If he doesn't stop then it's not right at the defender because Alshon would be in front of said defender.

I listened to game on radio and the announcers put it on cutler for this very reason. All that said I cant say I was disappointed in the 1st string. If u take away that pick cutler performed pretty good. Was 4 of 5 without that pick. Another thing I liked was the quick slants that just always seemed to work. At least this is what I caught on radio. My wife recorded game so I can watch it when I get home.

The quick slant is what I thought Jeffery was running on that INT, but Alshon stopped thus making the ball easily intercepted.

Here's the INT

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...-preseason-play

As you can see if Alshon doesn't stop then he would have been in good position to make the catch.

Well let me just say this, at the very least there was a miscommunication from one of the 2. Jeffery stopped when it looked like Jay was trying to lead him, like we saw him do on his other throws. If Alshon was supposed to stop then it was on Jay, if Alshon was supposed to run a straight slant then it was on him.

If he doesn't stop then it's not right at the defender because Alshon would be in front of said defender.

I really wish I had access to a replay. Cutler forces a lot of throws, inaccurate, and no way to know if Alshon was supposed to be there. At best, it should have been broken up by the D, since the guy was in position to make the play and catch. Cutlers actions prior to the throw lead hm there. It's impossible to just push that off one someone else when he has a proven track record.

Great. So nobody else was disappointed with what they saw out there. I stand corrected.

There was things to dislike and a few things to build on, just to early to get pissed about our bad play. I personally think it may be a few games into the season before the offense actually starts to click. New and new doesnt add up to a spectacular right away, we just hope it gets there sooner than later.

Great. So nobody else was disappointed with what they saw out there. I stand corrected.

I haven't seen the game yet but I definitely wanted to see something more consistent in moving the ball. Disappointed yet, panicked no. It's far to early. The flip side of this would be to anoint the AZ Cardinals a playoff team based on how they played against the Packers. Ain't nobody doing that.

Regarding the INT: I expect to see some mistakes in these preseason games with the timing. I personally think the Alshon route was a sight adjustment based on the defense's alignment when the player jumped into the slant route. That's pure speculation on my part. We'll see how they run these routes in the future. I view this as something that is very likely to get corrected as everyone gets more experience in the new offense.

More worrisome to me was the lack of production on 3rd downs, and our still unresolved problem at RT. Don't know how the rest of the Oline played either but I'll key in on them when the NFL Network shows the replay Sun morning. As of now it appears J'Marcus and Martellus are going to be best friends as they may line up next to each other for the rest of the season.

Disappointed yet, panicked no. It's far to early.

Regarding the INT: I expect to see some mistakes in these preseason games with the timing.

More worrisome to me was the lack of production on 3rd downs, and our still unresolved problem at RT.

All well said. If I gave the impression I was panicked then that's my bad. I was very disappointed though. There were things to like out there too but unlike many here I expected a little more polish. New offense, yes. But these guys have been together for a while. Sure, there were missing peices out there and no game plan but dink dunk punt wasn't what I expected. Sure, Peppers wasn't playing so maybe I had no right to expect a pass rush but damn, the guys out there are still pros, no?

On the positive side, Bears4ever34 said it best, Emery had a good night last night. His guys were solid, some impressive.

Still need to hear about our injuries. Those could turn out to be nothing or they could be the big story of the night. Anyone here play long snapper?