Steven Johnson

Aaron Brewer

Tony Carter

Brandon Marshall

Ben Garland

We could use a backup TE and all of there TEs are free agents--Virgil Green

Brandon Marshall is a no brainer- a stud better than any LB on our roster

Rahin Moore he wont command a big salary and is a competent FS

We will not be making several big spending free agent signing, so those 3 would add some nice additions to our team with not great expense.

2015 Denver Broncos Free Agents

Wes Welker

Demaryius Thomas

Terrance Knighton

Jacob Tamme

Will Montgomery

Mitch Unrein

Rahim Moore

Orlando Franklin

Nate Irving

Quinton Carter

Julius Thomas

Virgil Green

Steven Johnson

Aaron Brewer

Tony Carter

Brandon Marshall

Ben Garland

We will not be making several big spending free agent signing, so those 3 would add some nice additions to our team with not great expense.

Sadly Marshall is an ERFA so he's going nowhere. I know because I really wanted him butbthen did my homework on it.

I'm game for Moore and Green.

Guest TerraTor
2015 Denver Broncos Free Agents

Wes Welker

Demaryius Thomas

Terrance Knighton

Jacob Tamme

Will Montgomery

Mitch Unrein

Rahim Moore

Orlando Franklin

Nate Irving

Quinton Carter

Julius Thomas

Virgil Green

Steven Johnson

Aaron Brewer

Tony Carter

Brandon Marshall

Ben Garland

How about Brock Osweiler...

I'd take DT once the Bears inevitably get rid of Brandon Marshall, but unfortunately they are in no position to get into a bidding war for any high priced free agent's services.

The Bears would be best served taking the approach of the Packers and other great teams that value keeping their own younger guys as opposed to being players in the free agent market every year like the Bears have been. And it's all because of bad drafting.

I'd take DT once the Bears inevitably get rid of Brandon Marshall, but unfortunately they are in no position to get into a bidding war for any high priced free agent's services.

The Bears would be best served taking the approach of the Packers and other great teams that value keeping their own younger guys as opposed to being players in the free agent market every year like the Bears have been. And it's all because of bad drafting.

I agree but they can add some mid priced FAs and improve the team without big contracts. Most people think we can add a few expensive FAs and live in the rose garden, but that is what we have lived with for so long. We added people like Young, Slauson, Ratliff without paying large contracts.

Eddie Royal/WR---- he has speed we could use to give us a down field threat

Virgil Green/TE------has upside and a connect to Fox

Carpenter/OG-------Seahawks have some big money to dish out this offseason and wont be able to this starter. (my thought-move Long to LT, Bushrod to RT, bring Carpenter to RG spot

De La Puente/OC----we need to resign him and get rid of Garza, wont cost alot

Moore/FS-------------is an above average S with connections to Fox

Culliver/CB-----------if Fangio comes our way, maybe we can get Culliver here, better than Jennings and younger

How about Brock Osweiler...

I have been a huge supporter of Brock Osweiler since his college days. Kid has a huge NFL ready body and his arm is an absolute cannon. He is also playing behind one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history and had to have learned a ton. I wish someone would give him a chance, but the Bears would be absolutely awesome. He is a buy low candidate. What's the worst that could happen with the pickup?

I agree but they can add some mid priced FAs and improve the team without big contracts. Most people think we can add a few expensive FAs and live in the rose garden, but that is what we have lived with for so long. We added people like Young, Slauson, Ratliff without paying large contracts.

Eddie Royal/WR---- he has speed we could use to give us a down field threat

Virgil Green/TE------has upside and a connect to Fox

Carpenter/OG-------Seahawks have some big money to dish out this offseason and wont be able to this starter. (my thought-move Long to LT, Bushrod to RT, bring Carpenter to RG spot

De La Puente/OC----we need to resign him and get rid of Garza, wont cost alot

Moore/FS-------------is an above average S with connections to Fox

Culliver/CB-----------if Fangio comes our way, maybe we can get Culliver here, better than Jennings and younger

Those would all be great moves and upgrades all around. Seattle is going to have cap issues after the Wilson contract.

Are the Bears definitely getting rid of Brandon Marshall? I know various media guys believe he's definitely gone because he was mediocre on the field and a bit of an ass-clown off the field. It would be a 6 million $$$ cap hit if we cut him. But with the hiring of Fox, I get the impression that we are taking the position that we are in "win-now" mode. As a new coach, don't you hope BM will be a new man?

