Ratliff and Hardy

Alaskan Grizzly

Was reading a presser today that upon Ratliff's release from Chicago, that precipitated the team to call Dallas on a precautionary nature. Given the volatility of the release, Ratliff's history with Dallas and apparently still maintaining a residence near Dallas' training facility... made sense.

Have to hand it to Pace, Fox and some degree McCaskey with their dealing with not only Ratliff but with McDonald earlier this season. Although some would argue that the McDonald situation was nearly self-inflicted, they still addressed it rather than let it malinger. And with Ratliff they addressed it rapidly rather than let it make a mess of a very 'young' and relatively inexperienced locker room. Unlike in Dallas where not only are they allowing a proven ass like Hardy act the way he is, they are nearly congratulating him by talking an extension. How completely ludicrous!!! I think given the current state of the NFL and how sensitive 'off the field issues' has become, this is a well defined moment (to the positive) for our team and what they're trying to do.

Was reading a presser today that upon Ratliff's release from Chicago, that precipitated the team to call Dallas on a precautionary nature. Given the volatility of the release, Ratliff's history with Dallas and apparently still maintaining a residence near Dallas' training facility... made sense.

Have to hand it to Pace, Fox and some degree McCaskey with their dealing with not only Ratliff but with McDonald earlier this season. Although some would argue that the McDonald situation was nearly self-inflicted, they still addressed it rather than let it malinger. And with Ratliff they addressed it rapidly rather than let it make a mess of a very 'young' and relatively inexperienced locker room. Unlike in Dallas where not only are they allowing a proven ass like Hardy act the way he is, they are nearly congratulating him by talking an extension. How completely ludicrous!!! I think given the current state of the NFL and how sensitive 'off the field issues' has become, this is a well defined moment (to the positive) for our team and what they're trying to do.

I agree with you on the Bears handled the Ratliff situation correctly. I can see how some will say the Bears were wrong for signing him. I don't see a problem with it, at that point he wasn't charge with anything and was counter seeing one of the girls. Im sure the Bears did an extensive amount of research before signing him. They cut his ass as soon as he hosed up again.

As for the cowgirls, Jerry applauds Dez Bryant when he acts like an idiot on the sidelines....Chalks it up to be ultra competitive, treating Hardy in the same regard. I was surprised Jerry defended Hardy on his interview comments, that was plain stupid.

I'm in complete agreement with you here.

Dallas is going to get that which they cultivate in Greg Hardy. Enabling and even rewarding him for his antics means you get more antics. Even Jason Garrett's words the next day...."that wasn't exactly the time and place for that"... which means what? There is a correct time and place for Cowboy's players to be disrespectful to a coach? Grab your popcorn and sit back and watch this show.

I'm glad Pace was decisive with Ratliff. These are decisions that have long term benefits even if the short term suffers with the loss of a good player. Will Sutton is now the most senior Bears Dline player in terms of games played with the team.

I'm in complete agreement with you here.

Dallas is going to get that which they cultivate in Greg Hardy. Enabling and even rewarding him for his antics means you get more antics. Even Jason Garrett's words the next day...."that wasn't exactly the time and place for that"... which means what? There is a correct time and place for Cowboy's players to be disrespectful to a coach? Grab your popcorn and sit back and watch this show.

....and today they release their former #1 back Randle as one report puts it; "too much baggage". Instead they're putting faith in oft-injured Darren McFadden to carry the load at RB. Weird. What a "show" indeed.