2013-2014 Playoff Open Thread

adam

I thought we could use a thread to discuss the current games, if anyone is watching.

The Indy game was crazy, Luck got some luck when Brown fumbled in the Red Zone and the ball bounced off a players helmet right to Luck who dove into the endzone.

Glad to see Philly lose, but their offensive performance against the Saints really showed how bad our defense was. Brees throws 2 INTs and wins. McCoy longest run was 11 yards.

GO SF!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we could use a thread to discuss the current games, if anyone is watching.

The Indy game was crazy, Luck got some luck when Brown fumbled in the Red Zone and the ball bounced off a players helmet right to Luck who dove into the endzone.

Glad to see Philly lose, but their offensive performance against the Saints really showed how bad our defense was. Brees throws 2 INTs and wins. McCoy longest run was 11 yards.

GO SF!!!!

Absolutely loved yesterday's games. Ton of action all over the field. I was happy to see Indy and NO win. You are right, NO gave us a reminder of just how piss poor our defense is. I'm hoping SF can overcome the cold weather and send the puckers home for good.

Absolutely loved yesterday's games. Ton of action all over the field. I was happy to see Indy and NO win. You are right, NO gave us a reminder of just how piss poor our defense is. I'm hoping SF can overcome the cold weather and send the puckers home for good.

It's not like all the GB players like sub zero temps though, so in the end I think the weather is a wash and may actually give SF an edge since they are the better running team and defense.

The only thing that sucks is that we shouldve been playing at home today.

I remember a certain SF team coming into Chicago many years ago during "Bear" weather and the beloved lost the game. So, yes you are right, not everyone digs the cold weather. All I want is a SF victory, well that and Aaron Rodgers suffering another injury to that shoulder :) JK

Marvin Lewis is going to be looking for a job tomorrow. He's another DC candidate, though I think he might pull a Lovie and wait a year. He's been a HC for 11 years. He'll get another opportunity at some point.

I'd still rather have Wade Phillips or Ray Horton anyways.

Btw, Andy Dalton is bloody awful. Lord have mercy..

I remember a certain SF team coming into Chicago many years ago during "Bear" weather and the beloved lost the game. So, yes you are right, not everyone digs the cold weather. All I want is a SF victory, well that and Aaron Rodgers suffering another injury to that shoulder :) JK

So far so good, SF up at half. I would rather see them pull away blow them out in the 2nd half.

Marvin Lewis is going to be looking for a job tomorrow. He's another DC candidate, though I think he might pull a Lovie and wait a year. He's been a HC for 11 years. He'll get another opportunity at some point.

I'd still rather have Wade Phillips or Ray Horton anyways.

Btw, Andy Dalton is bloody awful. Lord have mercy..

Dalton makes you appreciate having Cutler as our QB.

A very satisfying Packers loss tonight. That has to be the worst way to lose, at home, with 0:00 on the clock and nothing you can do about it. The kick looked like it was almost blocked but the GB player seemed like he was way offsides.

A very satisfying Packers loss tonight. That has to be the worst way to lose, at home, with 0:00 on the clock and nothing you can do about it. The kick looked like it was almost blocked but the GB player seemed like he was way offsides.

Nothing better than watching the cheese dicks going down in flames. I will say Eddie Lacy is one tough dude, but he is going to have a 3 year career the way he runs.

So now the gnomes of Green Bay hibernate with their sisters until the spring!

Seattle looks really overrated, barely beat NO at home, and they got all the calls. They hold no call, NO WR's push off OPI. If it wasn't for the NO kicker woes again, that game would've been even closer. Seattle has a great Defense, and Bennett was dominant. He will look great in the Windy City next year.

I suspect it is going to come down to SF at SEA and NE at DEN. Both are great games. I don't know if CAR can hang with a hobbled Steve Smith. Cam will eventually implode.

NE is rolling like usual, and I can't see Denver losing twice at home in the same season with Peyton at QB.