In terms of the roster, we are actually in decent shape as far as starters are concerned. I'm operating under the assumption that everybody on the team under-performed because of the idiotic coaching staff so players are not nearly as bad as they appeared.

In terms of business we MUST take care of, we need a starting FS to replace Chris Conte, a LB to replace Briggs, a nickel CB, and a #3 WR (Marques Wilson showed next to nothing last year). Paea may leave, but we hopefully Ferguson and Sutton can effectively replace him.

Don't get me wrong, we need depth EVERYWHERE and I sure as hell wouldn't complain if we upgraded at any position. But in terms of starters, we are in pretty good shape.

We actually are in a position to get into a bidding war for high priced free agents. I assumed we were screwed in terms of the cap because of all our bad free agent signings. But as per the bleacher report, we have 27 million available which is 10th most in the NFL.

I'd LOVE to take the Packers approach and keep our own younger guys as opposed to being players in the free agent market every yet. But right now, the only young guy we are worried about keeping is Stephen Paea. He's comparable to Henry Melton in terms of the success he's had with the Bears. If we want to franchise him for one year, I'd be good with that and we'd still have plenty of space available. If we sign guys to fill vacancies this year and draft well, we'll be in great shape in 2015.

In 2016, we'll have decisions to make about Alshon Jefferey and Matt Forte.

We actually are in a position to get into a bidding war for high priced free agents. I assumed we were screwed in terms of the cap because of all our bad free agent signings. But as per the bleacher report, we have 27 million available which is 10th most in the NFL.

I'd LOVE to take the Packers approach and keep our own younger guys as opposed to being players in the free agent market every yet. But right now, the only young guy we are worried about keeping is Stephen Paea. He's comparable to Henry Melton in terms of the success he's had with the Bears. If we want to franchise him for one year, I'd be good with that and we'd still have plenty of space available. If we sign guys to fill vacancies this year and draft well, we'll be in great shape in 2015.

I like the approach of seeing the guys we have and how they perform with new leadership. This team has talent, it was just screwed under Trestman/Tucker and many injuries. Offensively, they didn't run the ball. Getting back to that will change alot. Maybe it is time to find a brute back and use Forte as a change of pace guy.

I'm with you on this one. Packers are in the position they are because they regularly draft well, Bears haven't.

Right now the only youth on this team that we need to be thinking about is Alshon next year, Long and perhaps Bostic in 2 years, then Fuller in 3 years.

In that time, unless we want to continue losing I think it would be silly to ignore free agency completely. Esp. this year when the money is there, we have a new GM/Coach (to get them some guys they want), and this FA specifically is being billed as one of the best ever. I'd be pretty bummed to see them not take advantage of it.

I like the approach of seeing the guys we have and how they perform with new leadership. This team has talent, it was just screwed under Trestman/Tucker and many injuries. Offensively, they didn't run the ball. Getting back to that will change alot. Maybe it is time to find a brute back and use Forte as a change of pace guy.

Yep. One big thing that came out this week is how we misused Jared Allen. Instead of utilizing him as an up the field, get the quarterback DE, we often used him to contain and absurd the OT.

I'd be good with a brute force back, but we tried that previously with Chester Taylor, Michael Bush, and the guy from Dallas who refused to run out of bounds in the Denver/Tim Teboe game (I can remember that but I can't think of his name.)

What I love about Fox, is that he seems interested in utilizing the talent he has. How good can Carey be? He looked pretty good by the end of the season.

Yep. One big thing that came out this week is how we misused Jared Allen. Instead of utilizing him as an up the field, get the quarterback DE, we often used him to contain and absurd the OT.

I'd be good with a brute force back, but we tried that previously with Chester Taylor, Michael Bush, and the guy from Dallas who refused to run out of bounds in the Denver/Tim Teboe game (I can remember that but I can't think of his name.)

What I love about Fox, is that he seems interested in utilizing the talent he has. How good can Carey be? He looked pretty good by the end of the season.

I think Carey will be alright, but have doubts him becoming Lacy, Lynch, or Murray type of back that can wear down a defense. Mariin Barber was the other back you were thinking of.

