Bears @ Lions, 9/29/13

balta1701-A

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The breaks have not gone our way today, and we are paying for it. The offense looks like the same offense as last year, except we aren't giving up as many sacks or killing ourselves with pre-snap penalties. I don't care that we've scored 3 times on defense this year, they are noticeably a worse defense all together.

I don't know if it is a good thing there is another half to play, but there is still time to get back into this game if we can strike early.

what sucks is we were up 10-9 and moments later we're down 30-10.... I still don't think that Johnson TD was a TD he only got one foot down and they never questioned it.... The long kick off return there was block in the back not called. But this hole we're in is on Jay, cannot be that careless with the ball. We've given the Lions a huge momentum boost. Pass rush is still non existent, we know this offense will feature Bush and Johnson and we've yet to come close to containing bush. 3 and out to start the second half not good....

If they don't score here, I'd consider throwing the white flag. Get everybody out of this disaster, healthy.

I'd love to be wrong but I think this one's over.

One thing of note on some of these throws... Jay had room to run for yardage but tries to gather and throw...

I do believe we are better than this but we can't get any breaks today.

I'd love to be wrong but I think this one's over.

One thing of note on some of these throws... Jay had room to run for yardage but tries to gather and throw...

I do believe we are better than this but we can't get any breaks today.

Yeah, its over. Hopefully they take some positives out of this one. But the third down conversions were unbelievable.

Score not indicative of how badly they were beat. The two biggest reasons why they lost were Cutler's turnovers and the defenses inability to contain Reggie Bush. Reminded me of when Javid Best did the same thing a few years ago. You have to make the Lions one dimensional, and they didn't. Thankfully this only counts as one loss, but with New Orleans coming up next week, things could start to get testy for this team as they move forward.

I walked away from this for bit to calm down.

This one got away from us quickly in the second quarter.

The team didn't quit though, valiant effort trying to come back in the 4th quarter but 24 points to make up in 1 quarter is a tall order. We lost this game in the 2nd Quarter the lions got 27 points in that quarter and a mere 13 points in the other 3. That second quarter put us way behind the eight ball in a hurry. It changed what we did on offense, and I think that drew out the old Jay forcing the ball trying to push it downfield to get points back quickly. That lead to digging the hole deeper. In the second half we outscored them 19-10 and it looked like Jay got it back under control (his play) but the damage was done. And we didn't do enough in the second half to have a chance to win. Even if you recover that onside kick you have to score again and get a conversion just to tie it. This loss is primarily on him, and I'm sure he knows it. At the start of the second half I felt there should have been more of a sense of urgency. Too little too late. This is one game, albeit a big loss as we lose the division lead via tie breaker. And have a tough game coming up next week against the Saints. At the end of the day we are still 3-1. We are still a work in progress. We need to put this one behind us and focus on NO. This was a blown opportunity to take a virtual 2 game lead in the division. Still no pass rush, we were getting held a lot though, but we cannot allow QB's to continue to just sit there all day in the pocket.

I walked away from this for bit to calm down.

This one got away from us quickly in the second quarter.

The team didn't quit though, valiant effort trying to come back in the 4th quarter but 24 points to make up in 1 quarter is a tall order. We lost this game in the 2nd Quarter the lions got 27 points in that quarter and a mere 13 points in the other 3. That second quarter put us way behind the eight ball in a hurry. It changed what we did on offense, and I think that drew out the old Jay forcing the ball trying to push it downfield to get points back quickly. That lead to digging the hole deeper. In the second half we outscored them 19-10 and it looked like Jay got it back under control (his play) but the damage was done. And we didn't do enough in the second half to have a chance to win. Even if you recover that onside kick you have to score again and get a conversion just to tie it. This loss is primarily on him, and I'm sure he knows it. At the start of the second half I felt there should have been more of a sense of urgency. Too little too late. This is one game, albeit a big loss as we lose the division lead via tie breaker. And have a tough game coming up next week against the Saints. At the end of the day we are still 3-1. We are still a work in progress. We need to put this one behind us and focus on NO. This was a blown opportunity to take a virtual 2 game lead in the division. Still no pass rush, we were getting held a lot though, but we cannot allow QB's to continue to just sit there all day in the pocket.

we so

We are getting jobbed by teams in the second quarter. And no pass rush is really hurting. Its time we had things sorted out if we want to move up to the next level. And things do get tougher from here on out.

This was an odd game, everything seemed off. Cutler was forcing balls and holding the ball too long. That fumble-6 was basically the difference in the game. I thought the D didn't play very well, but the Lions were only 2-11 on 3rd Downs and we only lost the Turnover battle 3-4. That long Punt Return really hurt as well. Special Teams looks like crap. Watching the O-Line, I thought for the most part they played solid vs a top D-Line and gave Cutler enough time, but for some reason the ball was not coming out fast enough. Our D-Line had a few highlights, but not enough pressure.

I thought we would be 3-1 at Game 4, but Reggie Bush was having his way with the Defense, pitiful tackling.....

Crazy to think we only allowed 3 Offensive pts all 2nd half and still lost by 8, what a brutal 2nd quarter.

I think the biggest thing I take away from this game is that Melton being gone is gonna be a huge loss for this team. He didn't really show up when he played but he's still a presence and not having that presence up the middle will have teams pounding the rock all day.

Brian brought up trading for a DT this year and after watching that game I think it's a must if they wanna be true contenders.