Calvin Johnson Retired.

scs787

Retiring while still at the top of the league. Seems like a theme among Lions great players since Barry Sanders did the same years ago. Johnson was Stafford's security blanket (he'd be that for any QB with common sense) and without that big target to bail him out I think we see his production drop quite a bit and an increase in INTs.

Although it's good for us from a division standpoint, this is a loss for all football fans. Johnson has been a class act and produced a lot of "wow" moments in his career.

Retiring while still at the top of the league. Seems like a theme among Lions great players since Barry Sanders did the same years ago. Johnson was Stafford's security blanket (he'd be that for any QB with common sense) and without that big target to bail him out I think we see his production drop quite a bit and an increase in INTs.

Although it's good for us from a division standpoint, this is a loss for all football fans. Johnson has been a class act and produced a lot of "wow" moments in his career.

Love the man as a player.......but I'm glad he's gone cause he was killing us......lol

Regarding the bolded part, I still say Barry retired because he felt disrespected by the league. The year he went over 2K in yards he had to share the MVP with Brett Freaking Farv, a guy who didn't even go over 4K that year in passing yards. One year after being disrespected, Barry retires. Another reason to hate farv.

Regarding the bolded part, I still say Barry retired because he felt disrespected by the league. The year he went over 2K in yards he had to share the MVP with Brett Freaking Farv, a guy who didn't even go over 4K that year in passing yards. One year after being disrespected, Barry retires. Another reason to hate farv.

Are you sure? My impression is that he retired because he felt the Lions did not honor their promise to get more talent and he hated playing for Bobby Ross.

Are you sure? My impression is that he retired because he felt the Lions did not honor their promise to get more talent and he hated playing for Bobby Ross.

Who really knows? But I was flabbergasted he had to share the MVP, and it had to feel disrespectful to him.