Sigh.. Garza signs 1 year extension

Bears4Ever_34

#1- Garza has been terrible for 5 years, and is not a starting center at this stage of his career anymore. This extensions makes no sense..

#2- Why is this Bears front office making moves for next season already. This tells me that Emery is coming back. If he was going to be fired, you'd think he wouldn't be allowed to make such a move..

This is so depressing..

#1- I have no idea why. Garza is awful and needs to retire

#2- Why is this Bears front office making moves for next season already. This tells me that Emery is coming back. If he was going to be fired, you'd think he wouldn't be allowed to make such a move..

This is so depressing..

#2 is what came to mind.

I will be shocked if Emery is not fired.

Ted Phillips had to sign off on it...... So who knows what is going on

In pass protection, at least on paper (sack totals), he's been really good the last 2 years. Windy city gridiron does a sackwatch each week and they pegged Roberto with .25 (kinda odd) last year and just 1 this year.

My only worry is that father time is undefeated and he's getting up there in age.

It's just 1.5 million dollars as well so if we do get some new guys in here having him around for so little isn't a bad thing.

Getting Slaus back, moving Bushrod to RT, and finding a LT (With Kromer gone maybe we no longer run the inside out stuff so maybe Long is that guyin which case another guard is needed) are far bigger concerns.

#1- Garza has been terrible for 5 years, and is not a starting center at this stage of his career anymore. This extensions makes no sense..

This is so depressing..

1. I expected to see De la Puenta to get this type of deal

2. The draft is not very strong for Center. The top two are categorized as zone blocking scheme fits and would do better moving in space. Later round picks Brandon Vitabile or Nick Martin might be an option, but wouldn't be expected to be NFL ready. Cameron Erving played C, but may get drafted to play OT. So they are insuring they have an option and might also re-sign DLP.

This is so depressing..

UNLESS... it is a move for garza to retire a bear this offseason. if NOT...

it's just the same old stupidity for another decade.

if emery is coming back it adds to the list of just WHY he should have been fired in the first place and why this organization is geared to fail. why in the HELL would you make personnel moves BEFORE you hire a new coach??? it certainly isn't like 31 other teams are going to knock down garza's door to sign him in the day after our last game.

welcome to the mccaskey merry-go-round of a poorly run franchise.

disgusting!!

If it's a cash deal with no or little bonus I don't care. We could always cut him. At this point it's insurance for what someone said is not a strong a draft for OC. IIRC with his years in the league there is a significant cap hit reduction so the 1.5mil is not what the cap hit is. That'll show up next week on some sites.

Let him compete for the job don't hand it to him like we did with Briggs this past season. I have no issues with competition. Now bring in some competition.

If it's a cash deal with no or little bonus I don't care. We could always cut him. At this point it's insurance for what someone said is not a strong a draft for OC. IIRC with his years in the league there is a significant cap hit reduction so the 1.5mil is not what the cap hit is. That'll show up next week on some sites.

Let him compete for the job don't hand it to him like we did with Briggs this past season. I have no issues with competition. Now bring in some competition.

Agreed, and he brings good leadership the teams needs right now, plus he can play guard if there's an injury. I just hope they really make it a competition for his spot.

Agreed, and he brings good leadership the teams needs right now, plus he can play guard if there's an injury. I just hope they really make it a competition for his spot.

his leadership this year doesnt appear to have an effect on a lousy team. He needs to be gone, De La Puente is in place to take over, 5 years younger and already signed for next year.