Bears get a big win for Trestman

balta1701-A

Despite my sniping, there were some good things coming out of this game

1) 4 new offensive lineman playing together for the first time for keeps, I thought they performed well, should only get better. I really like the two rookies.

2) Defense only allowed about 100 yards in the second half, 80 of it on the first drive; tightened up, but the front four really was not consistent

3) Trestman seemed calm, cool, and collected.

4) The ball started to get spread around in the second half.

5) Cutler bounced back from the stupid pick, with some help from the defense, the team did not pay the price. I liked that he shoved Mills back out of the scrum with Ray M.

6) The Bengals may be a good team but not very disciplined. Blowing time outs because players can't get off the field. I thought they were a veteran team.

Overall, pleased but wanting for more. I am hoping the offense can use this as a springboard. The defense got one under the belt without Urlacher, I hope for improvement there.

Game winner thread. That was a huge win for the Bears. Big 11 point comeback. Big performance in the 2nd half. That was a really good team the Bears stood up and went blow for blow with.

Absolutely huge. Loved the play calling. Given the defensive line the Bengals have, liked how we mixed things up and really came on strong in the 2nd half. Oline had a couple holds but as a whole played very well.

This team has improved a lot, even if it didn't look great out there.

Bennett came up big on a few plays that the team was missing last year.

The line not only kept from given up a sack, but they actually made holes in the running game when needed and didn't get pushed backwards on short yardage. There were so many little things I loved about the offense this game.

The Corners were lined up like 20 yards back like last year. Tucker called a blitz on third down near the end of the game instead of trying to just not give up a big play.

So many little things i love about this game. I see big things for the Bears this year, but it's one tough schedule.