Bears @ Steelers, 9/22/13

balta1701-A

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll obviously take the W but 459 yards to the Steelers who were averaging 240 is a bit alarming. AJ Green and Antonio Brown have torched the Bears for 350 yards this year. I hope Peanuts struggles are just due to injuries and not father time...If he's back I'd like to see him moved to safety to get him around the ball more and to get him off speed guys.

3 games, 3 sacks allowed, 3 defensive tds, 3 wins

Hasen't always been pretty but at the end of the day we won, GB lost, and Minny Lost, and we have a chance to hand Detroit a loss next week. It's a work in progress but when you can get wins while you are working out the kinks that's just frosting on the cake. Perhaps Green Bay's deal with the Devil has run out. I know GB fans are starting to question Rodger's play in clutch situations against good teams. How funny would it be that the Great Rodger's becomes shaky when the game is on the line and our own Jay Cutler becomes Mr. Clutch. That TD drive when things got tight was clutch, starting off with the first down run where Jay decleats the DB take that people who think jay is a wuss. In the first 3 games there are things to build on, things to improve, and we're winning as we mature as a team.

I like the standings

3-0 Bears

2-1 Lions

1-2 Packers

0-3 Vikings

I'll obviously take the W but 459 yards to the Steelers who were averaging 240 is a bit alarming. AJ Green and Antonio Brown have torched the Bears for 350 yards this year. I hope Peanuts struggles are just due to injuries and not father time...If he's back I'd like to see him moved to safety to get him around the ball more and to get him off speed guys.

You know what? The yardage here doesn't bother me quite as much as it did in the previous games.

The Bears had a big lead early. That meant the Steelers were going to be throwing the ball up in the air, taking high-risk chances to try to have a successful big play and get back into the game.

Meanwhile, the Bears were in the perfect situation to "Bend but not break", the more high-risk plays the steelers attempted the more likely something was going to go wrong for them.

That's the ideal situation for a team to pile up yards and an ideal situation for the defense to pull off a couple big turnovers, which is exactly what happened.