LB'ers so far so good

AZ54

Been saying all offseason that Bostic has a serious chance at MLB. Never thought for a minute Williams would be handed the job like another poster here suggested.

He's great in coverage and he's a solid tackler...Taking better angles in the run game can be taught and with MUCH better DL in front of him it's gonna make his job A LOT easier.

Been saying all offseason that Bostic has a serious chance at MLB. Never thought for a minute Williams would be handed the job like another poster here suggested.

He's great in coverage and he's a solid tackler...Taking better angles in the run game can be taught and with MUCH better DL in front of him it's gonna make his job A LOT easier.

Say what? His production on the field sucked last year, he has the potenial to be a very good player but if you go by last year, he has a long way to go.

Taking better angles in the run game can be taught and with MUCH better DL in front of him it's gonna make his job A LOT easier.

You are correct in saying angles can be taught. It ends with that though. Angles don't mean a thing unless you have the instincts to use them "in time". Bostic was horrific last year(instinctively and technically). If he makes it to average this year, it will be a huge victory for this team.

Say what? His production on the field sucked last year, he has the potenial to be a very good player but if you go by last year, he has a long way to go.

All I said was in was great in coverage, based off PFF he was, and with his past as a safety it's believable. Also said he was a solid tackler which I believe as well. His problem wasn't missed tackles, it was getting in the position to make said tackles.

All I said was in was great in coverage, based off PFF he was, and with his past as a safety it's believable. Also said he was a solid tackler which I believe as well. His problem wasn't missed tackles, it was getting in the position to make said tackles.

We really need to throw away our 2013 memories of the horrendous D. This is a new year and with luck, this unit can stay healthy and show us something. They are working on the flaws, which a lot of it came down to being out of position. The positive point on this is Bostic and McClellin are pushing themselves into possibly starters. If they fail, we have a vet DJ Williams who can step in. If they succeed, we have two young/fast LBs that can attack, which Tucker uses the Mike/Sam in his blitzs.

From watching game tape from last year, James Anderson looked more out of place than any other LB to me. He was either: running the wrong way, into the play late, was knocked down, or was randomly in space away from the play not pursuing.

Oh OK I got it, good tackler, bad football player.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say good tackler but extremely raw. Like Phil said, all his problems from last year are fixable. A better DL, one that can control their gaps, is going to be huge.

I think he will be a good football player but to say he is great in coverage and a good tackler after what we saw last year , is a stretch. He played terrible, cant see giving him any credit for a lousy first year.

I think he will be a good football player but to say he is great in coverage and a good tackler after what we saw last year , is a stretch. He played terrible, cant see giving him any credit for a lousy first year.

To me it almost seemed like they told him to get in there and make plays. Instead of working in some type of framework of the defense. Also, with how bad the Defensive Line was, the LB's would look like they were out of position more than normal and would look to be recovering back to a gap that they thought was covered. I thought Bostic played ok given the situation and environment he was in. I expect him to take a huge leap this year.