Zac Miller 2 yrs 6M

50england50

Great signing. Pace is giving us gifts daily.

With a decent TE signed, I would expect to hear the Bennett trade soon. Marty was allowed to find a partner, lets hope he did well and gets the Bears a decent draft pick.

Bennett is probably gone, but they are not done at that position. Will address it in the draft.

Great signing. Pace is giving us gifts daily.

With a decent TE signed, I would expect to hear the Bennett trade soon. Marty was allowed to find a partner, lets hope he did well and gets the Bears a decent draft pick.

We will be lucky if we get a 6th round with the league knowing he will be gone no matter what. Think about it, if someone wants him, they will be expected to give him a new contract. It may not happen as a trade, may be just cut.

We will be lucky if we get a 6th round with the league knowing he will be gone no matter what. Think about it, if someone wants him, they will be expected to give him a new contract. It may not happen as a trade, may be just cut.

Most likely, but if he is released he goes to waivers. So a team that is serious may do a swap, 5th for one of our 6ths or something in that nature.

Looks like Bennett is gone

He might be gone, but I don't think this signing has anything to do with that. The Bears were very effective running dual TE sets last year. In fact, that's what pissed Bennett off is that they were using him as a decoy which allowed Miller to score TD's.

After all these deals, the Bears are still close to 20 million under the cap. Who do we even spend that money on? Any player of significance has at least two more years with the team (excluding AJ of course).

He might be gone, but I don't think this signing has anything to do with that. The Bears were very effective running dual TE sets last year. In fact, that's what pissed Bennett off is that they were using him as a decoy which allowed Miller to score TD's.

After all these deals, the Bears are still close to 20 million under the cap. Who do we even spend that money on? Any player of significance has at least two more years with the team (excluding AJ of course).

Wonder if they make Bennett happy with an extension? Otherwise I like Andrew Quarles as a blocking dual threat TE.

Miller is 31 and will probably continue to have health issues. It is a shame as he certainly is an excellent TE for us when healthy.

That being said I do not want to even consider "dumping" Bennett unless we have a lot better group of TEs on our roster than what we have now.

Beyond Bennett & Miller the rest of our group are no better than street FAs you can find anywhere, anytime.

Yes, Bennett is a pain in the ass at times but every team has one or two (or more) players demanding more money, renegotiate demands.

If management does not want to deal with that fine but make damn sure you get some form of compensation for him, min 5th rounder, or use him to sweeten a draft day trade that nets us great value.

Miller is 31 and will probably continue to have health issues. It is a shame as he certainly is an excellent TE for us when healthy.

That being said I do not want to even consider "dumping" Bennett unless we have a lot better group of TEs on our roster than what we have now.

Beyond Bennett & Miller the rest of our group are no better than street FAs you can find anywhere, anytime.

Yes, Bennett is a pain in the ass at times but every team has one or two (or more) players demanding more money, renegotiate demands.

If management does not want to deal with that fine but make damn sure you get some form of compensation for him, min 5th rounder, or use him to sweeten a draft day trade that nets us great value.

My thoughts exactly and I like the thought of bring a guy in day 3 in the draft to be an H-Back type TE.