Time to think like an expansion team

'TD'

Other than Fuller, there is not starting level talent on this team in 5 years. On Offense, you have Jeffery and Long in 5 years starting.

Fire Phillips and Emery.

Bring in a HUGE NAME for the front office to rebuild this team. A president with a direction and a GM with a history.

Trade/Cut Cutler. I know it will be a massive cap hit, but next year will be bad too. You will have a crapload of capspace the year after.

Trestman can stay, only because he is already paid and whoever is coaching the next year or two doesn't matter and we are looking for high draft picks for the new GM to develop. It's a total rebuild.

Think Cubs, but NFL.

I agree with everything except the last point. It wouldn't make any sense to get rid of Cutler and keep Trestman. The locker room has already been lost. Once that happens, once you see players quitting, there is no getting it back. Trestman HAS to go if you want to salvage next season. Nice guy, but not a good coach.

The Bears are probably going to have to keep Cutler around for one more year, hire a HC on the condition that a high pick will be spent on a QB who will have the opportunity to start right out of the gate.

I would love it if they just ate all the money and got rid of him. That would be the best thing possible. I just don't think it's likely.

I agree with everything except the last point. It wouldn't make any sense to get rid of Cutler and keep Trestman. The locker room has already been lost. Once that happens, once you see players quitting, there is no getting it back. Trestman HAS to go if you want to salvage next season. Nice guy, but not a good coach.

The Bears are probably going to have to keep Cutler around for one more year, hire a HC on the condition that a high pick will be spent on a QB who will have the opportunity to start right out of the gate.

I would love it if they just ate all the money and got rid of him. That would be the best thing possible. I just don't think it's likely.

You don't have to keep Cutler. The team loses nothing by cutting him. I am suggesting cutting him now, he counts a crapload against the cap in dead money, and the owners recover that money in money not spent this year. Then next year, crap loads of space next year.

Trestman's money they can't get back. I don't care if they cut him too at this point, but it really doesn't matter who they bring in. They need to look at it like they are an expansion team.

They have some over the hill veterans, a lot of young players, and need to build a foundation for the future. A future with a new front office.

The owners just need to think, This direction isn't going to work and there is too much to be done and the window is closed for a super bowl. I am going to tank it for a year or 2. I'll bring in the best front office ppl available. I'll bring in better higher draft picks, then I will make my move for a good coach when I get the team ready, ala the Cubs.

Agreed. Except Trest needs to go.

His poor leadership will hinder Long and Fuller. We cannot afford that.

Other than Fuller, there is not starting level talent on this team in 5 years. On Offense, you have Jeffery and Long in 5 years starting.

Fire Phillips and Emery.

Bring in a HUGE NAME for the front office to rebuild this team. A president with a direction and a GM with a history.

Trade/Cut Cutler. I know it will be a massive cap hit, but next year will be bad too. You will have a crapload of capspace the year after.

Trestman can stay, only because he is already paid and whoever is coaching the next year or two doesn't matter and we are looking for high draft picks for the new GM to develop. It's a total rebuild.

Think Cubs, but NFL.

I believe there will be cap hits for the next 2 years with cutting Cutler. Not saying it's not worth it...just saying, it will impact us.

You don't have to keep Cutler. The team loses nothing by cutting him. I am suggesting cutting him now, he counts a crapload against the cap in dead money, and the owners recover that money in money not spent this year. Then next year, crap loads of space next year.

Trestman's money they can't get back. I don't care if they cut him too at this point, but it really doesn't matter who they bring in. They need to look at it like they are an expansion team.

They have some over the hill veterans, a lot of young players, and need to build a foundation for the future. A future with a new front office.

The owners just need to think, This direction isn't going to work and there is too much to be done and the window is closed for a super bowl. I am going to tank it for a year or 2. I'll bring in the best front office ppl available. I'll bring in better higher draft picks, then I will make my move for a good coach when I get the team ready, ala the Cubs.

He is guaranteed for two more years

The Bears pay, don't gain anything back and it counts against the cap

For the next two years.

Yeah, but the cap hits are 19.5 then 3.0. $3 million in 2016 is nothing so the 2nd year is not a big deal. The only year it would be felt would be next year, but who cares. Release, cut, or trade every vet over 28 and stockpile a crap load of picks the next two years.

Works for me. Pull the bandaid off fast instead of slowly.

Yeah, but the cap hits are 19.5 then 3.0. $3 million in 2016 is nothing so the 2nd year is not a big deal. The only year it would be felt would be next year, but who cares. Release, cut, or trade every vet over 28 and stockpile a crap load of picks the next two years.

Damn if the cap hit is only 3 million in year 3 that changes how I look at it.

They could keep Cutler around next year to play while they groom a rookie or have the most expensive back up of all time.

Fire Phillips and Emery.

Think Cubs, but NFL.

I still am in SHOCK that it got this bad this quick. I knew the Bears where in bad shape a couple of years ago when the D was old. I thought it the Bears could get a good O put together they could bridge the gap while getting some young talent on the D.

They tired, it failed.

Luckly the NFL is a lot different than the MLB. The Bears don't have a farm system to rebuild due to Henry trading away all the youth talent and having a horrible scouting system in place.

The last thing I want to see is the Bears start winning games. Im tired of 10-6 or 8-8, all that does is put the Bears drafting 15 to 20. We need some game changing talent.

There is no shot at the playoffs. No point in winning any games.