Lions @ Bears, 11/10/13

balta1701-A

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was wide open and he over threw the ball. That should be automatic.

And Marshall slowed up, he led him perfectly IMO

watch the replay, Marshall took a few stutter steps in the middle of his route...I'm not sure if that was by design, but if he runs through it that ball is caught.

Most frustrating loss of the season. No reason to have lost that game had McCown been in earlier.

Brutal loss, season is basically over, especially if we keep running Cutler out there. It is pretty clear that he will not be back. Injured or not McCown is more effective in this offense. Not really debatable anymore.

Brutal loss, season is basically over, especially if we keep running Cutler out there. It is pretty clear that he will not be back. Injured or not McCown is more effective in this offense. Not really debatable anymore.

Sure it is. Jay looked just as good in the first drive as Josh did in the final drive. Healthy Josh will obviously be better though.

I wouldn't call the season over just yet. Carolina has a pretty rough schedule down the stretch. I think it depends on how long Rodgers will be out.

Sure it is. Jay looked just as good in the first drive as Josh did in the final drive. Healthy Josh will obviously be better though.

I wouldn't call the season over just yet. Carolina has a pretty rough schedule down the stretch. I think it depends on how long Rodgers will be out.

I'll respectfully disagree with you on the first line. However, I totally agree with you on the second paragraph. The Bears are very much in the Wild Card chase now. I do think they most likely just lost the division this week. They are very much alive.

If there is one positive to take away from this game, the defense looked the best they have this year. They really stepped their game up against a very potent offense.

I'll respectfully disagree with you on the first line. However, I totally agree with you on the second paragraph. The Bears are very much in the Wild Card chase now. I do think they most likely just lost the division this week. They are very much alive.

If there is one positive to take away from this game, the defense looked the best they have this year. They really stepped their game up against a very potent offense.

3 of 4 for 61 yards and a TD on the opening drive.

3 of 4 for 61 yards and a TD on the opening drive.

Yes, I'm not saying Cutler looked bad on that drive. Cutler basically through to Marshall 3 times and they scored a touch down. That's great.

However, McCown showed mobility and going through his progressions in his drive.

That's why I said I respectfully disagree. There was more to be shown in McCown's drive than had to be shown in Cutler's. It's not that I think Cutler looked bad in his drive.

Yes, I'm not saying Cutler looked bad on that drive. Cutler basically through to Marshall 3 times and they scored a touch down. That's great.

However, McCown showed mobility and going through his progressions in his drive.

That's why I said I respectfully disagree. There was more to be shown in McCown's drive than had to be shown in Cutler's. It's not that I think Cutler looked bad in his drive.

Thanks for employing logic in your reasoning. :shakehead So Jay was too efficient in his opening drive. Ah Gotcha.

He didn't force any of the passes to Marshall so I don't think you can knock him for taking what they gave him. Same can be said about mobility, he didn't need to move, he was poised in the pocket.

He didn't force any of the passes to Marshall so I don't think you can knock him for taking what they gave him. Same can be said about mobility, he didn't need to move, he was poised in the pocket.

Like I said I am not faulting him for that. It was a nice drive. It's just to me, McCown had to show more, and therefore looked better in his drive. It's completely my opinion, and therefore I will respectfully disagree.

For me, I see it as Alabama scoring on Ohio University vs. Alabama scoring on The Ohio State Buckeyes. I can understand your opinion tho.

Looking objectively the Lions have the easier run in but if they continue with their dumb plays the likelihood would be the 2 wins against us won't come into play as long as Green Bay keep struggling. In hindsight we gave up an easily winnable game wear Forte should have not been stopped easily by the diving tackles of the Lions DB's and Marshall drops some catchable balls.

I thought the defense played better apart from the linebackers not staying in their gaps and running to fast to the ball and being exposed to the cut back.

Some hard decisions this week by Trestman but we can win the division if Green Bay keeps losing while Rodgers is out.

Jay also got most, if not all the 1st team reps, and that entire 1st drive was more than likely scripted. What did he do the rest of the game? Led the team to 2x FG drives (and one of those we actually lost 5 yards), and threw an INT in the endzone that cost the team at least 3 pts. We lost by 2.

It is clear that a McCown-like QB is just better suited for the Trestman system. McCown continues to come in under less than desirable conditions and has excelled. If McCown came in after half, we win by 10 easily. Cutler was clearly hurting and was completely ineffective after that first drive. I applaud him for his effort and grit but that can only get you so far. I would rather save the cap space, let Cutler walk, re-sign McCown, draft a QB early, and allow him to learn the system.

When is a sample size large enough? McCown has now faced 3 different opponents, and had similar results.