Preseason Game 3

CrackerDog

The idea of him turning into something was intriguing because of his size and speed, but ya that sure didnt come to fruition.

Intriquing yes. But like it was said before. Generally there's a reason a player floats around the league and keeps getting cut. Its odd when a player can bounce around and never find a home

Remember when fendi was being so highly talked about. My god this guy has been awful. Drops and penalties every wgere

He's terrible. Bears back-up dlinemen didn't look bad. If I were the Raiders, Pryor would be the starting QB. He made some really nice plays (some bad stuff too but far better then Flynn). Cutler played really really well. Looked very comfortable in the pocket and outside of maybe one or two passes that could have been better he had pretty much a perfect game. Good reads, catchable balls. Unfortunately Marshall, Fendi, and Bennett had a ton of drops.

Forte looked outstanding and the playcalling was good. Oline looked solid as well. It was the Raiders though and it is the preseason. I hope the lack of penalties on the o-line and offense (or at least the starters) holds up throughout the course of the season!

I'd like to see more of the Trestman offense, as far as formations go. I also would like to see Cutler get through a game without one of his trademark, "What the hell were you thinking?" turnovers.

There wasn't anything close to that with Cutler today. A ball almost got picked but that was because Marshall dropped it (and everything else thrown his way). Alshon looked fantastic!

There wasn't anything close to that with Cutler today. A ball almost got picked but that was because Marshall dropped it (and everything else thrown his way). Alshon looked fantastic!

I was pleasantly surprised with how well Cutler managed the offense last night. He looked fantastic. His footwork has gotten better from the looks of it. I haven't seen one ball thrown off his back foot yet, which is a good sign. Still obviously has a long way to go because now I need to see the consistency. We know Jay is capable of looking like an All-Pro one game, and then looking like shit for the next 2. It's on both Trestman and Cutler to coach that part of his game out of him.

One other side note that I really enjoyed from last night's game, and that was the effect this zone blocking scheme has had on Matt Forte, just as I have said it would for years now. He's the perfect RB for a ZBS because of his running style. He's been a beast so far. Let's hope it translates to the regular season now. I like what I'm seeing.

I was pleasantly surprised with how well Cutler managed the offense last night. He looked fantastic. His footwork has gotten better from the looks of it. I haven't seen one ball thrown off his back foot yet, which is a good sign. Still obviously has a long way to go because now I need to see the consistency. We know Jay is capable of looking like an All-Pro one game, and then looking like shit for the next 2. It's on both Trestman and Cutler to coach that part of his game out of him.

One other side note that I really enjoyed from last night's game, and that was the effect this zone blocking scheme has had on Matt Forte, just as I have said it would for years now. He's the perfect RB for a ZBS because of his running style. He's been a beast so far. Let's hope it translates to the regular season now. I like what I'm seeing.

Yeah I would love to see forte carry that 9+ ypc into regular season. This offense would be sick Lol. I obviously listened to game last night and the raiders announcers said cutler threw off back foot on 1 play last night. But even that's true your point is still right on. In the past when he has 21 attempts we would typically see 3 or 4 times of him doing that. And I can't recall any throws like that of 1st 2 games so either way its a major improvement. He seems more comfortable stepping up into pocket since long and mills took over. Coincidence? Maybe but I love what I see so far. When I get home tonight I'll watch game. I heard Webb looked bad again but I wanna see it before I go saying anything. Wouldn't want jwebbnation hunting me down Lol

Yeah I would love to see forte carry that 9+ ypc into regular season. This offense would be sick Lol. I obviously listened to game last night and the raiders announcers said cutler threw off back foot on 1 play last night. But even that's true your point is still right on. In the past when he has 21 attempts we would typically see 3 or 4 times of him doing that. And I can't recall any throws like that of 1st 2 games so either way its a major improvement. He seems more comfortable stepping up into pocket since long and mills took over. Coincidence? Maybe but I love what I see so far. When I get home tonight I'll watch game. I heard Webb looked bad again but I wanna see it before I go saying anything. Wouldn't want jwebbnation hunting me down Lol

I know you won't believe me but the announcers said Webb looked good yesterday....I've jumped ship to JMills nation now though, he's looked fantastic in the run game. Hard to tell how he's looked in the pass game though because Jay has been getting the ball out so quick that he hasn't had to hold his block that long.

Webb was called for 2 penalties last night if I'm not mistaken. That kind of stuff can't happen if he's looking to stick on this roster.

Mill's experience playing on a college team that was very pass-happy and uptempo is proving to be helpful right now. He's been able to hold his own in both run and pass in 2 starts during the pre-season. I still think we're going to see both Long and Mills struggle early on in the season once teams start throwing the kitchen sink at them, but we shall see. At least we know that the Bears have a competent offensive line coach who knows what he's doing now, compared to years previous.

I know you won't believe me but the announcers said Webb looked good yesterday....I've jumped ship to JMills nation now though, he's looked fantastic in the run game. Hard to tell how he's looked in the pass game though because Jay has been getting the ball out so quick that he hasn't had to hold his block that long.

He played well? He had 2 penalties in 2 quarters. :shakehead

lol now that I'm firmly behind JMills I don't have to say this but... Bushrod has had 6 every year for the past 3 years. In 2010 Webb had 6, and last year he had 7. If the stats true it was the 13 he had in 2011 that really inflated those #s.

I suspect Bushrod was part of an offense that ran a lot more plays than any of 3-and-out offenses the Bears have run the last few seasons.

I suspect Bushrod was part of an offense that ran a lot more plays than any of 3-and-out offenses the Bears have run the last few seasons.

Surpisingly, they only ran 70 more plays than the Bears last year. They had 1600 more yards of offense in the plays ran tho lol.

Just a guess here but shouldn't an oline be together. No one sticking out trying to gather attention for themselves. Maybe this is why Webb has sucked. Dude was a loner. Always trying to get attention for himself calling his fans jwebb nation. What other oline guy does this. In my opinion dude was a loner and a pushover who doesn't really care about the sucessess or failures.

Just a guess here but shouldn't an oline be together. No one sticking out trying to gather attention for themselves. Maybe this is why Webb has sucked. Dude was a loner. Always trying to get attention for himself calling his fans jwebb nation. What other oline guy does this. In my opinion dude was a loner and a pushover who doesn't really care about the sucessess or failures.

I think Webb was pretty successful. I don't think he is good, or even that he should make the team. However, he was a 7th round pick that outlasted and started more games than 2 1st round picks combined during his time. (I'm just guessing on the combined.)

Out of all of the turds the Bears have had the past few years on the line, he was a floater and rose above the rest. I'm just glad that the line seems to be out of the bowl and improving.