James Anderson

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

I just wanted to point out how good this guy has been. He has done everything from big hits, open field tackles, etc. He is a hybrid of Colvin/Hillenmeyer... can do the grunt work and also make the big play. Id really like to see more of Bostic and Greene, cuz they are the long term. However, DJ and Anderson have done well.

I loved on the pick6 when he plowed Cotchery, ha...

I'd say mediocre at best. I feel the team swapped out Roach for Anderson...so far. I even picked Anderson early on to be the 'standout' on the team and so far hasn't done it. Just to give a comparsion so far this season: Anderson 19 tack 0 sacks, DJ Williams 10 tack 2 sacks, Briggs 24 tack 1 sack and Nick Roach 17 tack 0 sacks. So you see, it was a virtual swap out.

And to put into perspective, Urlacher had 14 tackles after three games last year.

I'd say mediocre at best. I feel the team swapped out Roach for Anderson...so far. I even picked Anderson early on to be the 'standout' on the team and so far hasn't done it. Just to give a comparsion so far this season: Anderson 19 tack 0 sacks, DJ Williams 10 tack 2 sacks, Briggs 24 tack 1 sack and Nick Roach 17 tack 0 sacks. So you see, it was a virtual swap out.

And to put into perspective, Urlacher had 14 tackles after three games last year.

Roach is playing MLB in Oakland.

Anderson has looked good to me.

Roach is playing MLB in Oakland.

Right, but Anderson is playing in the spot that Roach used to occupy. And although you might counter with the stats are not the same due to the positions they play, an arguement could be made that Roach should be making more tackles in the MLB spot.

Anderson has looked good to me.

But so did Webb....so..... <_>

Right, but Anderson is playing in the spot that Roach used to occupy. And although you might counter with the stats are not the same due to the positions they play, an arguement could be made that Roach should be making more tackles in the MLB spot.

But so did Webb....so..... <_>

I'm just saying you can't really compare the 2. Oaklands D has also beed on the field a lot more than the Bears D I'd say.

I liked Roach, I was making an argument early in the offseason about resigning him and putting him at MLB but so far I'd say Anderson has been an upgrade IMO.

I'm not gonna touch that last lil comment of yours...Congrats on being the first one to bring it up tho. <_>

Video here.

Ok so let me play 'Devil's advocate'. Looking at the video I see missed blocking assignments more than Anderson doing something "spectacular". In fact if there is credit to be given, its not on one player or another but more a team effort. Hell, Thayer even acknowledges that McClellin did as good a job as Anderson at distracting the blockers to open the lane.

The Guard that double teamed (and could have missed his assignment) in both cases is Ramon Foster. Not a lot of history on the guy other than he is the oldest member of the Oline and was an undrafted free agent from Tennessee back in '09. So the discussion could be moreso Pittsburgh's overall inability than any one player's ability on the Bears, especially Anderson.

I'm not gonna touch that last lil comment of yours...Congrats on being the first one to bring it up tho. <_>

Wasn't this exchange from yesterday?

QUOTE (CrackerDog @ Sep 24 2013, 02:35 PM)

Getting rid of your cousin has really paid off!

YOU >> lol even with me out there at RT the sack totals wouldn't be that high with Jay getting the ball out as quick as he has.

I think Anderson is quite a bit better in pass coverage than Roach ever was. I wish I had data to back that up but then again it's only 3 games. Nonetheless I say that Anderson has a better knack for getting into the right position to defend passes. OTOH Anderson only has 3 games of experience in our system (versus Roach's years) so there is reason to think he'll only get better as he is more comfortable with his assignments. He has out-played DJ Williams so far but I hope that trend is changing based on what I saw in the Steelers game.