I think Carey will be alright, but have doubts him becoming Lacy, Lynch, or Murray type of back that can wear down a defense. Mariin Barber was the other back you were thinking of.

Marion the "Barbian" he was once known as. Sheesh...

Agreed about a 'North / South' runner very similar to Lacy. I'd like to think that Trent Richardson could potentially be that type of player. Perhaps Indy would part with him and he'd be worth trying in that role? I see him similar to Ricky Williams (or even his more recent co-Alum of Alabama Mark Ingrim) in that perhaps he's a late bloomer? Alabama has cranked out some descent RBs these last few years.

Are the Bears definitely getting rid of Brandon Marshall? I know various media guys believe he's definitely gone because he was mediocre on the field and a bit of an ass-clown off the field. It would be a 6 million $$$ cap hit if we cut him. But with the hiring of Fox, I get the impression that we are taking the position that we are in "win-now" mode. As a new coach, don't you hope BM will be a new man?

In terms of the roster, we are actually in decent shape as far as starters are concerned. I'm operating under the assumption that everybody on the team under-performed because of the idiotic coaching staff so players are not nearly as bad as they appeared.

In terms of business we MUST take care of, we need a starting FS to replace Chris Conte, a LB to replace Briggs, a nickel CB, and a #3 WR (Marques Wilson showed next to nothing last year). Paea may leave, but we hopefully Ferguson and Sutton can effectively replace him.

Don't get me wrong, we need depth EVERYWHERE and I sure as hell wouldn't complain if we upgraded at any position. But in terms of starters, we are in pretty good shape.

Momentum has been gaining on Marshall being cut or traded from the Bears for quite some time now, I'd be shocked if he were here next year. The Bears aren't winning anything next year anyways, so it makes little sense to keep him around in a rebuilding year and having to deal with all the extra crap that comes with him.

I don't think hiring Fox changes the fact that the Bears are thinking long term with this thing. He's been in this situation twice before. He knows how to turn around teams fast. I'm sure that played a huge role in him getting the job in the first place, knowing that it could be a rough year 1.

Momentum has been gaining on Marshall being cut or traded from the Bears for quite some time now, I'd be shocked if he were here next year. The Bears aren't winning anything next year anyways, so it makes little sense to keep him around in a rebuilding year and having to deal with all the extra crap that comes with him.

I don't think hiring Fox changes the fact that the Bears are thinking long term with this thing. He's been in this situation twice before. He knows how to turn around teams fast. I'm sure that played a huge role in him getting the job in the first place.

If I'm John Fox, the first thing I do is ask myself, "Are we better or worse with Brandon Marshall? A good BM yes. Bad BM no." Then I talk to BM: "Here's exactly what we expect from you--no more Showtime, no more green cleats. No more of the "me, me, me." Can you do that? Because if you're not, your ass is gone."

I know it's a possibility he's gone, but why wouldn't a new regime take the approach that it's a brand new day and we are starting from scratch? It's not what he's done previously, it's what he can do moving ahead. If he'd murdered someone or somehow embarrassed the franchise, it would be different. So far all he's done is have a bad season and yell at the kicker.

It's just the stupid media like Berstien and Arkush pushing for Marshall to be gone.

The guy is a top 10 WR in the league, and closer to top 5. He was just hurt this year. He's worked with Jeffery teaching him the tricks, and it made a big difference in Jeffery's play from his rookie year to his sophmore year. Remember when Jeffery kept getting offensive pass inferences?

I've been on record for not liking Marshall cause of his past, but it would be silly to get rid of him now. He's just too damn good and young enough to be good a couple years when the team gets turned around.

It's just the stupid media like Berstien and Arkush pushing for Marshall to be gone.

The guy is a top 10 WR in the league, and closer to top 5. He was just hurt this year. He's worked with Jeffery teaching him the tricks, and it made a big difference in Jeffery's play from his rookie year to his sophmore year. Remember when Jeffery kept getting offensive pass inferences?

I've been on record for not liking Marshall cause of his past, but it would be silly to get rid of him now. He's just too damn good and young enough to be good a couple years when the team gets turned around.

With them pushing to get rid of Marshall, I get the sense that they may know something we don't. Do you sense that? Why would they declare they don't think he's coming back? I just feel like there's more to the story.

