Just a few footnotes

Stinger226

Before the games start to roll, I would just like to say, I really like what Emery is doing. He looks like he had a really good draft this year with 10 rookies finding spots on the team. Last years draft is still a big question mark, but with Lovie still around I suspect he influenced the draft quite a bit. If we get more contribute out of the ones left from that draft, it will be considered an decent draft.He is remaking the roster, and not afraid to get rid of people he drafted if they dont cut it. With DeAngelo, he would just hang on to them because he kept trying to prove there valve. He didnt jack with a defense although being old, is still productive, with adding some new blood. Trestman is a breath of fresh air compared to the way lovie did things. I guarantee no more delay of game penalties,wasted timeouts and bad decisions all around. I dont know how successful this team will be going forward but it sure has me enthusiastic with the prospects of us becoming a very good team. We're all here because of the beloved Bears and I think our future looks bright, there will be some bumps along the way, but lets remain positive and keep the soothsayers at bay. We have a lot of smart people on this site, and it is one of my favorite places to visit. Along the way everybody, but maybe Mad, says something stupid and then them heated debates get started. We are all opinionated and thats what makes this site interesting. If it was rose gardens and Barbie dolls, I wouldnt be here. Alot of things I say is meant to be humorous (doesnt always succeed at that) and will get misconstrued,most is not said with malicious, but I have been a jerk a few times on here. For that I apologize. It is just human nature that when name calling starts you say something stupid. I have jumped in on hot topics without lining my facts and said somethimh that has looked dumb, but willing to admit that. I have had heated debates with many on here, but when they have made a good post,I have given them a pat on the back. I will never condemn the board because most dont agree with me, I like it here, and if I tell you this is my last post, you wont see me again. Let the games start.

I'm not 100% sold on Emery quite yet. He talks a great game, and I mean that with respect. He really sounds like he has a clue.

But, his draft last year is up in the year while this one seems like it could be a franchise changing draft, at least right now.

-McClellin is shakey.

-Jeffery looks decent.

-Hardin stunk.

-Rodriguez was awful and was cut by 2 teams already.

-Frey looks OK.

-McCoy was cut in August last year.

Although, I do like what has done in FA. I was skeptical of the Bushrod move, not because I thought he stunk but because I thought Brees made him into what he is, but so far Bushrod has shown a bunch of talent. The Slauson move has gone under the radar as well.

Also, I like how he's making no promises to no players and they all have to play their absolute best to get paid. It's a good problem to have. If Wootton, Cutler, Conte, Wright, Jennings, Slauson, and Melton are all studs this year, then that probably means you win a bunch of games and have a shot to win a ring.

In the very least, this team will be HE AND TRESTMAN'S team next year. They will obviously have players left over from the Angelo/Lovie era, but a lot of them will be FA's that are brought back, meaning they liked them enough to be THEIR guys.

I share the enthusiasm for the new regime and how they are conducting business; they seem to have had a very good draft and made some good decisions. I think we have a lot to look forward to this year!

I also agree that there are many good posters on the board, sometimes we all say silly things but overall the quality of input is excellent with excellent and thoughtful insight into football and the Bears! I learn alot from all here constantly.

I think we all could be a bit more delicate in how we put things, and think before we post at times. It has helped me to limit my posts after I have been drinking a bit of good beer, as I tend to be more verbose at those times and have looked back at some of those posts later and thought "on no!" Haha, I love a good beer on the weekends.

I cannot wait for the season to get started to see how we do. I feel that our offence could be hugely improved and our defence might even be better than last year! Roll on 2013!

Since I have been watching this team Emery is the most experienced guy they have hired at this position since Jim Finks. Both Hatley and Angelo were glorified scouts. This guy came in with a plan as to how he wants to approach things and didn't give a bunch of BS rhetoric like JA and Hatley wanted nothing to do with a coaching hire while it seemed Emery basked in it. Trestman comes with a pretty nice resume but I still wonder if he is a little late in the game but so is Ariens in AZ. I'm cautiously optomistic.

Before the games start to roll, I would just like to say, I really like what Emery is doing. He looks like he had a really good draft this year with 10 rookies finding spots on the team. Last years draft is still a big question mark, but with Lovie still around I suspect he influenced the draft quite a bit. If we get more contribute out of the ones left from that draft, it will be considered an decent draft.He is remaking the roster, and not afraid to get rid of people he drafted if they dont cut it. With DeAngelo, he would just hang on to them because he kept trying to prove there valve. He didnt jack with a defense although being old, is still productive, with adding some new blood. Trestman is a breath of fresh air compared to the way lovie did things. I guarantee no more delay of game penalties,wasted timeouts and bad decisions all around. I dont know how successful this team will be going forward but it sure has me enthusiastic with the prospects of us becoming a very good team. We're all here because of the beloved Bears and I think our future looks bright, there will be some bumps along the way, but lets remain positive and keep the soothsayers at bay. We have a lot of smart people on this site, and it is one of my favorite places to visit. Along the way everybody, but maybe Mad, says something stupid and then them heated debates get started. We are all opinionated and thats what makes this site interesting. If it was rose gardens and Barbie dolls, I wouldnt be here. Alot of things I say is meant to be humorous (doesnt always succeed at that) and will get misconstrued,most is not said with malicious, but I have been a jerk a few times on here. For that I apologize. It is just human nature that when name calling starts you say something stupid. I have jumped in on hot topics without lining my facts and said somethimh that has looked dumb, but willing to admit that. I have had heated debates with many on here, but when they have made a good post,I have given them a pat on the back. I will never condemn the board because most dont agree with me, I like it here, and if I tell you this is my last post, you wont see me again. Let the games start.

Wall of text crits you for 999999!

Lol, for future reference please divide this into paragraphs. It makes it a little easier to read for us with bad eyes. Thanks dude!

Im a plumber not a english teacher, I dont really care about the form, its readable can be understood.

Not to nitpick, but he has a point. I couldn't make it through the whole thing. For me to read it, I would have had to copy and paste it into Word and make the breaks myself. If you want people to read your posts, you might just try putting in a few breaks to make it easier on the eyes.

Since I have been watching this team Emery is the most experienced guy they have hired at this position since Jim Finks. Both Hatley and Angelo were glorified scouts. This guy came in with a plan as to how he wants to approach things and didn't give a bunch of BS rhetoric like JA and Hatley wanted nothing to do with a coaching hire while it seemed Emery basked in it. Trestman comes with a pretty nice resume but I still wonder if he is a little late in the game but so is Ariens in AZ. I'm cautiously optomistic.

One counterpoint - I'm pretty sure when Angelo started, he wanted to fire Jauron after his first year. Then they up and went 13-3 and had Ed McCaskey saying on National TV that Jauron would be extended even before the regular season ended. Angelo didn't have the option to hire anyone until Lovie.

Not to nitpick, but he has a point. I couldn't make it through the whole thing. For me to read it, I would have had to copy and paste it into Word and make the breaks myself. If you want people to read your posts, you might just try putting in a few breaks to make it easier on the eyes.

I agree. I gave up trying to read it all

Great post!

And believe you me, I've said my fair share of dumb things!

:dabears