Marty Bennett Supposedly on the Block

DABEARSDABOMB

Wow. I hope we keep Marty for the long term. He's been one of the few finds from the Phil Emery era. He's transformed himself into a top 3 TE. No real reason to get rid of him now, IMO. It's not like the Bears won't have the money to spend either..

I agree with you. Now if someone wants to give up a 2nd round pick for him, then I'd think otherwise, but I'm not moving him for a 4th round pick. If we draft a QB, you want a TE like him around as a safety valve. I am a big Marty fan. Plus, isn't Marty signed for next season as well? I presume he'll hold out in the off-season and ask for a new contract, so maybe he's already made a big stink, but he's a guy I keep if I can (and money shouldn't be a major issue with him).

I'd take no less than a third round pick for him.

Peace :dabears

I'd love a 2nd, but am delusional, a 3rd is interesting (depending on what he's communicated to the Bears...if he intends to leave for a contender and force a holdout, then you might as well just move him for the 3rd now). I agree with you though, anything less than that is an absolute no. And even a 3rd, I am not a fan. He's just worth more then that.

We are now back up to 8 picks in the draft (I think). Acquired 2 today and had given up 1 when we got Khari Lee. I wonder if we acquire any players? Specifically are their any young wideouts that might be of interest to us who could develop. Wilson is clearly on the outs and none of our other young guys are anything to get excited about .

Actually, at 28, I could see why the Bears opt to move Mary now. Realistically he'll be 30 by time Bears have shot at being relevant, so you might as well capitalize on potential pick for upside (if you can get something good). But boy do I love me some Marty B (however, we certainly aren't taking advantage of him this year).

I don't want to trade Bennett at all. Keep him around he'll still be a very good TE in 2 to 3 years.

Regarding Wilson he can get moved back to bench as far as I'm concerned. After seeing him round off that route against the Cardinals leading the Peterson interception, and then the fact he hasn't done anything last year or this year tells me he won't develop. Bellamy has outplayed Wilson and I'd like to start seeing Meredith get some more looks. Meredith is young and needs a lot of development but might as well see if he'll be one to count on next year or not.

I don't want to trade Bennett at all. Keep him around he'll still be a very good TE in 2 to 3 years.

Regarding Wilson he can get moved back to bench as far as I'm concerned. After seeing him round off that route against the Cardinals leading the Peterson interception, and then the fact he hasn't done anything last year or this year tells me he won't develop. Bellamy has outplayed Wilson and I'd like to start seeing Meredith get some more looks. Meredith is young and needs a lot of development but might as well see if he'll be one to count on next year or not.

Wilson was hurt last yr. That's why he hasn't done anything. He got hurt during camp and missed most of the yr.

Actually, at 28, I could see why the Bears opt to move Mary now. Realistically he'll be 30 by time Bears have shot at being relevant, so you might as well capitalize on potential pick for upside (if you can get something good). But boy do I love me some Marty B (however, we certainly aren't taking advantage of him this year).

Agree. If this is true, then Pace is making his stamp on the Bears future, picking up draft choices and freeing up cap money for useful vets.

Wilson was hurt last yr. That's why he hasn't done anything. He got hurt during camp and missed most of the yr.

I realize that but I'm still not impressed by him when he's on the field. With young players if they are going to develop into a consistent performer there are usually a game or two where you see some big contributions. From there we look to see consistency. I can't recall that game from Wilson. He has had some catches but in traffic, or fighting for the contested catch I don't recall many. The kind of plays that give a QB confidence to throw into tight windows need to start showing up. I hope he proves me wrong this week.

I realize that but I'm still not impressed by him when he's on the field. With young players if they are going to develop into a consistent performer there are usually a game or two where you see some big contributions. From there we look to see consistency. I can't recall that game from Wilson. He has had some catches but in traffic, or fighting for the contested catch I don't recall many. The kind of plays that give a QB confidence to throw into tight windows need to start showing up. I hope he proves me wrong this week.

It is still early and hard to judge when you lose your starting QB before the 2nd half of game two is completed. If he was drafted by GB, he would be an probowler by now.