Bears @ Lions, 9/29/13

balta1701-A

I think the biggest thing I take away from this game is that Melton being gone is gonna be a huge loss for this team. He didn't really show up when he played but he's still a presence and not having that presence up the middle will have teams pounding the rock all day.

Brian brought up trading for a DT this year and after watching that game I think it's a must if they wanna be true contenders.

Melton has always been underrated as a run defender. However, Reggie Bush probably gashes us whether he was playing or not. If there's anything I'm noticing differently from the defense of last year and this year is gap integrity. The tackling has also been noticeably worse.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Score not indicative of how badly they were beat. The two biggest reasons why they lost were Cutler's turnovers and the defenses inability to contain Reggie Bush. Reminded me of when Javid Best did the same thing a few years ago. You have to make the Lions one dimensional, and they didn't. Thankfully this only counts as one loss, but with New Orleans coming up next week, things could start to get testy for this team as they move forward.

I don't really care about anything other then the pick Cutler through late in the 2nd quarter. The first pick was a great play by Delmas. Tip your cap and move on. The late picks were picks when he was trying to bring the team back. In fact, I applaud him for never giving up and continuing to try and leading the Bears on 2 TD drives. In years past it would have just gotten uglier.

Defense played bad and our oline after 4 games is bad. Bright side is Peppers looks back. Downside is, despite what some yahoo's think, the loss of Melton is huge and our interior D is very weak and Shea is looking more and more like a bust. More importantly, our special teams is atrocious. Consistently struggling and I'm ready to fire our ST coach (oh and Hester is gone at the end of the year).

I have faith that the offense will get better and better and I think Trest is the right guy and that Cutler is the right QB (I wasn't sure in the off-season but I'm buying on them). I also think we might have a few more losses here early before we get things headed in the right direction but this team will make the playoffs!

I think the biggest thing I take away from this game is that Melton being gone is gonna be a huge loss for this team. He didn't really show up when he played but he's still a presence and not having that presence up the middle will have teams pounding the rock all day.

Brian brought up trading for a DT this year and after watching that game I think it's a must if they wanna be true contenders.

They need a DT badly. And Melton was recovering from a concussion and getting double teamed. He is a premiere DT and a perfect fit for our system and just a huge loss. I hope he gets healthy and the Bears can sign him back to a fair deal a year from now.