Packers/Lions game

scs787

Was thinking about this earlier in the week and it was just brought up on Waddle and Silvy.

Who would you rather win tomorrows game?

You'd think the obvious answer is that you want the Packers to win because it'd mean a Bears W means they're in first place.

But, a Lions victory all but knocks the Packers, who will be getting Rodgers back in a week(maybe), out of the playoffs.

Really not sure which way I'd wanna go here.

Either scenario is good and bad. So, I'm actually hoping for a tie and a boat ton of injuries!

I have a moderate lean for the Packers becasue it puts us in control of our own destiny. But KO-ing those bastards would be great.

Here's a piece of odd logic my Bears buddy mentioned...

He'd rather see GB in the playoffs than the Lions. GB is already known to be great. But the thought of the Lions actually being better and getting a bowl before us is just not tolerable. I'm not sure I agree or disagree with thim...

Was thinking about this earlier in the week and it was just brought up on Waddle and Silvy.

Who would you rather win tomorrows game?

You'd think the obvious answer is that you want the Packers to win because it'd mean a Bears W means they're in first place.

But, a Lions victory all but knocks the Packers, who will be getting Rodgers back in a week(maybe), out of the playoffs.

Really not sure which way I'd wanna go here.

DET has to finish 9-7 for us to even have a shot at the Division, so I would rather have them lose and need to win their last 4 to be 10-6. We need DET to lose 2 out of their last 5 and finish at 9-7.

GB has to win their last 5 (including DET game) to just finish at 10-5-1. However, even if they beat DET and lose any one of their last 4, they finish at 9-6-1. So the odds of them winning their last 4, with 2 away is less likely than DET losing 2 in their last 4 (if DET wins).

So I would rather see a GB win on Turkey day, and allow us to have a chance to win the Division at 10-6. If we can beat MIN, we can still lose 1 of our final 4 and still win the Division as long as DET and GB both lose one other game. It would be awesome for us to put the nail in the coffin in Week 17 and knock GB out.

GB

vs ATL

@ DAL

vs PIT

@ CHI

DET

@ PHI

vs BAL

vs NYG

@ MIN

Yeah, as much as I hate to not root for a Packers loss, the way Adam explains it makes me think it's best if the Lions lose. It comes down to us having beat the Pack, yet lost twice to the Lions...on top of the Lions having a better record than GB.

Cutler should be back then and is 1-7 vs the Packers. I'd rather put my money on the Lions losing more than one gmae.

Cutler should be back then and is 1-7 vs the Packers. I'd rather put my money on the Lions losing more than one gmae.

Keep in mind, we still play the Packers. It's in our hands to give them one loss. The Lions losing twice is totally out of our hands.

Probably, every NFC North team will have an unimpressive record this year, and whoever is the least unimpressive makes the playoffs.

With DET set to win, now we need them to lose 2 of their next 4 and we have to win 4 out of 5. GB is basically eliminated and can't do any better than 9-6-1 after this loss. Worst NFC WC is projected to be 10-6 and our Division looks like 10-6 or better will win it.

That game was a three hour orgasm. I don't care if the Packers are playing the Devil's selected squad with Hitler as the QB; I want the Packers to lose.

Ha, I was going to say my mind wanted the Packers to win but my heart wanted the Lions. But you said it better.

And it didn't matter anyway, as it turned out. We lost yet another game we should've won. I guess some would say we won a few games early in the season we maybe didn't deserve, but I still feel like this team let a 7-5 or even 8-4 record slide down the drain because of poor decisions and untimely mistakes.

• 4 weeks later...