SCS Dream Offseason

scs787

I haven't really been able to make my usual long posts on the off-season, but I do have a little bit of down time right now and just wanted to throw this out there.

Believe I read somewhere that if Bennett and Rolle are gone, the cap would be something like 56M so.....

Sign/Resign

ILB Danny Trevathon 7M

ILB Brandon Marshall 7M (Yes I think its worth giving up a 2R pick to keep these 2 ILBs together)

DT. Akiem Hicks 4M

TE Ladarius Green 5M

OG Jeff Allen 6M

CB Tracey Porter 4M

DT Mitch Unrein 1.5M

OC Will Montgomery 1.5M

RB Jaquizz Rodgers 1.5M

Draft

Trade all the way down to 22 with Houston. Houston gets the QB they need, Bears get back the 2nd rounder they lost, plus another 4th rounder.

1.22- Jarran Reed DT Bama --- Broncos apparently love him, and they know defense

2.52- Jason Spriggs OT Indiana--- I know I've been an advocate for Leno, but in this scenario they can upgrade

3.72- Jeremy Cash SS Duke--- Keeping with a sort of Broncos theme, he gets TJ Ward comps. Also reminds me of Fangios former S Whitmer

4.103- Pharaoh Cooper WR SC- A bit of a luxury, long term slot guy to replace Royal

4.116- James Bradberry CB Samford- Porter was good last year but he's always been injury prone and is aging. Love Bradberry as a project.

5.138- Kevin Hogan QB Stanford- Did a lot of things Jay did at Stanford, good project to groom.

6.167- Dan Vitale SB Northwestern- SB=Super Back. He might go sooner, but this is my "Dream" and 6th round still could be reality.

6.186- Robert Aguayo K FSU-- Gould cost the Bears a few games last year.

6.188- Joe Dahl OG WSU-- Need some depth behind Allen/Slaus.

I haven't really been able to make my usual long posts on the off-season, but I do have a little bit of down time right now and just wanted to throw this out there.

Believe I read somewhere that if Bennett and Rolle are gone, the cap would be something like 56M so.....

Sign/Resign

ILB Danny Trevathon 7M

ILB Brandon Marshall 7M (Yes I think its worth giving up a 2R pick to keep these 2 ILBs together)

DT. Akiem Hicks 4M

TE Ladarius Green 5M

OG Jeff Allen 6M

CB Tracey Porter 4M

DT Mitch Unrein 1.5M

OC Will Montgomery 1.5M

RB Jaquizz Dodgers 1.5M

Draft

Trade all the way down to 22 with Houston. Houston gets the QB they need, Bears get back the 2nd rounder they lost, plus another 4th rounder.

1.22- Jarran Reed DT Bama --- Broncos apparently love him, and they know defense

2.52- Jason Spriggs OT Indiana--- I know I've been an advocate for Leno, but in this scenario they can upgrade

3.72- Jeremy Cash SS Duke--- Keeping with a sort of Broncos theme, he gets TJ Ward comps. Also reminds me of Fangios former S Whitmer

4.103- James Bradberry CB Samford- Porter was good last year but he's always been injury prone and is aging. Love Bradberry as a project.

5.138- Kevin Hogan QB Stanford- Did a lot of things Jay did at Stanford, good project to groom.

6.167- Dan Vitale SB Northwestern- SB=Super Back. He might go sooner, but this is my "Dream" and 6th round still could be reality.

6.186- Robert Aguayo K FSU-- Gould cost the Bears a few games last year.

6.188- Joe Dahl OG WSU-- Need some depth behind Allen/Slaus.

You put a lot of thought into this and have great names, but you gave away our 2nd pick to acquire Marshall, . there is no way we go after both Denver lbers

You put a lot of thought into this and have great names, but you gave away our 2nd pick to acquire Marshall, . there is no way we go after both Denver lbers

I traded down with Houston to get a 2nd rounder back....actually forgot in this dream scenario that that trade should get the bears another 4th rounder as well....going back to edit.

I think a 2nd for Marshall is worth considering to keep those 2 together.

Sign/Resign

ILB Danny Trevathon 7M for $6M

ILB Brandon Marshall 7M (Yes I think its worth giving up a 2R pick to keep these 2 ILBs together) Freeman for $4M

DT. Akiem Hicks 4M

TE Ladarius Green 5M

OG Jeff Allen 6M Bobby Massie, OT

CB Tracey Porter 4Mfor $4M

DT Mitch Unrein 1.5M for a 2-yr deal

OC Will Montgomery 1.5M

RB Jaquizz Rodgers 1.5Mfor 840K

scs, pretty good so far.

scs, pretty good so far.

Pretty darn close. I still expect Montgomery back to push Grasu, still have hope for Hicks, and I suppose Miller or Gresham would be a worthy alternative to Green who is gone already.

Houston got their QB already though, so there goes the draft part of my dream. With them taking Freeman instead of Marshall, they still have their 2nd so it could still look similar. I still don't really think Reed would be a reach at 11, nor would Spriggs be a reach in the top half of the 2nd.

Sign/Resign

ILB Brandon Marshall 7M (Yes I think its worth giving up a 2R pick to keep these 2 ILBs together) Freeman for $4M

DT. Akiem Hicks 4M for a 2-yr deal

TE Ladarius Green 5M

CB Tracey Porter 4M for $4M

OC Will Montgomery 1.5M

So Miller and Montgomery and half your dream came true.

Mr. Pace,

Please don't draft RB in the first.

Jason,

I'll see what happens. I really think Stanley will go to Baltimore so I'm not sure I wanna reach on a guy like Conklin who some people are calling a RT/RG. A lot of DL talent in this draft so I would prefer to wait on that. We are in an interesting spot here at 11. Stay tuned.

:P

Sign/Resign

DT. Akiem Hicks 4M for a 2-yr deal

TE Ladarius Green 5M Miller signed for 2 yrs

CB Tracey Porter 4M for $4M

OC Will Montgomery 1.5M

Monty and your dream has almost become reality.