As for Jeffery not getting pass interference, isn't that the coaches job?

I'm with you and that I hope Marshall's back. But if Fox and company decides he needs to go, I'm all for that also.

It's almost universal now from every Chicago beat writer I've seen that believes he's gone. Where there is smoke... I didn't believe it at first, but more people have begun jumping on that bandwagon lately, it almost seems inevitable. He's not a very well liked guy in that locker-room, and the biggest ally he had I'm sure isn't too thrilled with him either after he got thrown under the bus.

With them pushing to get rid of Marshall, I get the sense that they may know something we don't. Do you sense that? Why would they declare they don't think he's coming back? I just feel like there's more to the story.

As for Jeffery not getting pass interference, isn't that the coaches job?

I'm with you and that I hope Marshall's back. But if Fox and company decides he needs to go, I'm all for that also.

On the PI, I just meant that Marshall was being a good team mate and helping him there.

It may be a spark to start a fire, if the McCaskey's listen, but I honestly just think it is smoke.

Hub is a contrarian. When the Bears traded for Cutler, he didn't want him. Now that ppl see him as bad, Hub thinks the Bears should keep him. He thought Emery should have kept his job, but complained about the lack of players on the team, bad contracts, and the Pace Hire. The Bears hire one of the top 10 coaches in the NFL, it was a poor choice. I listened to his show last night, and it was just hours of nonsense about the whole team.

Bernstien is gets on his self righteous high horse more than he talks about football. When he quoted "his source" a month or 2 ago, it was the first I had heard of the Bears wanting to get rid of Marshall. More often than not, his source is wrong. I think the fact they both have been waving the Marshall is gone, that it's caught on a little bit.

It makes little sense to me. Honstely, we don't know if anyone in the locker room don't like him. Robbie Gould probably doesn't, but he just kicks the ball.

Marion the "Barbian" he was once known as. Sheesh...

Agreed about a 'North / South' runner very similar to Lacy. I'd like to think that Trent Richardson could potentially be that type of player. Perhaps Indy would part with him and he'd be worth trying in that role? I see him similar to Ricky Williams (or even his more recent co-Alum of Alabama Mark Ingrim) in that perhaps he's a late bloomer? Alabama has cranked out some descent RBs these last few years.

Indy would definitely get rid of him, hes is being paid 3.1 million on a guarantee contract. What is a terrible RB worth?

On the PI, I just meant that Marshall was being a good team mate and helping him there.

It may be a spark to start a fire, if the McCaskey's listen, but I honestly just think it is smoke.

Hub is a contrarian. When the Bears traded for Cutler, he didn't want him. Now that ppl see him as bad, Hub thinks the Bears should keep him. He thought Emery should have kept his job, but complained about the lack of players on the team, bad contracts, and the Pace Hire. The Bears hire one of the top 10 coaches in the NFL, it was a poor choice. I listened to his show last night, and it was just hours of nonsense about the whole team.

Bernstien is gets on his self righteous high horse more than he talks about football. When he quoted "his source" a month or 2 ago, it was the first I had heard of the Bears wanting to get rid of Marshall. More often than not, his source is wrong. I think the fact they both have been waving the Marshall is gone, that it's caught on a little bit.

It makes little sense to me. Honstely, we don't know if anyone in the locker room don't like him. Robbie Gould probably doesn't, but he just kicks the ball.

With Berstein, I can't argue with him being on a self-righteous high horse. However, when has his source been wrong? About 10 minutes after Fox was out, Bernstein Tweeted, "My source says, watch for Fox to Chicago." That was the first I'd heard of it. After the New Orleans game he Tweeted, "Trestman is out." I'd add credit to this because Trestman proceeded to bench Cutler.

What was an instance where Bernstein's source was wrong? I believe Bernstein's source that Marshall would be gone, but there's new management in town. What was true a month ago, may not be true now.

As for Hub, I really don't remember him not wanting Cutler. He's never stated Emery should keep his job. He was concerned if we hired the guy from KC, it would be the exact same as Emery. He liked the PACE hire. Hub did say the Bears should hire Mike Shannahan over John Fox, but then praised the Fox hire.

Getting back to the original point, I really think there's a chance that Brandon Marshall is not on the team next year. It will be interesting to see who our new offensive coordinator is.