Cowboys get Collins

OmahaBear

Not sure how many years Collins signed for but he should be a free agent sooner than the players that got drafted. With the Cowboys salary cap problems they may not be able to keep him beyond this first deal. Who knows but maybe he could end up with the Bears in the future.

Guest TerraTor
Not sure how many years Collins signed for but he should be a free agent sooner than the players that got drafted. With the Cowboys salary cap problems they may not be able to keep him beyond this first deal. Who knows but maybe he could end up with the Bears in the future.

I heard 2/3 years... either way

Its simple if they feel he is going to be a fixture at OT, why not try to extend him quickly to retain him before it gets to the market where he would be in big demand and try and recoup losses from this unfortunate incident that caused teams to say hands off.

• 3 weeks later...

Collins agent has admitted that the sitting out a year to re enter the 2016 draft was a bluff. Their goal was to go undrafted, which allowed Collins to cash in on guaranteed money. If he was drafted in the 4th Rd, his contract slot would have paid him 2.75 million with $350,000 guaranteed. Going undrafted gave him 1.6 million guaranteed and FA one year earlier with the 3 year deal. The money had to come out of the rookie pool allotment the NFL designates also.

Collins agent has admitted that the sitting out a year to re enter the 2016 draft was a bluff. Their goal was to go undrafted, which allowed Collins to cash in on guaranteed money. If he was drafted in the 4th Rd, his contract slot would have paid him 2.75 million with $350,000 guaranteed. Going undrafted gave him 1.6 million guaranteed and FA one year earlier with the 3 year deal. The money had to come out of the rookie pool allotment the NFL designates also.

He should fire his agent. The goal should have been to get him drafted in the 1st Rd despite this issue. If not there, then the 2nd Rd or 3rd Rd. The agent is now telling us his client did nothing wrong but his goal all along was to get him to UDFA status. Nothing but sour grapes here and an agent who suddenly realizes he'll be explaining all this to potential clients next year.

He should fire his agent. The goal should have been to get him drafted in the 1st Rd despite this issue. If not there, then the 2nd Rd or 3rd Rd. The agent is now telling us his client did nothing wrong but his goal all along was to get him to UDFA status. Nothing but sour grapes here and an agent who suddenly realizes he'll be explaining all this to potential clients next year.

Maybe I put that wrong. I think the goal was to get drafted in round one and no team was willing to take that risk. No team was willing in round two either. Then the agent calculated out if he didn't get picked by round three they can make more in guaranteed money by signing as an udfa. I think his agent salvaged as much money as he could bc not one team was risking a 1st thru 3rd pick not knowing his involvement.

Maybe I put that wrong. I think the goal was to get drafted in round one and no team was willing to take that risk. No team was willing in round two either. Then the agent calculated out if he didn't get picked by round three they can make more in guaranteed money by signing as an udfa. I think his agent salvaged as much money as he could bc not one team was risking a 1st thru 3rd pick not knowing his involvement.

The goal they set before the draft got crushed when he left Chicago when the allegations came out which sent red flags to any teams that considered him as a potential pick. Who advised him to leave? Who advised him to come out with the 3rd round or bust statement? Also who advised him that he could be able to withdraw from the draft and enter the Supplemental Draft? My guess is his uninformed agent, WHO SHOULD BE FIRED for his lack of knowledge of the rules governing the draft etc., and orchestrating a PR nightmare for his client costing him millions in the process.