With the 14th pick?????

Wesson44

So we signed Cutler,Gould,Jennings and Slauson and will sign more shortly....as for needs who do we get with the first pick? I think it will or should be a FS or SS. All our secondary are FA ( Waters, Tillman, Wright, Steltz, Bowman, Hayden) and Conte is just not cutting it

So we signed Cutler,Gould,Jennings and Slauson and will sign more shortly....as for needs who do we get with the first pick? I think it will or should be a FS or SS. All our secondary are FA ( Waters, Tillman, Wright, Steltz, Bowman, Hayden) and Conte is just not cutting it

Bears were 15th against the pass and dead last against the run. Gimme Louis Nix.

Wouldn't mind Darqueze Denard if the Bears let Tillman walk.

I've change my mind on HaHa.

I think if we resign Ratliff, we can consider Mosely at LB also. Im still high on Nix though

I'd actually love to play Ratliff next to Nix. Both buys are huge but can also disrupt the pocket. Should be a cheap DT tandem that would leave money to sign a Jarius Byrd and/or Micheal Bennett.

How so? Don't have to change up the scheme with those 2 guys in the middle. Really if you wanna use the 3T and NT labels I really think both guys can be utilized in both positions.

I would think if we stay in the same scheme they go with Jernigan from FSU. He would fit the 3T better IMO. Not saying Nix couldn't though, he's just more massive.

Right now, I'm all for Quintin Dix or whatever his name is from Alabama. Nix wouldn't be bad either, but I've heard he has attitude and work ethic issues.

Ive had heard about the work ethic issues, mainly due to his weight. I have never heard anything about him having an attitude problem. Ive read a lot about him and would be surprised if that was true.

One lesson we should take from Emery's first 2 drafts...in both cases, he has taken an unexpected, fast-rising, possible overdraft in the first round.

And that scares the shit out of me. He never goes with the guy you think he should. Luckily Long has turned out to be okay, but McClellin was a waste at DE and could find himself out of the league after next year if a transition to LB doesn't work out.

Anyone know if Byrd and Dix play the same position at safety? I'd love to have them both if possible. One in free agency, and the other with the 14th pick.

They're both free safeties.

I agree with Mongo, fixing the 3rd level doesn't really help the 1st level, but the 1st level might help the 3rd level...got it??? (intentionally confusing)