Jeremy Langford's chance to shine

jason

Crazy how one play changes the outlook. If he makes that catch, we probably win the game, and he plays a big part down the stretch. He drops it and we lose and he sucks. He ran pretty good unless he was hit in the backfield. Once he can hit those deep cutbacks when the defense is overpursuing, he is going to be very dangerous.

Crazy how one play changes the outlook. If he makes that catch, we probably win the game, and he plays a big part down the stretch. He drops it and we lose and he sucks. He ran pretty good unless he was hit in the backfield. Once he can hit those deep cutbacks when the defense is overpursuing, he is going to be very dangerous.

There aren't many but it's not hard to find a Forte fumble that has cost us a game or two in the last two seasons. Nor is it hard to find Forte's missed blitz pickups that have caused some negative plays. I agree, we can't isolate on that one play. The burst Langford shows over Forte is noticeable in his first two steps. We need that on the field.

There aren't many but it's not hard to find a Forte fumble that has cost us a game or two in the last two seasons. Nor is it hard to find Forte's missed blitz pickups that have caused some negative plays. I agree, we can't isolate on that one play. The burst Langford shows over Forte is noticeable in his first two steps. We need that on the field.

What's the story about the tortoise and the hare?

Langford shows the burst, and he's virtually guaranteed for 3-4 YPC. He lacks, however, the patience needed for cut-back lanes and the actual huge plays. Well, unless of course the OL blows open an Emmitt Smith hole and he can just run downhill for 50+ yards.

Forte may be the tortoise in this comparison, but he's a pretty fast tortoise.

What's the story about the tortoise and the hare?

Langford shows the burst, and he's virtually guaranteed for 3-4 YPC. He lacks, however, the patience needed for cut-back lanes and the actual huge plays. Well, unless of course the OL blows open an Emmitt Smith hole and he can just run downhill for 50+ yards.

Forte may be the tortoise in this comparison, but he's a pretty fast tortoise.

That's true but Langford needs some experience so he can start seeing these things. He has to be able to combine what he sees real-time on the field against what the film shows afterward. I think the light will go on.

That's true but Langford needs some experience so he can start seeing these things. He has to be able to combine what he sees real-time on the field against what the film shows afterward. I think the light will go on.

I agree what he lacks can be learned and fine tuned. A back can learn patience, and letting the play develop. Blitz pickup timing and such takes practice. What you can't coach is speed and ability. Wether or not Forte is here next year or beyond if Langford is the guy to replace him he needs touches and work in real game situations.