Bennett Suspended

xvflutop

Good.

Don't know if any of you were listening to the radio this morning, but they were talking about how players and coaches don't really appreciate the way Martellus acts on the practice field. His effort is underwhelming, and he enjoys taking his sweet ass time walking back after a play is over when the coaches and players are urging him to hustle back.

Interesting to see how year 2 works out for him. The honeymoon is over. People get tired of you after a while when you keep doing the same crap.

It's disappointing to hear Bennett is slacking off. His previous bad habits seem to be rearing their ugly head.

I hope he takes this as a wake up call.

With all that said...I think we draft a TE this next draft.

My guess is that is not just because of the altercation with Fuller but instead a combination of issues, including his poor practice habits, that caused the suspension to be placed. I believe it is good to send a message to everyone on the team that they are expected to play disciplined football and that poor practice habits will not be tolerated.

Good.

Don't know if any of you were listening to the radio this morning, but they were talking about how players and coaches don't really appreciate the way Martellus acts on the practice field. His effort is underwhelming, and he enjoys taking his sweet ass time walking back after a play is over when the coaches and players are urging him to hustle back.

Interesting to see how year 2 works out for him. The honeymoon is over. People get tired of you after a while when you keep doing the same crap.

I am glad. Send the message and also make sure people understand you have to be disciplined and hard working on the practice field. By the way, I like Martellus and I hope he responds well to this. It was necessary and I think Trestman has acted appropriately in response to the training camp fights.

I think this suspension is bullshit if it's over that skirmish. If Bennett is slacking off that's another thing altogether and Trestman and Cutler need to tell him to get his head out of his ass.

The problem was it was the 2nd or 3rd fight he's been in this training camp and he was involved in 1 or 2 in OTA's.

My guess is that is not just because of the altercation with Fuller but instead a combination of issues, including his poor practice habits, that caused the suspension to be placed. I believe it is good to send a message to everyone on the team that they are expected to play disciplined football and that poor practice habits will not be tolerated.

Absolutely this and they have sent a message that this stops now. Hopefully, Bennett is listening.

Peace :dabears

When I was out there I thought it was just me being anal. Seeing him lackadaiscal getting back to huddle so Jay could call the next play. But I guess the hit on fuller was maybe was the last straw. To piss off Management and get suspended says alot. I really hope this is Bennetts wake up call. But this also a good chance for somebody to get some vauluable reps.

No problem with the suspension and I like the public message Emery sent… this is a private matter between the team and Martellus and he won't discuss the details. The players (and all of us) see the obvious result and that is good enough for the rest of the team as they know it was dealt with. They also know there is no ascending player behind Martellus and he is the clear starter. Making this decision shows that no matter who you are you are expected to adhere to the rules.