Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Today

  2. Roush has had his rookie mistakes, but I still believe in his future for us.
  3. I really only watch the Bears games, and dont follow the rest of the league that closely. Does anyone know how much gas Mack has left in the tank?
  4. In mostly inconsequential news, Bears signed WR Scotty Miller back to the Practice Squad as well as DB Elijah Jones formerly of the AZ PS. https://nfltraderumors.co/bears-make-three-practice-squad-moves/
  5. I’m not giving up the best running game in the NFL for a 35 year old DE. I believe Ben when he says he wants the scoring record. I believe the organization just wants the defense to be good enough to win behind that offense. This was clear after the draft and I don’t see it changing in the middle of what so far has been historical offensive production with 3 QBs.
  6. I can’t repeat it enough how happy I am Al Harris stayed with the Bears.
  7. As luck would have it, the Chargers are in dire need of a starting TE. Who could the Bears be interested in on the Chargers roster? Allegedly Adam Schefter speculated that Khalil Mack could be trade bait for the Chargers. He also listed a few other players to include Josh Sweat. Could Mack return to help Chicago one more time? I’d be hugely down with that. https://sports.yahoo.com/articles/bears-chase-khalil-mack-deal-130732925.html
  8. Something that concerns me, is that Odunze and Burden will be up for contract the same year. I think Kmet will be a foregone conclusion. As PHX spoke about last year, he may be a huge trade candidate this year.
  9. This game needs to be won 34-17 or better. I demand it.
  10. Definitely looks sticky to me. What I like best watching this film is how our DBs, including the rookie, know their assignment coming out of all the stacked formations and they don't trip over each other. It won't always be that way as better teams will run better interference fits but 4 wks in Malik is looking good especially for having learned and started at two positions.
  11. You can see what a difference he makes in run defense. Plus he's sticky in man coverage. I still think he was supposed to stay over the top on the one deep TD the Jets got. Still just 4 weeks in and he is the leading tackler on our defense and has been the leading tackler in every game.
  12. AZ54 replied to adam's topic in Bearstalk
    Here ya go...
  13. That's not good but we also have issues as we're negative in cap space next year. Detroit has just 29 players rostered and $62mil in cap space. That's not even an average of $3mil per player for the 24 spots they need to fill so their depth is going to take a hit. We'll need to sign 11 players with -$1mil in cap space. That's how we all know Jaylon Johnson is not going to be here next year, including Jaylon himself. There will have to be other cuts or perhaps extensions (i.e. Sweat, Kmet) if it can be worked out cost effectively. After seeing how we drafted (offense, offense, offense) you know Ben is going to want to keep Kmet around.
  14. Yesterday

  15. Bears are a top 10 team, Packers are a bottom 10 team. Packers are closer to the Jets than they are to either the Eagles or Panthers. The Bears can't lose this game. Most simulations are saying Bears 24-17 at the worst. Others say 27-13 or 14.
  16. Only 3 undefeated teams left, KC, SF, and MIN. MIN is a paper tiger. KC has two 3pt wins. SF is the most legit team so far. Bears should be right there with them.
  17. Funny thing is, I'm not going to fault him for any of those three. The TD was not easy. Sure, he had it in his hands, but got broken up before he could secure it to his body. I'm not sure what important data would say on success, but I would guess 60/40 in favor of TD. On the punt, I call that an effort related brain fart. The field goal thing was widely scrutinized. People analyzed the play and said Cole didn't move either, leading them to text slower. On that outside position, they can't see the ball or their fellow linemen. The most important thing I see is his early involvement in 13 personnel. BJ is trusting him to make key blocks and he is succeeding. Our TE's are massive in the run game. We have a gross display of options on offense.
  18. Good point. I don't know how much he interacted with the defensive players, but Hutchinson cap hit grows to $54M in 2029. They backloaded it to go all in the next two years. After that, they will have to shed salary. Goff goes to $62M next year, then $69M in 2028. Half their cap next year is in Goff, St. Brown, and Sewell already.
  19. adam replied to adam's topic in Bearstalk
    His mistakes have just been magnified because they have been so noticeable. Drops an easy TD, jumps on a perfect punt for no reason causing a touchback, not even attempting to block on FG try, not following blockers on designed screen, etc.
  20. Rookies are gonna make mistakes and hopefully learn. He will be a big contributor on this team for years to come.
  21. Agreed. Watch the Baldy video I posted this morning. He's really good in the run game.
  22. I dont think Rousch has been all that bad. People are over analyzing his every play. He has played about as equal as Kmet and has only played 4 games.
  23. I'll propose we trade for Jeffrey Simmons. We send them Grady Jarrett, for their locker room, and next year's first...
  24. AZ54 replied to adam's topic in Bearstalk
    True. After years searching for one QB we can win games with we now have 3.
  25. adam replied to adam's topic in Bearstalk
    Bears QBR so far this season, week by week: 1 - Williams 92.3 2 - Williams 70.3 3 - Keenum 74.1 4 - Bagent 75.1 4 straight games with the primary QB with a QBR over 70 is impressive. 3 out of 4 weeks with a QB in the top 10 in QBR. Coaching matters.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.