Rumor: Cowboys inquired about Forte

DABEARSDABOMB

You think we could get a 3rd? I was thinking no more than a 6th rounder given his contract situation and the fact that he's nearly 30. If there was a team out there offering anything more than a 5th rounder, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Give Langford and Carey more touches.

I think you can get a 3rd / 4th or maybe multiple later round picks. Forte is a pretty special player and I think if you have two contenders desperate for RB, you could get a bidding war. I really don't see any scenario where it makes sense to keep Forte (unless the Bears have some secret plan to magically rebuild in a year). Forte is near the end of his prime. That said, I think Forte's skills should keep him serviceable past 30 (he doesn't take a lot of big hits and his ability to catch passes should help him extend his effectiveness vs. a typical back). He's looked really good this year as well.

I actually think my ideal scenario (if we are going full rebuild) is moving Cutler to the Texans and Forte to the Cowboys. I'd think we could add some picks. Maybe make the Cutler deal conditional so that if he plays well and they make playoffs, we get a 2nd and a future 3rd or something like that and if he doesn't, we get like a 3rd and a 5th. I don't know...just thinking aloud.

Trade him for a 3rd. I wish we could hit a like button on posts like the one above me.

I do not want to see the Bears trade Forte, with him and the rest of the offense healthy you have a chance. You take him away from our offense and it wont be pretty.

I do see the other side of it tho, if someone would trade a 3rd or 2nd it may be a deal they have to make. Forte is 30 and if the Bears are not planning on letting him walk in FA next year then they will get nothing in return.

From the two trades that they made yesterday I don't see this as a fire sale, they traded two players that don't match our new scheme. If they are calling this a year the best way to get that number 1 draft pick is to trade any players that are good that wont be here next year.

I do not want to see the Bears trade Forte, with him and the rest of the offense healthy you have a chance. You take him away from our offense and it wont be pretty.

I do see the other side of it tho, if someone would trade a 3rd or 2nd it may be a deal they have to make. Forte is 30 and if the Bears are not planning on letting him walk in FA next year then they will get nothing in return.

From the two trades that they made yesterday I don't see this as a fire sale, they traded two players that don't match our new scheme. If they are calling this a year the best way to get that number 1 draft pick is to trade any players that are good that wont be here next year.

Agreed on the players we just traded. We were talking about Allen's contract and how we could not effectively cut him, now we get someone to take the contract and give us a pick. Total win win. On Bostic, many thought he would not make it out of camp. Lucky for us, he did and now we get another pick.

On Forte: I love the guy, but everyone knows this will probably be his last year as a Bear. So, if you can get another good pick for him, you have to do it. It would make this team better next year in 2 different ways. 1) You get to work your back/s of the future. 2) You get another pick(most likely a higher one because he was traded)

Agreed on the players we just traded. We were talking about Allen's contract and how we could not effectively cut him, now we get someone to take the contract and give us a pick. Total win win. On Bostic, many thought he would not make it out of camp. Lucky for us, he did and now we get another pick.

On Forte: I love the guy, but everyone knows this will probably be his last year as a Bear. So, if you can get another good pick for him, you have to do it. It would make this team better next year in 2 different ways. 1) You get to work your back/s of the future. 2) You get another pick(most likely a higher one because he was traded)

Actually on Allen's contract Carolina is only taking $800k of it. We assume the rest. But instead of his contract hurting us next yr we end up taking it on the chin this yr and have that open spot next yr