Lovie signs ex-Bears

AZ54

For the most part, that's fair. I like neither how the team nor Urlacher went at it, but I put the onus on the team. Bargaining happens the way you laid things out. One high, one low. If the team had budged just a bit, we would have gotten to see Urlacher play one/two more season(s), and everything would have been well. I know Connor hard-balled at that time and ended up being accurate, but would it have really killed the Bears to budge or at least tell him that was all they could offer? That's what upset Urlacher. I think it would have been better, and I said so at the time, for the Bears to say, "Sure, Brian, how about 1 year for $2.5M?" I don't know how much his presence would have impacted the team last year, but it would definitely have been positive.

BTW, you and I both know it's conjecture to say how many games he would have played. The previous three seasons he played 12, 16, and 16 games, respectively. And all accounts were that he was healthy during the '12 season, and his stats were actually getting better as the season progressed. This has been noted many times before on this board. Hamstring injuries are just fluky like that; one never knows when they'll happen. Other than the 2009 wrist thing that none of us believed would last the entire season, Urlacher was on the field every Sunday. Period. I think that's why it's very likely he would have been on the field for most of the games in 2013 if he had been signed.

Actually the biggest problem was his knee injury, and your right no one can be accurate with number of games played, but with such a lousy line in front of him, I suspect he would have missed more games due to his abuse by lineman reaching him.