Turkey Bowl Game Thread (1130 CST)

adam

Detroit is essentially holding the 2nd Wild Card spot, and a win on Thursday brings us to within 1 game with 4 to play, the head-to-head tie breaker, and another game in Chicago to tie up the season record. We still have to win out to have a chance due to Seattle, SF, and Dallas, but this would be a huge win and get us to 6-6. We hold the tie breaker against SF, and with a win against Dallas (next Thursday), we would own that one too. None of this matters with a loss which would take us out of the playoff picture at 5-7.

Detroit has lost their last 2 games, and won the 3 games before that by a total of 6 points. They could easily be 4-7 without last second wins in almost all those games (NO, ATL, and MIA).

This is our first real challenge since the GB and NE debacles.

It'll be interesting to see how we play.

Sadly, I see a yet another big loss on national TV...

Detroit is essentially holding the 2nd Wild Card spot, and a win on Thursday brings us to within 1 game with 4 to play, the head-to-head tie breaker, and another game in Chicago to tie up the season record. We still have to win out to have a chance due to Seattle, SF, and Dallas, but this would be a huge win and get us to 6-6. We hold the tie breaker against SF, and with a win against Dallas (next Thursday), we would own that one too. None of this matters with a loss which would take us out of the playoff picture at 5-7.

Detroit has lost their last 2 games, and won the 3 games before that by a total of 6 points. They could easily be 4-7 without last second wins in almost all those games (NO, ATL, and MIA).

This is our first real challenge since the GB and NE debacles.

It'll be interesting to see how we play.

Sadly, I see a yet another big loss on national TV...

Well, we have back-to-back Thursday Night games, followed by a Monday Night game, so 3 prime time games in a row. Thanks schedule makers.

Well, we have back-to-back Thursday Night games, followed by a Monday Night game, so 3 prime time games in a row. Thanks schedule makers.

Isn't there something that allows the NFL to flex the schedule or something? Especially later in the season? I thought there was. That might be our only saving grace.

Great, just a way for them to ruin my Thanksgiving.

I could be more excited if the offense was looking really good. But they are not. The D has picked up their play which is nice, but could that mean Tucker gets one more year???lol

Is it wrong to have a shit attitude about this season already??? We have won two games in a row and IT somehow feels like losses.

Not trying to be Debbie downer but I guess I am.

It would be pretty cool to see the Bears win out.....That could make for a great story!! lol

You are not wrong to have the attitude you mention. It's perfectly understandable.

I asked myself yesterday, when is a win really a loss? Seems like that was the case these last 2 weeks. This Thursday game will be telling. Detroit is doing their annual downward spirial, but they are the best team we'll have faced in the last 3 games. It's at their home. A win for us there would be a real win.

I could be more excited if the offense was looking really good. But they are not. The D has picked up their play which is nice, but could that mean Tucker gets one more year???lol

Is it wrong to have a shit attitude about this season already??? We have won two games in a row and IT somehow feels like losses.

It would be pretty cool to see the Bears win out.....That could make for a great story!! lol

You are not wrong to have the attitude you mention. It's perfectly understandable.

I asked myself yesterday, when is a win really a loss? Seems like that was the case these last 2 weeks. This Thursday game will be telling. Detroit is doing their annual downward spirial, but they are the best team we'll have faced in the last 3 games. It's at their home. A win for us there would be a real win.

As someone else stated, the Lions could easily have lost 3 or 4 other games that went down to the last second. It reminded me off the Lions with Swartz, but the big difference was Swartz never got them to close out games.

It had seemed that Caldwell finally got them over that hump.

This game will be very telling, They have Megatron back and Golden Tate has played really well this year too. If our D can hang with this Lions offense, that would make me feel a lot better.

I do hope we see our O start to roll!!!!!

Winning two games against crap teams is not really proving anything. We should be blowing them out and we won by one score. Looking back at the other games, the Carolina was the game would should've won. They are horrible on both sides of the ball this year. So just like against other good teams, we have to show up and beat someone. SF was our only quality win and we really only played a great half of football.

The scary thought for me is 2x vs Detroit who has arguably the best defense in the league with a lot of front-4 pressure. They are ridiculous against the run only allowing 70 yards a game. So we are going to have to beat them in the air (which scares me). Then you look on the other side of the ball and we have to stop Megatron and Tate without Tillman and Fuller. That is going to be tough.

First series on offense, looked really good. Kept the D guessing.

No runs tho.... The screen to forte and dump off to Bennett and Alshon could be considered runs tho.

That drive is the type of play from the offense that we SHOULD see a lot of!!!

We have been asking for this all year, our offense looked unstoppable. Detroit is #1 against the run, so we should've loosened them up a little there.

Now we are getting no pressure and every receiver is open. I just don't get how the Bears leave Fuller isolated on Megatron after 8 catches. Everyone knew that ball was going to him. Crazy to think we had a 14-3 lead and are down 24-14 going into half.