Go San Diego or Denver! I hate both these NFC teams. I don't think SF is as good as they appear to be because Kaepernick isn't as good as he was last year. Seattle will probably roll over them again, and then it will be interesting to see what they do on a neutral field, away from the noise. Still can't count out Tom Brady though, but I'm thinking the winner of this Den/SD game is winning the Superbowl.

Given the 2 things I was hoping for failed (Saints win so I could win Vegas money, and Panthers win for Chico...), I truly do not care one bit who wins.

My preference is a team that's never won it. So, that would only be Seattle...

But on a scale of 1-10 on how much I care, it registers maybe a 0.000000001

Our enemies are ousted. I can rest easy regardless who wins. I just would like enjoy good games. Seems like the teams that should be there are there...big boy ball now.

Manning did the Pats D dirty. 8.9 yards per play was the 3rd most by any team this season. Bears worst game against Philly they gave up 8.2 yards per play.....But injuries don't matter when you have Bill Belichek right? =p (semi sarcastic)

I think if we landed DE Bennett, that would be a good signing.

Seattle made it easy to root for the Broncos in the Super Bowl. Sherman and Thomas are D-bags of the first degree.

OMG yeah, not a humble one in the bunch. Hopefully Sherman busts his knee like Bowman in the SB.

On another note, that had to be one of the worst officiating playoff games I can remember. So many non-calls or wrong calls on Seattle. When Bowman got hurt, he was on the ground for at least 1-2 seconds before some Seattle player dives at him and rips the ball out of his hands. Then the running into the punter call, that was a clear hit and should've been roughing. That was at least a 10 pt swing and was the difference in the game.

OMG yeah, not a humble one in the bunch. Hopefully Sherman busts his knee like Bowman in the SB.

On another note, that had to be one of the worst officiating playoff games I can remember. So many non-calls or wrong calls on Seattle. When Bowman got hurt, he was on the ground for at least 1-2 seconds before some Seattle player dives at him and rips the ball out of his hands. Then the running into the punter call, that was a clear hit and should've been roughing. That was at least a 10 pt swing and was the difference in the game.

I have to admit the older I get the less tolerant I get for the extra curricular activity. I try to tell myself that today's athlete is different; but damn act like a professional once in awhile. Plus I have never liked Pete Carroll, always felt like he was a snake oil salesman.

I have to admit the older I get the less tolerant I get for the extra curricular activity. I try to tell myself that today's athlete is different; but damn act like a professional once in awhile. Plus I have never liked Pete Carroll, always felt like he was a snake oil salesman.

It's today's society as a whole. The ignorance level in the world, or perhaps just the US, is ridiculous. Chivalry is dead.....And I'm saying that as a 26 year old young pup compared to some of you guys lol.

Richard Shermon is just an odd person. He tends to give very awkward interviews when he's upset, i.e Skip Bayless/First Take debacle last year.. He's a hell of a player, but I don't like him. I was rooting for the Broncos anyways, but now I hope Peyton shreds them for like 7 touchdowns and 500 yards while Demaryius Thomas catches 2 TD's against Sherman himself. That would make me a very happy camper.

It's today's society as a whole. The ignorance level in the world, or perhaps just the US, is ridiculous. Chivalry is dead.....And I'm saying that as a 26 year old young pup compared to some of you guys lol.

Speak up sonny, can't hear you !! :)

What I find amazing is that this behavior has worked its way all the way down through the ranks. My kids are in high school so I watch their teams play. You see teams down by 21 points, late in games, where their ass has absolutely been handed to them and guys get a meaningless first down. The receiver jumps up and dances, signaling 1st down. I fear at times the lessons that are supposed to be coming out of team sports are being lost.

Back to the NFL, I'm with Bears4, I'd love to see Manning light that secondary up like a roman candle. I'd love to watch Thomas and Sherman self destruct. Please Seahawks, implode on the game's grandest stage!