Kiper grades the 2015 draft

jason

I know grades are subjective, but if White is what we hope and Grasu improves, a B+ might even be low. Grasu was a huge disappointment for the most part, but hopefully he continues to get stronger and stronger=better.

Hell if Tayo gets himself in better shape he might even be a guy in the future.

I know grades are subjective, but if White is what we hope and Grasu improves, a B+ might even be low. Grasu was a huge disappointment for the most part, but hopefully he continues to get stronger and stronger=better.

Hell if Tayo gets himself in better shape he might even be a guy in the future.

I agree with White. If he pans out, this is an A draft.

I disagree with your comment "Grasu was a huge disappointment for the most part". He was a rookie who started 8 games as a signal caller, got kudos from Thayer, on his debut got an A- from Moon, got positive grades from your beloved PFF, was given a C elsewhere for up and down performances, a higher grade from this site, and overall was pretty average, if not reliable for most of the games he played. He never stood out or dominated, but for a rookie center I thought he was decent.

I disagree with your comment "Grasu was a huge disappointment for the most part". He was a rookie who started 8 games as a signal caller, got kudos from Thayer, on his debut got an A- from Moon, got positive grades from your beloved PFF, was given a C elsewhere for up and down performances, a higher grade from this site, and overall was pretty average, if not reliable for most of the games he played. He never stood out or dominated, but for a rookie center I thought he was decent.

Huge might be overly stated. He wasn't expected to play this year because of size and strength, but those can be achieved, along with more knowledge. Grasu, I expect, will be more NFL ready come late July and his play improved. Draft a RG or RT and we may have a oline set for a couple years.

Like Ashkum said, maybe huge was an overstatement, but I was indeed disappointed, particularly in pass blocking.

...but for a rookie center I thought he was decent.

Agree. A rookie in that spot with a guard he should've been playing next too moved out to tackle just prior to the first regular season game of the year... He wasn't bad. Needs to step up in year 2 but so do most rookies. I'll give him an A for effort and a C+ for results.

He gave the Bears a B+.

http://chi.247sports.com/Bolt/Mel-Kiper-re...class--43000419

I agree. Pretty damn good draft. One or two more of those and the Bears are contenders. This team is headed in the right direction.

I have not read the Mel Kiper write up, so Im wondering if the grade takes into account White not playing at all or his projected play. If White is a game changer I don't know how the grad is not an A or A+!

Like Ashkum said, maybe huge was an overstatement, but I was indeed disappointed, particularly in pass blocking.

i have to agree. he did not look good at times and looked really bad at others. i'm not sure strength is going to help him in regards to getting pancaked or pushed back like it was a TE blocking a defensive tackle. the missed blocks CAN be due to being a rookie but by game 16 he is basically not a rookie anymore.

i will cross my fingers that he can turn this around by next season but i wouldn't bet the farm on it. we need a replacement in the wings if he fails and hopefully someone bigger.

I obviously don't want to do the leg work, but I remember some outright horrible plays from Grasu, and some great plays. He was disappointing because we all thought he would transition more easily to the NFL game given how awesome he was in college. When I was touting him pre-draft, I really thought he was plug-and-play. I was wrong. He needs strength and reps. But if we were to count his total number of snaps and grade them all, I bet he'd end up somewhere around a C or C+.

I imagine he would have been better if he had Long on his side like we thought would happen at the time of the draft. Instead he had bums playing to his right. It's why the Bears need a RG in the draft, or a RT if they move Long back inside. Speaking of that, moving Long inside has the added benefit of helping Grasu and, hopefully, a replacement RT.