Roster Moves

scs787

The 2013 man crush of a lot of you guys, Barrett Jones signed to the practice squad.

Sherrod Martin and Nick Beckton OT(who?) have been promoted from the PS.

In a few surprises, John Timu, who I have talked up a ton has been released and Terry Williams has been released from the practice squad. Maybe the Bears don't like Timu as much as I thought. He probably comes back on the PS but subjecting him to the waivers and PS are pretty shocking. Thought Williams would at least stick on the PS.

Bummer on Timu...

The 2013 man crush of a lot of you guys, Barrett Jones signed to the practice squad.

In a few surprises, John Timu, who I have talked up a ton has been released and Terry Williams has been released from the practice squad. Maybe the Bears don't like Timu as much as I thought. He probably comes back on the PS but subjecting him to the waivers and PS are pretty shocking. Thought Williams would at least stick on the PS.

2 moves I don't like, but with injuries accumulating it understandable. They need WR, offensive lineman and S help up to speed.

Look at who the OT they called up compares to....

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nick-becton?id=2539660

I like him already ;)

Lol the first placed I checked too:

NFL COMPARISON J'Marcus Webb

Sherrod Martin is back, depth is needed without Rolle and with Vereen gone.

Brandon Dunn basically replaces Terry Williams on the PS.

I believe Barrett Jones can play G or C, just don't know his health status.

I love the Barrett Jones signing. He's very versatile. He is a smart, utility OLineman who could easily fill in any of the 5 positions.

Disappointed in the Timu cut. You'd think the Bears would keep all ILBs worth a damn considering the question marks.

I love the Barrett Jones signing. He's very versatile. He is a smart, utility OLineman who could easily fill in any of the 5 positions.

Disappointed in the Timu cut. You'd think the Bears would keep all ILBs worth a damn considering the question marks.

Obviously they don't consider him worth a damn. Maybe they weren't getting the production out of special teams from him that they want. We have no idea why they cut him.

Peace :dabears

On Timu....maybe they are keeping all the LBs worth a damn? I suspect he'll be back on the practice squad if he's available. In the meantime our defense is improving each week so I'll trust the coaches know what they need on the field to keep the progress moving forward.

Barrett Jones seems like a good pickup but I was wondering why he was available. Looks like he's had a couple injury plagued seasons so far including a back surgery last year. That's never good for anyone let alone an NFL player. I would have expected he'd stick on the Steelers practice squad but maybe that is all devoted to kickers now. If he makes it that far, next offseason we'll see if this is a case of the Bears grabbing a guy they think can contribute next year. I doubt he's ready to contribute this year.

On Timu....maybe they are keeping all the LBs worth a damn? I suspect he'll be back on the practice squad if he's available. In the meantime our defense is improving each week so I'll trust the coaches know what they need on the field to keep the progress moving forward.

Barrett Jones seems like a good pickup but I was wondering why he was available. Looks like he's had a couple injury plagued seasons so far including a back surgery last year. That's never good for anyone let alone an NFL player. I would have expected he'd stick on the Steelers practice squad but maybe that is all devoted to kickers now. If he makes it that far, next offseason we'll see if this is a case of the Bears grabbing a guy they think can contribute next year. I doubt he's ready to contribute this year.

And you were correct....John Timu signs back to the practice squad.