Bears @ Steelers, 9/22/13

balta1701-A

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I lose my Bear fan membership if I feel a loss is in the air? By three?

No, you are just moved to the "watched" list :)

I won't be suprised by a loss, but I just don't see this Steeler team being able to do it. Their offensive line if suffering, this should be a game where our D-Line makes some headway.

Their defense will be the strawbreaker, if LeBeau and his 3-4 mixes it up, they might be able to keep the Steelers in the game. It will be interesting to see how Long & Mills respond to that front on the road.

I just don't see their offense producing enough to win the game.

Bears win this one 27-13. Shouldn't even be that close.

And to get this thread started properly (and because I won't be posting in it during the game) I have the following things to say...

FIRE TRESTMAN! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT GAWD DAMN CALL!!! (After a running play is called on 3rd and 2.)

CUTLER SUCKS. I WONDER IF WE CAN STILL TRADE FOR GROSSMAN? (After Cutler calls a timeout.)

HOLY SHIT, I'VE NEVER BEEN THIS EMBARRASSED TO BE A BEARS FAN. (After the Steelers hit a 49 yard field goal.)

NICE! I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO SPREAD THE BALL AROUND TODAY! (After Marshal's first catch.)

BEARS WIN!!!! I LOVE THIS F*CKING TEAM!!! (After the Bears win 27-13.)

Pittsburgh has looked awful the first 2 weeks, at least offensively anyway, so I'd be highly disappointed if the Bears lose this one.

They still got a good secondary, and it's the OLs first challenge vs a 3-4 so it'll be interesting to see how Jay and the line handle that.

I'm predicting a 23-10 Bears W.

And to get this thread started properly (and because I won't be posting in it during the game) I have the following things to say...

FIRE TRESTMAN! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT GAWD DAMN CALL!!! (After a running play is called on 3rd and 2.)

CUTLER SUCKS. I WONDER IF WE CAN STILL TRADE FOR GROSSMAN? (After Cutler calls a timeout.)

HOLY SHIT, I'VE NEVER BEEN THIS EMBARRASSED TO BE A BEARS FAN. (After the Steelers hit a 49 yard field goal.)

NICE! I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO SPREAD THE BALL AROUND TODAY! (After Marshal's first catch.)

Holy Shit - that's mucho funny, thanks for making me spit out my water and make it look like I pissed my pants. I need to stay behind my desk now until they dry!!

I'm undecided on this game. My heart says Bears win by 10, my head says they lose a close one.

I think it all comes down to whether or not the defensive line shows up for the Bears, and if Jay Cutler can limit his turnover tendencies vs an aggressive Steeler's defense that was originally designed to stop West coast offenses. So far, Cutler has proven to be resilient in the 4th quarter. We may need him to come up big again on the road against a desperate team who pretty much have to win this game if they want any shot at making the playoffs.

You may want to check in as this game is in the early evening I'll have a chance at libations. I have a feeling I'll come back to vent and say most of what you wrote below. There is a possibility that a few of my buds that are Steelers fans (yes we have those here too) will be around so I'll be especially lit.

You may want to check in as this game is in the early evening I'll have a chance at libations. I have a feeling I'll come back to vent and say most of what you wrote below. There is a possibility that a few of my buds that are Steelers fans (yes we have those here too) will be around so I'll be especially lit.

I would like it to be different but we will get more of the same with late game heroics again. The STE are not very good but wounded animals find away to fight back. They are going to make this tough but I still think we will win. Im the forever optimist.

Hahahaha totally.

I'm a little more concerned about the game Pittsburgh is going to give us tho. 0-2 teams are dangerous.

I say Bears win against a struggling Steelers, 28-17......we can't afford to lose a game like this, regardless of the Steelers desperation.

GO BEARS!

It's week 3 on the road against a desperate team. The Bears can afford to lose this game. Of course, if they lose the next 3 after, this post will sound dumb. THAT is what they can't afford to do.

It's week 3 on the road against a desperate team. The Bears can afford to lose this game. Of course, if they lose the next 3 after, this post will sound dumb. THAT is what they can't afford to do.

My thinking is that if we cannot win a game like this, against an obviously struggling team, we are going to find it hard to make it into the playoffs and win some of the other tough games we have coming up.....I will be discouraged if we lose this one.

My thinking is that if we cannot win a game like this, against an obviously struggling team, we are going to find it hard to make it into the playoffs and win some of the other tough games we have coming up.....I will be discouraged if we lose this one.

Of course we can win this game, it just absolutely will not be easy. I think the key to the game will be turnovers. If we have the plus side of it, we will win, if not a potential lose. We need to score early and keep Pitt on its heels, be balanced and keep the long scoring plays from happening. If we make them go with long drives to score and limit them to FGs, we win this game. Thank God they cant run, will help a lot.

Of course we can win this game, it just absolutely will not be easy. I think the key to the game will be turnovers. If we have the plus side of it, we will win, if not a potential lose. We need to score early and keep Pitt on its heels, be balanced and keep the long scoring plays from happening. If we make them go with long drives to score and limit them to FGs, we win this game. Thank God they cant run, will help a lot.

Agreed, definitely a winnable game, and if we are really going to make a run this year it is the kind of game we need to be winning.....we have many tough games coming and every win is important.

The monsters of the midway defense needs to be out in full force tonight. Get to the quarterback, and don't allow them to get any type of run game going. Should be a recipe for success. Offensively, I'd like to see them sustain some drives and win the battle of field position game early. If you keep Cutler comfortable early in the game, that should bode well for the rest of the game.