for all of you DRAFT knowledge people

Lucky Luciano

i don't watch college football much anymore since the BCS destroyed the sport so i have a couple of questions for you knowledgeable people who follow college prospects into the draft.

what does next years class of prospects look like for premium top 10 draft players at these positions: QB, LOT, CB, and finally DE?

i know it's early and a LOT can happen during a year, but are there any really good looking players that will become eligible in next years draft?

the reason i ask... IF there are some primo players in next years draft at those positions i would strongly like the bears to trade out of the #7 spot down, or way down, in the first round by swapping picks and getting the other teams first round pick next season for doing so. this years draft is weak at virtually all of the key player positions WE need for a franchise player of that type.

that way we can shake out the personnel on our team AND the different schemes and determine what our needs really are with the current players on our roster.

next year we could draft that elite QB (or left offensive tackle) in the top 10 by swapping our two first round picks to move up in the draft to pick them. same goes if we missed one of those two type of players we could go after another very high quality CB or DE.

it's looking at the health of this team in the LONG term instead of short term meet our needs to win now philosophy.

i don't watch college football much anymore since the BCS destroyed the sport so i have a couple of questions for you knowledgeable people who follow college prospects into the draft.

what does next years class of prospects look like for premium top 10 draft players at these positions: QB, LOT, CB, and finally DE?

i know it's early and a LOT can happen during a year, but are there any really good looking players that will become eligible in next years draft?

the reason i ask... IF there are some primo players in next years draft at those positions i would strongly like the bears to trade out of the #7 spot down, or way down, in the first round by swapping picks and getting the other teams first round pick next season for doing so. this years draft is weak at virtually all of the key player positions WE need for a franchise player of that type.

that way we can shake out the personnel on our team AND the different schemes and determine what our needs really are with the current players on our roster.

next year we could draft that elite QB (or left offensive tackle) in the top 10 by swapping our two first round picks to move up in the draft to pick them. same goes if we missed one of those two type of players we could go after another very high quality CB or DE.

it's looking at the health of this team in the LONG term instead of short term meet our needs to win now philosophy.

QB Cardale Jones Ohio St, Christian Hackenberg Penn St. and Conner Cook Mich. St.

LOT Ronnie Stanley ND ROT Laremy Tunsil Ole Miss,and Spencer Drango Baylor

Safety Nate Andrews Fla St. and Su'a Cravens USC

CB Vernon Hargreaves FLA, Kendall Fuller(Kyle's lil bro) Va Tech, Jalen Ramsey Fla, Cameron Sutton Tenn.,Will Redmond Miss St.and KeiVarae Russell ND

DE/DT/ OLB Shilique Calhoun Mich St., Shawn Oakman Baylor,Joey Bosa Ohio St.,Robert Nkemdiche Ole Miss, Leonard Floyd Ga. and DeForest Buckner Oregon.

The problem there is who are you trading with, and whats to say they'll finish in the top 10 or the Bears can pull of a trade to get in the top 10?

it's probably doubtful you would trade with anyone picking in the top 10 next season although it's certainly possible. if we picked up a 1st even in the lower half of the first round i would predict we will pick somewhere in the middle, up in the first. i would probably stay away from the pats, packers or seahawks though.

that should be close to what it would take to move you up into a position to draft that blue chip QB or LOT. two first round picks is a lot of ammunition if it is even a reasonably strong draft next year.

QB Cardale Jones Ohio St, Christian Hackenberg Penn St. and Conner Cook Mich. St.

LOT Ronnie Stanley ND ROT Laremy Tunsil Ole Miss,and Spencer Drango Baylor

Safety Nate Andrews Fla St. and Su'a Cravens USC

CB Vernon Hargreaves FLA, Kendall Fuller(Kyle's lil bro) Va Tech, Jalen Ramsey Fla, Cameron Sutton Tenn.,Will Redmond Miss St.and KeiVarae Russell ND

DE/DT/ OLB Shilique Calhoun Mich St., Shawn Oakman Baylor,Joey Bosa Ohio St.,Robert Nkemdiche Ole Miss, Leonard Floyd Ga. and DeForest Buckner Oregon.

thanks for the information.

i am assuming these should be blue chip draft picks next season?

Well b in the Top 10 again so it's good to look now

Definitely possible. We were at 18 with a few weeks to go, then 13, then ended up with 7. I figure at worst we will end around 10 or 11, and at best 32nd.

TEN, JAX, and TB will be lucky to get 3 wins

WAS, OAK, and CLE are all destined for 3-5 wins

NYJ, STL, SF, NO, ATL, MIN and DET will finish clumped in between 6 and 8 wins.

The Jets have to play NE, BUF, and MIA for 6 of their games, with BUF stocked and Miami with Suh, they will be lucky to win 1 in their division. STL might've improved, but they still have to play SEA, ARZ, and SF for 6 games. If anything they improve by a game or two while SF falls back by that many. NO lost Graham, so I can't see them improving, and ATL was horrible last year. MIN is relatively the same team and DET lost at least 2-3 games by losing Suh/Fairley/Bush. To me that puts us somewhere between 7 and 9 wins, probably picking in the mid teens.

I like your thinking and would love to gain a future first by trading down. My reasoning is to get our franchise QB. We may have a pick high enough next year to get one, but having extra ammo to move up may give us our choice. Either way, I see the Bears taking a QB next season, unless Gase make Cutler a gem (top 5). Wouldn't count on that, but if so that is the equivalent of hitting the mega million.