WR group??/

Wesson44

With the latest rounds of cuts we have a WR group of Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Toliver, Wilson, Anderson....and Weems/Hester as extras The bold players are 6'3 and above so this will give us a few mismatches on the outside and in the red zone. So do you consider this group a strength or weakness

With the latest rounds of cuts we have a WR group of Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Toliver, Wilson, Anderson....and Weems/Hester as extras The bold players are 6'3 and above so this will give us a few mismatches on the outside and in the red zone. So do you consider this group a strength or weakness

Can't imagine how it would be considered a weakness.

If they can get Marshall's target rate to about 25 percent from 41, I think the rest of the corps will thrive and become a strength. If Jay is locked on like last year, I see little chance of progress. With this offense, Forte should have 100 balls thrown his way and that will help.

This. Having Forte as a factor will be a BIG help in the overall pass game.

I know the Marshall hip omen could be all hype, but something about it is unsettling. That may be a bigger issue in the long run.....

But I will agree having a large targets (as a whole) will help the WR corps. Regardless of experience. The blend of experience with Marshall and yes Alshon will help the younger group. I'd give this group a B- grade going into the 1st game.

One of these is not like the others:

19 Anderson, Joe WR 6-1 196 24 1 Texas Southern

80 Bennett, Earl WR 6-0 206 26 6 Vanderbilt

17 Jeffery, Alshon WR 6-3 216 23 2 South Carolina

15 Marshall, Brandon WR 6-4 230 29 8 Central Florida

81 Toliver, Terrence WR 6-5 204 25 1 LSU

14 Weems, Eric WR 5-9 195 28 7 Bethune-Cookman

10 Wilson, Marquess WR 6'3 194 20 R Washington State

I also have to ask who is Terrence Toliver? Of course I've already dug up some info on him but for him to be sitting on the roster at this point is a surprise to me. I can't even recall seeing him in a preseason game so now I have to go back and watch for him. IMO this is another indication that Earl Bennett's time with the team is done or nearly done as he might squeak onto the final roster. Knowing what Emery has done with other players regarding pay cuts it is hard to believe he hasn't approached Bennett with the same request.

I also have to ask who is Terrence Toliver? Of course I've already dug up some info on him but for him to be sitting on the roster at this point is a surprise to me. I can't even recall seeing him in a preseason game so now I have to go back and watch for him. IMO this is another indication that Earl Bennett's time with the team is done or nearly done as he might squeak onto the final roster. Knowing what Emery has done with other players regarding pay cuts it is hard to believe he hasn't approached Bennett with the same request.

To liver has seen time with us the past couple yrs during camp. He did at least show up this preseason with pass catching and I think I saw him a couple times making solid blocks down field

To liver has seen time with us the past couple yrs during camp. He did at least show up this preseason with pass catching and I think I saw him a couple times making solid blocks down field

Thanks, I don't even remember his name at all for the practice squad. I'm losing it in my old age. One way or another the Bears are trying to protect him, either for the practice squad by releasing him as late as possible or for the final roster. Maybe it's more of a way to give him confidence to sign with us for the practice squad. If he knows he's really close to making our final roster and he knows Earl Bennett could be near the end of his time so perhaps he might get a shot sometime this season, or be in line for a spot next year.

Thanks, I don't even remember his name at all for the practice squad. I'm losing it in my old age. One way or another the Bears are trying to protect him, either for the practice squad by releasing him as late as possible or for the final roster. Maybe it's more of a way to give him confidence to sign with us for the practice squad. If he knows he's really close to making our final roster and he knows Earl Bennett could be near the end of his time so perhaps he might get a shot sometime this season, or be in line for a spot next year.

I'm thinking he will be given a shot if/when Bennett is healthy. When earl becomes healthy we can release him with no damage as his salary is only gtd for injuries

I'm thinking he will be given a shot if/when Bennett is healthy. When earl becomes healthy we can release him with no damage as his salary is only gtd for injuri

Sure Bennett is a good steady player that Jay depends on....but IMHO I would not let him go now........with the way our roster is I would get rid of Weems. He really has no purpose now with Hester full time as a returner and with Ford making the roster and looking good as well. But with Anderson,Wilson and Toliver...Bennett maybe close to not being around much longer.

Sure Bennett is a good steady player that Jay depends on....but IMHO I would not let him go now........with the way our roster is I would get rid of Weems. He really has no purpose now with Hester full time as a returner and with Ford making the roster and looking good as well. But with Anderson,Wilson and Toliver...Bennett maybe close to not being around much longer.

Agreed

Toliver had a pretty good game against the Browns, 6 catches for 49 yards. He looked good.

Couldn't agree more about weeks. I'm shocked

Bad move I think

Yes it was......I would rather have a 6'5 target for my QB rather than a 5'9 one any day,Ford to me could take Weems spot as a returner all day.Another thing Ford is cheaper to keep on the team rather than Weems with his salary of like what 2-3 mil