Great article on Trestman

Connorbear

Fnatastic article and really inspiring video.

Thank you for sharing that!

I'm glad you mentioned the video. I'm so used to skipping past and just reading articles.

I was really surprised something so well written was on yahoo.

Trestman was the coach I wanted to see hired. The more I read and see about him, the more I like the guy. I've tried to be unbiased and wait to see what happens on the field, but the guy is making it hard to. He seems like a great guy and coach.

Agreed!

I'm glad you mentioned the video. I'm so used to skipping past and just reading articles.

Trestman was the coach I wanted to see hired. The more I read and see about him, the more I like the guy. I've tried to be unbiased and wait to see what happens on the field, but the guy is making it hard to. He seems like a great guy and coach.

I stayed completely out of the hiring debate because I wanted to be free to be unbiased. If I picked a horse I'd feel the need to defend him. Just how I am.

With that said, I have to admit, I like what I see thus far. A few L's in a row will change things a little. :)

No, seriously, I think they hired the right guy.

I absolutely second your comment about such an article coming out of Yahoo. You could have taken the byline away and I could have made 10 guesses before I would pick Yahoo.

My recollection of Trestman was from his days as the "hot" assistant with the 49er's. If I recall correctly there was some talk back then of him being tossed around as a potential head coach. That all died out as did my attempt to follow his career. This article does a great job of detailing the journey this man took to really make that introspective analysis to remake himself as a human being, forget the football coach. His difficulties obviously would have transcended his career choices. Great, great tale of someone who really got it and came out the other side all the much better.

I can't help but root for him.

I absolutely second your comment about such an article coming out of Yahoo. You could have taken the byline away and I could have made 10 guesses before I would pick Yahoo.

My recollection of Trestman was from his days as the "hot" assistant with the 49er's. If I recall correctly there was some talk back then of him being tossed around as a potential head coach. That all died out as did my attempt to follow his career. This article does a great job of detailing the journey this man took to really make that introspective analysis to remake himself as a human being, forget the football coach. His difficulties obviously would have transcended his career choices. Great, great tale of someone who really got it and came out the other side all the much better.

I can't help but root for him.

Well said...