Bears vs Chiefs

Chitownhustla

Checking twitter on injury updates:

Looks like Alshon and Royal are out. Not 100% confirmed but someone tweeted that Alshon and Royal are not warming up.

Really glad to see Ratliff playing!

Fingers crossed the SP Team unit(return and coverage) gets better this week, we could use them helping the team win instead of making it harder for the team to win.

I think with a run heavy offense to set up the pass, some decent SP team play and the defense getting better we have a real shot at winning this game.

KC does not look as good as last year.

LET GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Jeffery doesn't think he's going to get paid big by not playing at all this season. Teams hold that against you in negotiations. Hard to believe these minor tweaks have kept him out for over 2 months. First the calf, and now the hamstring.

Jeffery is going to suffer if he keeps being injured.....

If Royal and Jeffery are out, that makes life hard. Go Bears!

I hope Jeffery doesn't think he's going to get paid big by not playing at all this season. Teams hold that against you in negotiations. Hard to believe these minor tweaks have kept him out for over 2 months. First the calf, and now the hamstring.

Aaron Lemning tweeted something to the affect :

"This is all on Alshon when deciding to not play. Each week he keeps suffering some minor set backs."

Very surprised he hasn't gotten healthy enough to play. All of preseason and now 5 weeks of the regular season.

Didn't Jeffery injure his hamstring in a freakin walk-through? I'm sure he wasn't running at full speed either. There's no way his pull could have been bad enough to keep him out this long. I normally don't like to call players out on their toughness, but I think Jeffery is dogging it. I can't see it any other way. Get the freak out there and play ffs!

Only way the Bears win this is:

1) They get a bunch of turnovers on defense that leads to easy points

2) They pound it over 30+ times to the RB's for 150+ yards

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't see any of these receivers stepping up enough to give Gase the opportunity to use the full playbook on offense. This is going to be another condensed version of the offense for yet another week. It's got to be frustrating if you're Cutler and Gase. I expect Marty to be targeted early and often. Now would be a great time to use Langford as a receiving threat. He's probably the fastest player the Bears have on offense right now.

Jeffrey and Royal inactive, as is Bushrod and Omameh.

I think we'll see Forte split out quite a bit with either Rodgers or Langford in the backfield. This would be a good day for the rookie RB to have a coming out party behind our rookie C. Likely need a TD by the defense to pull off this win.

Can we get a new punt returner already? Mariani is slow. He may have once been fast, but he is not fast any more. The gunner ran past him, engaged in a block, and still got back to him within 10 yards or so.

Let Jacquizz Rogers do it or something. Get some fresh, young legs in there.

HAHA! The popup kickoff! I LOVE it. No return, ball at the 35. Better than kicking it deep and watching the coverage team fail to cover.

Fox knows what he's doing. See a problem - Attempt to solve the problem. So refreshing compared to the previous regimes' philosophy of "the system works, make it work, do it better".

Get this idiot ST coordinator off the team. This is worse than Joe D. I never thought it would be possible to have a coach who has even less of a clue than he did.

What didn't you like? I LOVE that popup kickoff since we know the coverage team can't, ya know, cover.